1,515 results
All reviewspam calhounbusch gardensguest service ambassadorcomplimentary dinnerlettuce lake parkmoffitt cancer centerevery morningquiet areaevening receptiongreat place to stayking suitehot breakfastbreakfast stafffull kitchenclean hotelfitness roomthe breakfast area
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My family and I cannot say enough about this Hampton Inn. Over the past 2 years I have been receiving treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center. In May of 2008 I had surgery and between the surgery and a complication afterwards was in the hospital for 30 days. Before that and since there have been many days we have spent at Moffitt for tests, checkups, minor surgeries. My family made Hampton Inn on Hidden River Parkway our homebase. The rooms and service have always been exceptional. Quiet and peaceful. Exactly what we needed. My friend and I stayed there March 30 because of my latest cancer reoccurence. We commented on our stays at Hampton Inns and how, no matter where they are located, we have never been disappointed. Thank you also so much for the Moffitt patient discount which helps immensely. Cathy

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

My wife, child (5 years old) and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa North for 3 nights in January 2010. Check-in was smooth at about 4:15 pm with no waiting or line. I had booked a package that included 2 tickets to Busch Gardens, which were printed during check-in. I was also able to buy a ticket for my child at a reduced rate.
I had booked a suite that had a small kitchen, living area and separate bedroom. The kitchen had a microwave, 2 burner stove, dishwasher and full sized refrigerator. There was a counter that had 3 stools. The living room had a sleeper sofa, chair, desk & chair, coffee table, end tables and a TV. The TV was a flat panel HDTV, although there is no PPV or video checkout etc. My VIP My Way benefit of a bottle of water and salty snack (cracker jax) was in the room when we arrived. A USA today was delivered to the room on weekdays. There is no safe in the room.
The toiletries were “Purity Basics” brand and consisted of shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, shoe mitt, and small comb.
We had an issue with ants in the kitchen. I had purchased a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts (as I always do) the first night and put the box on the kitchen counter. The next morning, there were ants all over the counter and in my doughnut box. The ants kept appearing. I told the front desk and they said someone would do something about it. I never got confirmation that anything was done, but we had gotten rid of all the ants at the time and did not bring any food into the room for the remainder of the trip.
The breakfast was typical continental fare, with 2 different “hot” items each day. For example scrambled eggs and bacon the one day. There was also a waffle maker. The bananas they had available did not look very good and were bruised and browning. The breakfast area also seemed dirty and untidy most of the time.
We did not try the managers’ reception the night it was open while we were there. They had what looked like stew along with cheese, crackers, chips, carrot sticks.
This hotel is fairly close to Busch Gardens, about a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic. It is farther away from such other attractions as Lowery Park Zoo and the Florida Aquarium. There are many restaurants nearby, especially on Fowler Avenue about 5-10 minutes away.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Stayed here with my wife becuase it was recommended by University of South Florida Health where my wife was having treatment at Morsani and Moffit for cancer.The hotel has a preferential rate for USF Health.

The hotel is also convenient for Busch Gardens.

The hotel was perfectly adequate for our needs over 2 nights though I think it`s a little further from Morsani and Moffit than I`d ideally like and it`s very out of the way for a range of eating places and supermarkets and shops generally.I`ve stayed much closer to Morsani at another hotel reviewed by me and I very much preferred that one which was a similar rate on the internet for a far better room and was much better located.

Having said that this hotel is fine.Check in and check out were efficient.The room was an ok size though a bit gloomy.The bathroom was a decent size and towels and complimentary toiletries were plentiful.The room was clean.There was no safe nor a fridge until we asked for one.There is no mini-bar.There was a coffee making facility though there is 24/7 complimentary hot beverages in the lounge /reception area.There was a tv,not modern but functional and it seems unusually for a Brit who loves American Football it had the NFL channel--not many hotels in the US seem to have that(perhaps at the request of the ladies such as my wife??!!!)

Continental style breakfast was fine with a reasonable range of fruit and cereals and pastries.I don`t know if a hot breakfast was available--but I saw no sign of one.

There is no bar .

The swimming pool is adequate and towels are provided by reception.

There is plenty of free parking in the car park that surrounds the hotel for guests.

I would stay here again for a night or two--but only if my preferred choice of hotel was already fully booked but if you do stay it`ll be alright.It`s certainly an ok choice for an overnighter and there is a complimentary newspaper available in reception so that`s worth something!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This hotel served as our home base for the recent U2 show in Tampa. I took my teenage daughter and son. The hotel is easy to get to - great location in a business park, so on a Friday night it was very quiet.

My son did not go to show and stayed in the room, camped out with munchies, his iPod & laptop. He fell asleep before we got back after midnight, and had locked the door from the inside. He slept through our repeated calls and knocks on the door, so the gal at the front desk (the only person on staff in the middle of the night) had to make a master emergency key to get the latch open and get us in to the room - my son slept through the whole ordeal!

All this to say that it was a great stay - very friendly and helpful staff, and very clean and quiet location. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank birdonthebeach
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Visiting our son at USF and are staying here for three nights. We just spent our first night here and it's wonderful. Beds are super comfortable. We booked an online AARP rate, which was good enough, but when we got here we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Very nice and clean with Kitchen - microwave, two eyes on the stove, full size fridge and a dishwasher. Nice flow throughout. Feels like a home/apartment. So far, were thrilled with our choice and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple