1,516 results
All reviewspam calhounbusch gardensguest service ambassadorcomplimentary dinnerlettuce lake parkmoffitt cancer centerevery morningquiet areaevening receptiongreat place to stayfull kitchenking suitehot breakfastbreakfast staffclean hotelfitness roomthe breakfast area
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We just returned from our vacation last week to Orlando and Tampa. While in Tampa, we stayed at this Hampton Inn and were sincerely impressed. Check in and out were smooth. The room was clean, with nice, fresh clean bedding, comforters, and nice soft fluffy towels. Room had a pretty good sized flat panel TV. Breakfasts surpassed most "continental" options of cereal, or danishes. There were always hot items such as scrambled eggs & peppers to make breakfast burritos or even cheese omelettes one morning. They also had a Manager's Reception all nights we were there (week day evenings) and the two nights we went down, it was ample and tasty enough to be our dinner. The first night, which we missed, there was BBQ pork sandwiches. Second night was hamburgers and 3rd was beef stew. Aside from a main hot item, there was cheese & crackers, carrots & celery, chips... plenty for a family traveling on a budget with a 4 year old. We were thrilled about the Manager Reception because of this. There was also a free shuttle to Busch Gardens where we could set the times we wanted to be taken/ picked up instead of set shuttle times that some other hotels offered. The hotel is located not far off of I-75 and very close to an office park, putting it in a better location than right around Busch Gardens, that is a bit of a shadier area of Tampa. You could tell that the hotel was sprucing itself up as fresh paint appeared in the lobby and in some exterior locations. Overall, we were very happy and would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites out of convenience, having secured a reservation at a more upscale hotel previously,but it was farther away from my business appointments. With reservation, I went forward with Hampton Inn. Although the hotel appears in the process of upgrading, my room had not made the upgrade with the furniture and carpet seeing wear. The recliner however, was sooooo comfortable and a great place to stop after a long day. The hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful. The housekeeping staff attended to "the little things"....putting the Sprite and bottled water I left on the desk on ice so when I returned after a hot, long day, a nice cold drink was waiting. The continental breakfast is equal to others in suite hotels and the staff is very friendly. Easy access; sidewalks to walk on in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

No problems from check in to check out. Staff was courteous and went out of way to be helpful - housekeepers were considerate and polite - room was clean - will definitely add this to my list of preferred hotels in Tampa area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We had a coupon for $49 from a Room Saver coupon book. I can't remember ever paying that little for a room. Unfortunately, it is true that you get what you pay for.
The room was dark and the furniture was worn. It was not spotless like several other Hamptons. For some reason, they turned the air off in the hallways and elevators.
I would not have spent a second night at the property, but we only needed a place for the night. In fact, I would prefer to pay a normal rate and enjoy the room. I'm sure there is a better Hampton Inn in the Tampa area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My family and I cannot say enough about this Hampton Inn. Over the past 2 years I have been receiving treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center. In May of 2008 I had surgery and between the surgery and a complication afterwards was in the hospital for 30 days. Before that and since there have been many days we have spent at Moffitt for tests, checkups, minor surgeries. My family made Hampton Inn on Hidden River Parkway our homebase. The rooms and service have always been exceptional. Quiet and peaceful. Exactly what we needed. My friend and I stayed there March 30 because of my latest cancer reoccurence. We commented on our stays at Hampton Inns and how, no matter where they are located, we have never been disappointed. Thank you also so much for the Moffitt patient discount which helps immensely. Cathy

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business