Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
$149
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$113
$99
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$134
$123
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$176
$159
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$157
SailportSuites.com
$155
$140
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$153
$119
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

1,469 results
All reviewspam calhounbusch gardensguest service ambassadorcomplimentary dinnerhidden riverlettuce lake parkmoffitt cancer centerevery morningevening receptiongreat place to stayking suitebreakfast staffhot breakfastfull kitchenclean hotelthe breakfast areathe entire staff
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were in Tampa mainly for Busch Gardens/Adventure Island from July 5-July13.

The good - The staff. For the most part the staff was great. Helpful and always greeting everyone hello with a smile. The room was clean. The complimentary breakfast did not have many choices for hot food but served its purpose. Apparently there was complimentary dinner from Monday through Thursday (we were hardly in the hotel but saw it one time when we came back to the hotel when it was being served.)

The bad - We were in room 318 which was a suite with a kitchen. It seems that the air conditioning system was being worked on so for the first few days the hallways were uncomfortable. The right stove did not work - we could have asked to be moved but to move a whole family is painful and we survived on the one that did work. Besides, the interaction with the front desk (read below) turned me off from wanting to ask them for anything unless desperate. There was no sponge to wash dishes, however they did have dish washing detergent, plates and one pot and one pan. They didn't have knives (maybe we could have asked and they would have provided - so call and ask).
If you liked working out but did not want to go run out in the heat / humidity this is not the hotel for you. It had one treadmill, one stationary bike, and one elliptical machine. No free weights but a "universal" machine if you wanted to work on strength.

We were there for 8 full days so I made sure that the hotel had a washing machine for the guests. Well there was ONE washer and ONE dryer. If you have a family of five and traveling and wanted to wash your clothes so you don't have to bring so much clothes this is NOT the place for you. Throughout our stay there was a woman who was washing her hotel sheets and towels (OCD?). And another time I had clothes in the dryer and even before my time was up someone had taken my clothes out and put in five pairs of wet dirty shoes but didn't even run the dryer! for an hour. You need a card key to get in the tiny laundry room but couldn't tell me who did that so therefore I lost time on getting my clothes cleaned.

The UGLY - We arrived at 3:05 P.M. to check in. There was a family before us also wanting to check in. I understand that the hotel must have been busy from the holiday weekend but it was the attitude of Jonathan at the front desk that was most surprising. The woman was rude and frankly I did not like her attitude at all. However she was rude and they should have still given customer service. Not ONE time did Jonathan or anyone else (Tanya and Tasha were also there - who looked like they were deers caught in headlights) did they apologize for not having the rooms ready. They kept on saying that they were doing an inspection at the moment and it would be available soon. Then Jonathan said that they can leave and go somewhere else. Even if he said it nicely, unless they were violent you should NEVER suggest such a thing. Clearly with three small children that would be a crazy thing to suggest so I was disgusted for the remainder of the trip. They would have been fine I am sure if Jonathan just said "I'm really sorry but the rooms are not available yet and provide perhaps an explanation of their process. "We are happy to take your luggage and store, give you water, etc" , ANYTHING!!!) I am witnessing all this and since I have three small children going crazy at them moment and totally disgusted by this I try to keep my composure. Maybe 3:30 we were told our room was ready (maybe a few minutes after) They should have managed our expectations rather than saying that it will be ready any minute. We could have gone out and came back but it would have been honest - they could have said that they can guarantee a late check out....anything. Where was the CUSTOMER SERVICE. There was NO information about the complimentary dinner that they were offering. There was a sign of hotel guest of the day, what was that about? They said they would give me three bottles of water as a HHonors member but they only gave it to me two days later after I asked for it and they only gave me two. and it wasn't even the Dasani that they were showing. Small detail but I was annoyed at this point.
If they were inspecting the rooms they would have noted that one stove was not working. Could have notified us that the air conditioner on the 3rd floor was not working properly temporarily.

I agree with all the positives from the reviews. But there were bad seeds

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you were less than impressed with our property and amenities and for the misstep made by our team. We try to be consistent and courteous in this area because we know how important a knowledgeable team is and we're sorry that we let you down. We have shared your review with our front desk and housekeeping staffs in the hopes of preventing a similar situation in the future. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can show you our commitment to great guest service!

Heather Fogle, General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed four days and nights in this wonderful hotel. We checked in Monday, July 14, 2014 and checked out Friday morning, July 18, 2014. The area is beautiful and quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed walking around the beautiful area of the hotel. The breakfast each day was very good. Ms Pam Calhoun, Guest Service Ambassador was Awesome. She made us feel welcomed and at home. She greeted all of the guests with a smile and cheerful greeting. She made sure that everyone was taken care of. Ms Pam. went over and beyond the call of duty. The morning we checked out, we ate breakfast before we traveled back home. Corn beef hash was on the menu that morning. My husband wanted his cooked a little crispy and Ms Pam cooked a plate of corn beef hash just like my husband wanted. She is an excellent example of how great customer service should be. We would definitely stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North again whenever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nancy F
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Wow! We are so happy you had a wonderful stay! Thank you so much for posting a review, we do our best to make sure each and every guest has a great stay at our hotel. We hope that you will visit again soon.

Heather

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this nice, quiet property. The staff went above and beyond. They served breakfast and lunch. The guest service ambassador was the best of all. She made sure every family was happy and taken care of. Would most definitely stay again if in the Tampa area.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 17, 2014

What an enjoyable stay! The staff went over and beyond the call of duty especially Mary, the day manager. What a "GREAT" Guest Service Ambassador you have. She is a Keeper for Hampton Inn & Suites. The breakfast and afternoon hostess, Luriz, Lesie, Cicle and Mernc went all out to accommodate our needs. They all deserve a metal for all the joking my husband and our friend did with them. The room was very clean and comfortable. Heather, has a wonderful staff working for her. There was never a day that the staff did not have a smile on their faces. We will be back

Room Tip: Hotel is located near Busch Gardens and other attractions.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your great review! Our staff works exceptionally hard to make all our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay with us. We hope that you will return soon.

Heather Fogle

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Breakfast excellent, shuttle to whereever we wanted to go with our specific time requested. Supper during week was good, not fancy, but after big day sightseeing, it was nice not to have to go out to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton