New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon

Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon
Ranked #42 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Crystal River, Fl
“Excellent FREE food, good rate, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum memeber, and stay in Marriotts around Florida as often as I can, usually just a get-a-way. This hotel in Brandon offered a free dinner, including beer and wine, and the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had. Lots of variety, fresh, hot, and did I mention complimentary. This is not a "resort", it's not priced or advertised as one, It's located in a quiet business park area, just off I-75, and I don't think the competition has ammenities like this for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
HuManatee9,

Thank you so much for being a loyal Platinum Elite Member and staying at Marriott properties and ranking our property 5! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening reception and enjoyed a glass of wine on us! Our guest really enjoy free hot buffet breakfast every day not to mention a daily rotation of the breakfast items, so our guests have a variety. Residence Inn also offers breakfast on the go to keep up with every ones busy schedule. By being so close to a big intersection, I-75 and just 3 miles from the heart of Brandon it makes our location unique. Also by being in a business park travelers are close to work.
Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you in the near future!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you need to travel and your workplace is nearby, this a great hotel to stay in. The rooms are HUGE and clean and the staff are very friendly. I did not use, but there was a cooktop, microwave and fridge in the room. The area around the hotel is devoid of anything other than regular chains etc...so just beware.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators at end of hallways. Super quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank rogerroy1974
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear rogerroy1974,
I am glad you enjoyed the clean room and friendly staff. Our rooms are Suites and definitely much larger than a standard hotel room. Since you did not use your kitchen I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary daily breakfast and evening social (Mon-Thur). While the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park is located in Tampa it is 9 miles from downtown Tampa. I’m a local so when you come back I would be happy to recommend some local spots to try. Hope to see you again soon!
North Clarendon, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed her with Some of my Family, the rooms are very large, very clean and have pretty much everything you could ask for. 2 separate Bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a living room with a wood burning fireplace. Didn't get to use the pool, but the facility looked nice and well kept. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet part of town on the west side of I-75 far enough away to be away from the commercial busyness, yet only a 5 minute drive if you want to eat or shop. The Amphitheater is maybe at the most 5 minutes away and the casino maybe another few minutes. Perfect for getting around because I-75 is very close and so Is access to I-4 and I-4 to I-275. If you plan on going downtown tampa it may take about 15 mins tops during none rush hour times. Will definitely make this home base when I stay in the area for business or pleasure in the not so far future.

Room Tip: Rooms either Face the Front overlooking the pool and parking lot, or back views are backed up to oth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Dan C,
I am so glad you loved your two bedroom suite at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. This room type is very spacious and has the extra feature of the fireplace. I agree that our location is a great place to stay for concerts and the casino. You cannot beat the convenience to I-75, I-275 and I-4. See you again soon when you return to Tampa.
ri.tpasp.gm
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent two weeks at this location while my husband was in a nearby hospital. The staff was very good and it was a nice place to come "home" to at the end of the day. I did eat the evening meal there every night and it was more than adequate. The hotel seemed to be housing several groups for long term which was both good and bad. One group in particular seemed to "take-over" the barbecue area as well as the dining area to the exclusion of other hotel guests. Not a big deal, but a little annoying. The room was clean and fairly quiet due to its location. A nearby room had yapping dogs--the family was there for a month--, but I could turn on the ac and drown them out. I wish hotels would put all pets on the first floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear KatGio,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent travel experience at the Residence Inn Sabal Park. It was a pleasure to have you here while your husband was at the hospital. I am glad you found the hotel nice and quiet with clean rooms. I apologize that a large group took over the barbecue area. I appreciate that information so we can notify groups going forward to be mindful of sharing the barbecue area with all guests. It is great that you got to enjoy our evening social and found it more than adequate. I hope we will see you again at the Residence Inn Sabal Park as we love being your home away from home.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been there for business over the last few months. Starting with Sunday check-in with Kelsey, every person makes the extra effort to look after anything that you need or any adjustment required in your room. Not only can you count on a good breakfast but the evening salad and food has been great on nights when I still had more calls and web meetings to conduct. James helps me to pack a to-go breakfast or snack when I need. Good facilities, peaceful clean rooms, what more can you ask?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Pamela C,
Thank you for the positive review and ranking of 5. I am thrilled that Kelsey and James made the extra effort to make your stay great and that you found the room clean. It is our goal to provide memorable service to our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I hope to see you soon when your business takes you back to the Tampa area.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I arrived late in the evening to a welcoming reception. This hotel has nice, clean suites. Breakfast is fast and good. The dining area is kept clean. The location is near downtown, close to the office parks off I75. I had no problems with insects or hot water as a recent reviewer talked about. I would have no issues returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear MandLinNJ,

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Sabal Park. We appreciate the notes on the evening social, hot breakfast buffet, and that the hotel as a whole was clean and to your liking! I will be sure to share this review with the entire hotel - our staff works diligently to ensure that each and every guest is accommodated and made to feel right at home, which is so important, especially when on such a busy travel schedule! Again, we thank you so much for the feedback and look forward to your future visits.

Our Warmest Regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Kelsie amazing, helpful!!! After driving from Texas, she took care of everything: from our room location coordinating with our UHAUL parking, to incidental toiletries, etc. Would recommend this location to friends and family coming in from out of town. Everything stocked well in the room. Feels like home away from home: very peaceful, family atmosphere. Thankful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear dwellingplace,
Wow! Thanks so much for the 5-Star review; we’re thrilled to hear that your stay with us was so memorable. Our front desk staff is full of superstars and I am excited to share your experience with the hotel team. Kelsie is a true gem and takes wonderful care to ensure that each of our guests have their best experience possible. We would love to continue to be your home away from home, and you can ensure that we will provide top notch service to you and your Texas friends time after time. Until next time!
Best Wishes,