“Great hotel for what we needed”

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
Ranked #111 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
MA
“Great hotel for what we needed”
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband and I booked this hotel because we knew we would need a room for at least a week, maybe more, and wanted to save money by cooking some of our own meals.

We weren't looking for a facny hotel, but something clean and convenient. If you stay here for more than a day or two, you will want a car.

A couple of things we didn't realize about extended stay hotels, but weren't a problem once we knew are:
1) They only clean twice a week if you are booked for a week or more.
2) You have to ask at the front desk for a pot and pan, as well as dishwashing and washer soap.

The staff was very friendly and willing to help. The only negatives were the thin towels, and that the walls are a little thin, so if you have loud neighbors, you will hear them.

All in all, this was a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MATravellerMa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
NYC
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I also stayed there for the Super Bowl. Was expecting a dump but actually it was reasonably nice. Certainly the lobby was shabby, the breakfast kinda pathetic (store-bought breakfast rolls), the furtinure kinda old... but the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, there was no noticeable noise, and everything worked. And, although it was located directly behind the "Penthouse Club," it was very convenient.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank krakor
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We stayed here over Super Bowl week, as it was the last hotel room in the city. It really wasn't all that bad, though the price was artificially high at the time ($350/night), due to the game.

Rooms were small, but clean...about the size of a studio apartment. I wouldn't drag my family in there for a long stay, but it would do, if I needed something cheap for a night or two.

Very close to the stadiums and the airport.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank jimz0r
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We booked at the last minute through Orbitz and picked this hotel, which looked roomy and clean, and was well reviewed.

Frankly, I have no idea what the other reviews are talking about in their praise.

The common areas of the hotel are nice. There's not much of a lobby, but that's okay. Hallways are modern and clean.

The room is spacious, but smells of must (not enough fabreeze in the world to kill it). The bedspread has holes in it - can't tell if that's from cigarettes or bugs, but it should be replaced. The furniture is getting old and dirty. The dishes in the kitchen aren't very clean (and come with a written warning that they are not "commercially sanitized"). The big downer comes in the bathroom, which is disgusting. Visible filth and stains are everywhere. Crud literally hangs from the door hinges. There are stains everywhere. The tub has rust around the fixtures.

The walls are literally paper thin. At 3am when people decided to come back and talk and turn on their radio, it sounds like they are in our room. Other than an occasional cackle, they aren't even unreasonably loud. But the walls are so thin, it sounds like they are right next to me.

Another lovely surprise was no housekeeping services. You can exchange towels at the front desk or pay for cleaning, unless you are staying long. They definitely save money on cleaning expenses - that's obvious!

This place is a nightmare. Unfortunately I booked through Orbitz and didn't check the fine print - the room was 100% non-refundable.

I would avoid this place like the plague - it's not worth the aggravation.

• Liked — Front desk staff was friendly and accomodating
  • Disliked — Filthy room, paper thin walls, no housekeeping
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2009

If you're looking for a luxury resort with all the trimmings, this place is not for you. However, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable hotel that won't empty your wallet, this hotel is perfect. The room we rented was the size of a studio apartment. The decor was a little dated, but everything was clean. There was a small kitchen area where we could prepare meals, which saved A LOT of money. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel is located close to shopping, entertainment and tourist attractions, including (if you want to attend the Super Bowl) Raymond James Stadium. There is a nice little pool. My only complaint is in regard to the exercise room. It's tiny, has no ventilation, has clunky old equipment -- and no paper towels or disinfectant to clean the machines before and after use. My husband and I bought our own paper towels and Lysol, but we had to wonder how many other people don't bother to clean up. With staph infections on the rise, sweaty, germ-filled equipment is a serious issue, and I hope the hotel addresses it; it is the only reason I gave my stay 4 stars instead of 5. However, my unhappiness in this one area would not stop me from staying here again or recommending this hotel to a friend.

• Liked — Kitchen area allowed us to save a lot of money on meals
  • Disliked — Exercise room has no paper towels or disinfectant to clean machines - danger of staph infection
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trothaar
Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2008

We booked rooms for my son's cross country team. The hotel is less than 30 minutes away from Glades park and 10 minutes to busch gardens.

We saved money by preparing meals in the room's kitchen.

Great place to stage a group for local events and attractions.

Stayed November 2008
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I was very surprised at how nice the Extended Stay Deluxe was. The hotel seems to be very new (or newly renovated) with very nice modern contemporary furnishings. Everything was very clean and comfortable. My room(King Bed Studio suite) was spacious, clean and relaxing. The staff was helpful and overall I had a wonderful stay. I will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Price, Very Clean and Modern, Convenient to Airport
  • Disliked — No hot breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Airport Avion Park Westshore

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
Address: 1805 N West Shore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607-3906 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #111 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa