First let me say that, having worked for 12 years in the airline industry, I feel that I am more than qualified to judge good customer service.
I was actually in Tampa to view several homes up for sale in the area, as well as to get a feel for both the city of Tampa, as wellas the residential neighborhoods surrounding the city. As I approached the front desk in the modest, but immaculate and tastefully decorated lobby, I was greeted warmly and courteously by the young woman behind the desk.
My requests for both a smoking room, as well as a room overlooking the pool, were immediately accomodated. The young woman went out of her way to answer several questions I had about the area and she eagerly suggested some excellent eating establishments located a convenient distance from the hotel.
Needless to say, I was very impressed by the level of customer service I received.
My room was nicely laid out, however, I was less than impressed by the housekeeping staff and the lack of cleanliness of both the kitchenette and bathroom areas. There were several pubic hairs left in the tub (which also had a dirty ring around it). There was a brown stain of obvious origin on the bathroom light switch, as well as the wall near the switch. The dishwasher was inoperable during my entire stay, despite the fact that I personally reported the problem at the front desk (to a different clerk than the woman who checked me in) and was assured that maintenance would be notified and the problem fixed within 24 hours...
My "housekeeper" had not left any hand towels or wash clothes, and when I went in search of her to ask that she not only provide me with these items, but re-wash the tub and clean the stains off
the wall and lightswitch, she made me wait until she completed her cell phone call, and then she made several gestures that I assumed meant that her english was limited, at best. I ended up going down to the front desk for the missing towels myself, after which I made an unsucessful attempt at cleaning off the offensive looking stains. I ran the water in the tub until the pubic hairs went down the drain, but the soap ring in the tub was still there when I checked out... thankfully I prefer showers to baths!
Despite these issues, my stay was pleasant and the location of the hotel, as well as the reasonable rates and the fact that I was able to get a smoking room, and, of course, the lasting favorable impression that the very first person I encountered upon arrival left upon me, are the reasons why I am returning to this hotel on the 21st of September for a week while sign papers on a house I found on my first visit... Hopefully this time the housekeepers will have done a better job! Lol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - N. West Shore Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Tampa-Westshore Blvd Hotel Tampa
- Extended Stay America Tampa
- Extended Stay Tampa
- Tampa Extended Stay