“I love this place and the people who work there!”

Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon
Ranked #49 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is wonderful and the staff is so great and friendly they are so good to me and they love my son (Mason he's a year and a half old) he enjoys it there so much waving at the employees and giving high fives they are just so wonderful and patient when he throws his tantrums ;) he even learned how to crawl there on are last trip when he was 7 months old! It's just like being with FAMILY it's just a great place and the food is great so if u stay say hi to James and Deb the cooks and my son will definitely miss it and so will I...but I could go on all day about how great this place is and how friendly the staff is and how much I love it there it's definitely are home away from home....we will always go back when we are in Florida.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jeepmomma86
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Jeepmomma86,
We miss you and Mason already. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. As a regular repeat guest this means so much to us. I will share your comments with the hotel associates and recognize them for making your stay enjoyable. I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have totally enjoyed our 30+ day vacations at this hotel. The entire staff welcomes you into their "hotel family" with genuine care and concern for your every need. From the excellent management: Suzanne and Lena: to the friendly front desk staff: Roger, Sean, Kelsey and Cynthia: to the well-run dining room, James and Deborah: to the meticulous housekeeping staff: Colleen, Debbie, Maida: to the capable maintenance: Ramon, this is truly a home-away-from-home. We were totally satisfied with every aspect of this fine hotel and look forward to our next vacation with this wonderful staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnflyfish56
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Johnflyfish56,
Thank you for the outstanding review and 5 ranking. We miss you already! The Residence Inn by Marriott is designed for guests staying 5 nights or more and you can really settle in if you stay over a month like yourself. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding myself and other members of the hotel team. We take pride in extending a warm welcome to our guests. Come back soon to visit your “hotel family” in Tampa.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

All the employees are friendly and courteous and work to know us by name, but 2 are special.

Cynthia has always known our names and greeted us as we walked past the desk from day 1. Always has a big smile.

Deborah, the cook, goes out of her way to make sure everything is hot fresh and tastes great. A few times we asked for some special orders and she was happy to help us out.

We feel so much a part of the family, we keep waiting for our chore list!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Jim T,
Thank you so much for the employee compliments. At the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park it is our goal for all guests to feel like they are part of our family. I will recognize Cynthia and Deborah for going above and beyond. I am thrilled that you are able to rate us a 5. We will see you again soon when you travel back to Tampa.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I just wanted to said that this was the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff is friendly and always greet you with a smile. Ms Cynthia checked us in like we were family. What a nice surprise to have a hot Thanksgiving dinner that was hot and very good served by Ms Debora. The next morning they also have a hot breakfast served by Mr James

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank demonkitty8
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for the positive review and rating of 5. I am so glad that you found the staff friendly and were able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with us. I appreciate you taking the time to post some photos too. I hope you will be back again to stay with us at the Residence Inn Sabal Park sometime soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn Sabal Park for the last 6+ months on an extended contract assignment in Brandon. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the facility and the staff! It's not easy being away from home for this long, but the entire crew makes us all feel like we are family. There are approximately 20 co-workers staying here and we are all extremely satisfied with everything. If you see a negative review of anything at this hotel, you can be assured that the problem was with the customer, not the venue or the staff.
So many of the staff have gone out of their way to make our stay outstanding. Hopefully they will be understanding if I overlook anyone, but here goes...
The staff is simply outstanding - starting at the front desk, Kelsie, Cynthia, Roger, and Sean(sp) are a pleasure to deal with! They are always willing to go the extra mile to please.
The Kitchen staff is superb - especially James and Deborah. They consistently go out of their way to cater to our "special" needs. James deserves special recognition for "Omelet Wednesday" - really good!
The entire grounds are extremely well maintained. Colleen has an incredible housekeeping crew while Jimmy and Ray keep everything in tip-top shape and are ready to hop at a moment's notice to help with any issue.
In management, Lena is a Russian goddess :) She treats us like family (whether we deserve it or not:) ) You really can't ask for more! I haven't had much contact with upper management because it hasn't been necessary! They must be doing a great job!
One of the truly telling signs that this is an outstanding hotel is how many returning guests we see every week. I have friends from all over North America, just from my stay here. We BBQ on the patio several times a week - outstanding!
Come join me for Happy Hour - the drinks are on me! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PSP92630
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear PSP92630,

Thank you so much for the glowing recommendations of our property and the recognition of our associates. It’s our solemn duty as well as our sincere pleasure to extend to each and every guest the same warm welcome and hospitality which you have so eloquently described.
We are pleased that you were able to make use of so many of our amenities such as barbecue area, breakfast and evening buffets. Especially omelets Wednesday’s, thanks to James and Miss Deborah.
Thank you so much for staying with us and be part of our Sabal Park Family!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel with my family including my kids (9, 4 and 2years old). Unfortunatly, my lettle kid has a pen (after we removed all pens from the room) and wrote on the leather chairs of the room. The cleaning stuff just notify the managment about this once they saw the ink and did not complete their job of cleaning. We did apology from the hotel stuff and did our homework of cleaning to remove this ink from the chairs. Before the general manager came, the stuff admit that the ink was completly removed and there is almost no sign if ink and they just returned back like new. However, the general manager did not agree on that and it seems she instructed the stuff to not agree with cleaning. She asked to pay $1800 claiming to purchase 6 new chairs while my kid wrote on 5 only. After I notify her of the real number of chairs, she adked to pay $1500. After my discussion with them, they agreed to clean the chairs more and not to cut money from my cridet card.... and guess when returned to my home they just cut $1800 !!!???

I added photos of chairs for your judgment and to see what are these people doing.

Also, I claimed there were roaches in the room and the manager simply explained that food remainig in the floor was the cause of availing the roaches !!!!

Save your money ... choose other hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank AMMAR A
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Ammar A,
Thank you for replacing the damaged chairs. I am glad that they arrived this month. As you know we take great pride in maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of our hotel and comments like yours are not typical of this hotel. I hope you will continue to select Marriott when you travel.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Waking up on a cool morning, having coffee while relaxing for a couple of hours by the fire. My daughter is a student and has the pleasure of staying here once a month for 5 days while attending classes. I as a mother worried about her being so far from home and all alone, well she has found a place here that makes her feel right at home. Everyone is pleasing and they truly make you feel like family. James, Colleen and all of the rest have really gone out of their way to help. This is my second time here and I could and would live in one of the mini suites that my daughter lives in once a month. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that looks after my daughter. I think I might have to come with her every month for the next 3 1/2 years.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Janet D,
I appreciate that you took the time to post this outstanding review. It is our pleasure to have you and your daughter as regular guests! Thank you for mentioning James and Colleen – I will recognize them for their helpfulness. I love your profile picture of our fire pit. The weather is turning just right to enjoy it. We look forward to having you here regularly over the next 3 ½ years.