Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
  • Breakfast included
$549
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsybor cityfront deskthe breakfast areachoice hotelscruise portcruise packagepool areafree breakfastclose to downtowntampa arearooms were very cleanwould stay here againyogurtshuttle servicebusch gardensking roomthe hard rock casino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Compared to my last Choice Hotel, this was much better and more like the normal Choice Hotel stay. The night clerk was nice. It did not seemed to be in the best of neighborhoods, but was well lit in the front and had a security guard. The side of the building could stand for some better lighting though. It really felt like a new hotel, but apparently was renovated about two years ago, and a new owner just purchased it and is renovating again. For what I consider a "lower" quality hotel chain (not meant as derogatory statement) this was a fantastic remodel. Usually the lower end hotels have poor remodels with obvious patches, warped walls, cracks, etc, but nothing like that here!
The breakfast was the usual Choice Hotels standard waffles, biscuits & gravy, juice, fruits, etc. The daytime and check-out staff was even better than the night and really perky (and I AM NOT perky in the morning) and pleasant.
From what I could see, it was very clean and well maintained. One note though, I am not sensitive to smells, but there was a strong smell in the hallway, not sure what it was but think it was cleaning products smell upon arrival, but when leaving I did not smell it. I know my wife is sensitive to strong smells, and had she been with me, I think she would have had some troubles with the strength of the smell.
One last thing, it was in a odd location that I think without a GPS, many would struggle to get in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the one main road just behind the hotel to reduce noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank yourswflnotary
Reviewed September 24, 2012

and when I say noisy I don't mean the washer or whatever...but the hallways. Even if you whisper in the hallway the room you are by can hear every word you say. The doors just don't block anything.

The rooms are VERY clean. Now the staff is awesome! Not just good. Housekeepers, front desk....

But you can tell when the owners are there. They stand over the smiling front desk staff and scowl. They make the place not very friendly feeling. If they did not have the front desk staff I would have given the place a "0".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Radford S
Reviewed September 19, 2012

What an Amazing Hotel! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and very spacious. The staff made me feel like it was my home away from home. I strongly encourge everyone to stay here on their trip. They have great prices, and the best hospitality I have encountered in a hotel... They made my daughter and I feel very welcomed. If you're looking for a great place to stay with free breakfast, look no further!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was going on a cruise Labor Day weekend and the Republican National Convention was in town at the same time (ugh, what a nightmare). We could not find a hotel to save our lives. We booked at some hole in clearwater for $175 with no shuttle service or anything to the port. Fast forward to a week before the cruise and Hurricane Isaac changed our luck :) This hotel suddenly had a couple empty rooms and honored their cruise and park specials. It's a newer hotel, hard to find as GPS tells you to travel south on 41 when you want to go north off of I4. Remember you want to turn at the SHell station at 41 and Melbourne then turn left right behind the Shell where you'll see crappy Days Inn...just keep going down that road and you'll see Quality Inn around the bend.

The staff was VERY friendly (Hi Bobby...helped me with directions), rooms were very clean and the hotel is newer. We were able to park 2 cars there. The shuttle to the port was great (I need to leave a review for the man that owned the service. He was a gem). and pickup after the cruise was quick and painless.

I'd highly recommend staying here if you have a special event and just need a place to sleep. I didn't give it 5 stars as there is no where to walk to eat and the 'hood isn't the best. Oh, my friends said the pool was nice, but the music was a pain as we could hear it in our room and we were trying to rest. But eventually you don't notice it.

I'm sure normal prices are more reasonable, but we did pay much more due to the convention. but it was worth it as there was NO WHERE ELSE TO STAY in that city. The breakfast was your usual carby fair LOL, but at least you can get something before heading out.

There is a food service that is mostly Italian food that will deliver room service. We just ordered pizza and it was pretty good (says the girl originally from Chicago...I don't say that easily). LOL

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank fififarley
Reviewed August 13, 2012

stayed here two nights, was kinda leary because of the location, but it turned out to be a nice clean place. staff was helpful and the breakfast was average. it was available until 1030 on the weekends which was nice after a long night at the casino you could sleep in a little later. we have a king suite with a seperate living area. two bathrooms which was very nice. we would stay again in the future. wanted a first floor room, was told they were booked. there was not hardly any cars in the parking lot both nights. cons: stayed in the second building which was a nice walk to the first building to get breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple