“Wonderful Facility”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel was a busy place, it was a very busy weekend in the area with a lot of families and several traveling sporting teams spending the night. The staff was very efficient and friendly. They seemed genuinely concerned with taking care of every guest and trying to make everyone happy. Great location and price, would definitely stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is really a quality location. The staff was extremely helpful and the room was first rate, very comfortable and met all of our expectations and needs for our stay. We have stayed at numerous Hamptons and find this one to be one of the nicest that we have experienced.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

In all honesty, if not for the uncomfortable bed, this review would be a "5" in all categories. The desk clerk Chris when we checked in was extremely nice and the woman taking care of the breakfast was a very caring person. There were plenty of towels and the kitchen in the suite had everything we needed and the living room was large enough for a midnight snack with friends.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I'm a Silver Honors Member and usually select Hilton properties when I travel for work. I am a frequent business traveler and have been building my Hilton Honors points for the past year. Because of my satisfaction level with Hilton properties, I traditionally consider Hilton Garden or Hampton Hotels in my budgeted range *before* I look at other hotels. However, my recent stay this hotel has me extremely disappointed and rethinking where I book.
My wife and I booked this hotel as vacation time to visit family. We showed up at the hotel early and checked in early (~2:30?). There was no mention that we were early and that our room wasn’t ready. We were booked into a room, which, when we arrived in the room, matched what we booked: 2 DBL BEDS 1BDRM SUITE W/ SOFABED NONSMOKING. We stayed in the room for a short while and left to visit family.
When we returned to the hotel, we found that our keycards didn’t work. I had encountered this before, so I went to the desk to see if I could have my cards reset. I went back up, tried the keys and discovered, to my surprise, belongings in the room that were not mine. I did not go into the room. I went back to the desk and verified that I had the correct room. I did have the correct room. You can imagine that I was fuming about then. The agents at the desk were not the agents at the desk when we checked in. To their credit they did work hard to remedy our situation. I asked where my belongings were and who moved them. They weren’t sure right away where the items were. They thought to check behind the counter and the items were there, behind the counter. My paperwork was also pulled and on the counter behind them. What puzzles me now as I write this is that if my luggage was pulled and my paperwork was pulled, why didn’t the 2 agents on duty know right away about my situation? Why wasn’t I booked into the nearest matching room? What if the hotel had booked up and NO room was available?
When I book a room at a hotel I expect that my control over that room is secure. I’m relying on *THAT* hotel to secure my belongings. I don’t *think* that I’m missing anything but I don’t know who went into the room first and saw my belongings and if they opened or tampered with my belongings. If management retrieved my belongings, shame on them. When my belongings were discovered in this room, why didn’t the desk do a thorough review to see if maybe (just maybe) they made a mistake in the booking? When they pulled my luggage and saw the luggage tag on it (they had pulled the paperwork) why did I then lose MY room?
I was told that my points would be refunded and that the stay would be comped. But I’m not satisfied. When I go on business trips I expect a little anxiety. I don’t expect them on vacations when I have my wife and young sons with me.
I sent an email last night but have heard nothing today. I figured a mistake like this would result in someone from Hilton contacting me. I guess that's what I get for assuming. I'll probably get a standard form letter response here from the General Manager but if they haven't thought to call me by now I don't want to hear from them. Someone higher up the chain owes me a call.

Room Tip: Stay in your room to make sure you're not checked out!
1  Thank LeeCIII
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip and appreciate the time you took to speak with me regarding the situation. As I mentioned, this was totally out of the norm and I do apologize for what you experienced.

Once again, thank you so much for speaking with me about the situation, I truly appreciate it!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Usually when I'm in Tampa, my business keeps me in the south side of the city. During this stay, I needed to be in the north side. My first choice hotel was already booked, so I booked with this Hampton Inn. It is nothing special, but it is hidden from main congested areas and very quiet. I got a very good nights rest. I even found the pillows to be comfortable, and I'm a pillow snob. They even provided free dinner, unfortunately I did not partake so I cannot tell you how it was. The only complaint I have is about the lack of a business center. Basically, their business center comprises a computer and a printer on a desk in the lobby. If you need a quiet place to put your head down, I recommend this hotel.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

New, clean, quiet, and professional personnel - I have stayed at Hampton Inns before, and this was one of the nicest I have stayed in. THe rooms was clean, the Internet was fast, the HD TV was awesome, and the service staff for the complementary breakfast were especially accomodating

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Thank you again for the top notch service, amenities and very quiet and restful sleep. I am a new HHonors member and I will continue to seek out Hampton Inn and Suites whenever possible for both business and pleasure.