New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
Ranked #86 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Waycross, Georgia, United States
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had a very impressive stay at the Extended Stay in America. Ayman and Mike met me at the front desk and provided professional and customer service above and beyond expectations. Furthermore, they met all my needs / requests. The room was very impressive along with cleanliness of the hotel. I would highly reommend the Tampa Airport Extended Stay. They also ensured the shuttle picked me up and dropped me off in a timely manner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JDav_13
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we were able to meet all of your needs and were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
La Malbaie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is our fifth year coming here, and I have only good to say about this hotel, and especially the staff and it's managers, Patty and Iman. We love coming here for our annual holiday and stay at least one to two months. Great!

Room Tip: We are next to the airport, but I like being in the front of the hotel to see the traffic and people...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzanne G
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you stay at our property every year when you are in town! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
South Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I searched for days on-line before deciding upon this hotel. It's close to where the softball team is staying as well as the softball field. I wanted a place to feel safe since I am a female and my husband had to stay back. I also needed a place that was reasonably priced. The staff is incredibly friendly and they do not make you feel like you're an interuption. I requested a ground floor room and was accomodated (thank you Mike!). The facilites are just right; laundry on site, fitness room, flat panel tv, printer, full kitchen. I sent my husband a video of the room and he was equally impressed. Thank you Extended Stay America! Oh...and the bed is very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ground floor is usually my first choice when I have a choice. Being a Softball Mom taking elevators...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you were impressed with our hotel and had a great experience. I'm glad that the location and amenities were great for your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't normally write reviews though I believe this is warranted. Just checked in today for a 3 week stay.

Several items that are notable:

1) Carpets are stained around bed with some sort of fluid. Will not walk on carpet without footwear. Includes bathroom area.

2) Microwave glass plate missing. Front desk advised that plastic replacement plates are what are used now and provided one.

3) No sleep at end of hallway due to door to parking lot banging.

4) No pots/pans in room. Called/visited front desk 4 times in 4 hours to have pots/pans delivered. Now in hotel for 16 hours and still nothing.

Overall, would not recommend this hotel for quality although location is reasonable.

Has potential although rooms need a substantial facelift as furniture is substantially damaged and stained.

Online photos had made the hotel look substantially different than what was provided.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were a few issues with your room upon checkin. In response to your feedback, I would like to try to resolve this issue, if you could please contact me. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tap@extendedstay.com or the hotel at 813-886-5253. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay.
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Provides most of everything you need on a long stays. property is bit old and walls are thin otherwise its a clean hotel and you can stay here longer without issues. not many restaurants nearby or any grocery stores nearby.

Room Tip: forget staying here if you don't have a car
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AravindBabu
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you feel our hotel would be a great choice for a long term stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not only was the hotel comfortable, clean, quiet and the staff fantastic, after my stay, I had a problem with a charge on my credit card. Immediately, Ayman Salem the manager took care of the problem. THAT does not happen anywhere else! Thanks so much Ayman. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank red d
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were able to enjoy a quiet and comfortable stay.I also appreciate your patience in allowing me the time to correct your billing issue. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staff is awesome, friendly, nice, and always go out of their way to take care of me. So basically so far so good. They keep the property pretty clean and there is always someone there 24/7 which is good

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant in the hotel but there are some very good ones close by. Room at then i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Anna M
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff here makes you feel welcome. Our number one goal is to make sure that we make your stay with us a" home away from home." Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!