“Huge room/suite with new furniture, but not very clean-bad staff”

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd.
Ranked #110 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, United States
“Huge room/suite with new furniture, but not very clean-bad staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

So, most hotels in Tampa are a bit aged. This hotel was nice on the outside and had very large rooms and nice furniture. But, you could tell that the staff put minimal effort into cleaning the room. My dishwasher had rotting food and flies! The stove had a hardened food patch. The corners of the bathroom had hair on the floor. I bought a can of scrubbing bubbles and used the entire can cleaning the place before I felt comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, January 3, 2014
David - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet our company's cleanliness standards. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our staff to ensure that your room is cleaned properly and to improve our cleaning procedures overall moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tsh@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

First off the staff at the front desk was the worst I have ever experienced! Calvin was very rude and truly had no business working with people! Some other girl up there was extremely ignorant and should be fired! This place wasn't a hotel it is a halfway house for bums! Dirty and disgusting, the room was gross and there was mold everywhere! And the free breakfast consisted of a bowl of slop and bad coffee! Stay Away from this place!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Enforcer21
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The worst experience I have ever had at a hotel! !!! The staff at the front desk was a joke! When we checked in we were told that they were going to put us on the second floor and then we were going to be moved to the first floor the next day which would have been a huge inconvenience because we had a lot of belongings but we agreed . The room they gave us was absolutely disgusting. The next day I informed the front desk that we were driving to Kissimmee to return our 30 foot rental recreational vehicle that we used to travel one way to Florida from Chicago. I said that I would check in with them when we returned to see what room we would be moving to. I was hoping that maybe it would be nicer than the room we were in. We were planning on staying there for over a month until we closed on our new home. So when we returned from Kissimmee I checked in with the front desk to see what room we would be moving to Calvin at the front desk told me that he didn't know what to do because they did not have a room for us I could not believe it I told him I have nowhere else to go a room filled with belongings and a very small rental car that would never be able to fit all of our things. He began to get extremely mean and said that he was going to call the police and have myself my husband and 2 small children removed from the hotel. I was in shock! I have never even received so much as a parking ticket and now the police are at our room telling us that he was sorry but we have to leave. Calvin did not even want us to be able to get our belongings but the Tampa Police told him that we have the rest of the night to get our stuff out. The police officer felt very badly for us. He could see that we were very nice people and were dealing with this horrible staff. We now had to rent a truck to get our belongings, but in the long run they did us a favor because the place that we are at now is beautiful.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Marose1999
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I arrived late at Night and the attendant Phillip was exteremly helpful and accomdating. He made us feel like we were at home! We will be staying there in the future again and hope to recieve the same kind of hospatality

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that Philip was helpful, accommodating and made you feel at home. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at this property and was extremely impressed with the service given by the front desk, especially the service given by Elle. She was very helpful and friendly. The rest of the hotel staff was also very kind. The room featured a small kitchenette which I used to cook one night during my stay. I will defiantly be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Lori - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service at our front desk from Elle as well as the rest of our staff. I am also glad to hear that you had an opportunity to utilize our fully-equipped kitchen.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a good stay for the past two weeks while in transasition for my move to Miami. The staff was great and got me everything that was needed while I was here. I would recomend this hotel to any busy traveler. It is close to the airport and a large mall for good food and shopping.

Room Tip: Get the rooms close to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Omar - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read you were happy with our staff and had everything you needed during your two weeks with us. We hope we made your transition to Miami a good experience.

Thank you again for writing your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Wonderful-----they let you park your car there while you are on your trip---saved me about $100 over driving and parking-----plus I live about 35-40 minutes away from the airport-----less stress---shuttle to the airport was there early---

Rooms are wonderful and clean---full kitchen------extra space-----

Breakfast seemed a little sparse---I did not eat there-----no fruit---no cereal----it appeared only oatmeal and muffins, basically---

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd., responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Harvey - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a terrific review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean room, full kitchen and extra space. We also appreciate you letting us know your thoughts about our grab-and-go breakfast. This is a new feature for us, so as we fine tune it, we will keep your feedback in mind.