“Nice, clean, and close to Nova” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon

Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon
Ranked #42 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“Nice, clean, and close to Nova”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel was clean and what I would expect of a residence inn property. My family and I stayed here for a week and were pleased with the service, the room, and amenities. We enjoyed local restaurants and it wasn't too far to walk to Nova Southeastern's satellite campus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tiki B
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Tiki B,
It is wonderful that your family was able to join you on your recent visit to Nova Southeastern. We are the perfect location and hotel for travelers like you. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the cleanliness, service, room and amenities. I hope that you will return soon and enjoy more of the local area and restaurants.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were only here one night and checked in after 10 p.m. so we didn't use many of the amenities. The staff seemed friendly and the room was typical of Residence Inn. Although, when I got up in the morning, I realized the sheet on the bed was stained with blood and that was gross. I let the front desk know and hopefully they will address that with housekeeping. Breakfast was pretty typical, though there wasn't any fruit or yogurt. I would have given it a higher rating had the bed not had stained, possibly dirty sheets.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Angie M,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott. I am happy to see that the associates were friendly. I apologize that the bed sheet did not appear to be cleaned properly and that the complimentary breakfast was out of fruit and yogurt. I would be disappointed too. This is not typical of our hotel and I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments so this will not occur again. I certainly hope you will be back again so you can enjoy more of the hotel amenities and a longer more relaxing a stay with us.
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Someone would always speak to you and I even got a note from housekeeping wishing me a great day. The food is decent. If you're looking for places to walk near by they don't really have that. But overall, I would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Immadiva1024
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Immadiva1024,
It is great that you got to enjoy our warm hospitality at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We do have an abundance of things to do within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and while this is not within walking distance we can easily arrange a taxi for our guests. We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels take you to the Tampa area.

Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We arrived earlier than the check-in time and were accommodated by the front desk clerk in a very nice and spacious studio room. It has a full size kitchen, ample bathroom and large comfortable living room. The bed was to small for two persons. We liked the hot free breakfast and evening snack which is a complete meal by itself. During our stay we had some problems with the internet and the bandwidth.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Any special request contact the manager Suzanne.

Room Tip: Restaurant and room service were marked terrible since there were no other option if it is not avail...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Donicio W,
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for rating us a 5 overall and for sharing your feedback with others on Trip Advisor. It is great that we were able to accommodate your early check-in request and that you were able to enjoy the delicious complimentary breakfast and evening social. I apologize that the queen size bed was too small as this is the largest bed type we have to offer. I hope we will see you again soon when you travel to Tampa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at residence inn Marriott..the staff was very friendly.I would like to thank James the chef..for the great breakfast he prepared..n for being a grest host all the staff was awesome..thank you guyz for making our stay great..Tampa fl..

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear gramzzz,
I love the photo of Chef James! It is wonderful that the staff was awesome and that you enjoyed Chef James breakfast. Thank you for the positive comments and ranking of 5. Guest comments are so important to us and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and photo on Trip Advisor. We look forward to see you again when you travel to Tampa.
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Maybe it' s my fault for not doing more research but I've never stayed in a hotel before that was this poorly sound proofed. The family next door with kids talked to each other at the top of their voices. I had to turn my TV up to drown them out. They were also smokers so besides the kids playing in the hall the adults were constantly going outside so that meant the door slamming over and over again. And the people above me must have been giants because when they walked around, which they did a lot at night, my ceiling shook with the pounding it took.

The positive side is that the suite/room was nice. I was disappointed that housekeeping never vacuumed before or after I arrived. I know they didn't vacuum before because of a lot of little pieces of debris on the floor when I got there. And I purposely left a couple of sizable pieces of that junk where I found it and it was still there when I checked out. I know I could have requested someone vacuum the room but come on isn't that sort why you have a housekeeping crew. They also didn't pick up anything left on the tables that might be considered trash like a paper towel used as a coaster. What that indicates is that they never wiped down the surfaces either. You should see the amount of dust on the phone.
When I checked out I mentioned the noise and the morning clerk, who was exceptionally nice, gave me $30 off my bill which he didn't have to do.
But bottom line, I was disappointed and would not recommend the Residence Inn nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear TomChaz,
I apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay and for the housekeeping issues. I would be disappointed too. I have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping staff so this will not happen to future guests. I am glad to see that you found the suite to be nice and that the morning clerk was exceptional. I really hope that you will try our hotel again. If you would like to contact me I could assist you in making a reservation for a quieter area of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park.

Estero, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel was clean and our room was very nice. Our only complaints were with the other guests (understandably out of the staff's control) and one clerk. The guests in the neighboring room were either very loud or the walls are very thin. We returned to the hotel around 11pm on Saturday to find a domestic dispute unfolding in front of the main entrance. The staff didn't do anything about a group of 4-5 adults screaming profanities to each other across the parking lot. Later I went to purchase some milk from the "market" in the lobby but they didn't have any. I asked the clerk at the desk and she confirmed they didn't sell milk and that was it. She didn't offer to get some from the kitchen or suggest some place I could buy it. I just expected a little more for the price of the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Alex D,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see that you rated us a 5 for location and cleanliness. I apologize that there were disruptive guests during your stay and that the “market” did not have any milk. I agree that the front desk associate should have offered some alternative suggestions on where to purchase milk. Your comments will help us improve and I appreciate the feedback on the service you received. I am happy you liked the room and I hope we will see you again when you travel to the Tampa area.