I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, and really like the chain's concept towards their business customers. Unfortunately, this particular Hampton Inn is not up to standard of most of them. Fortunately, they seem to be making changes to get there.
This hotel is "U" shaped, with the center being the reception area, and the pool being between the two arms. The "arm" I am in is dated, and clearly in need of a renovation. The other "arm" is closed and is currently being renovated (June 2013). So it seems the owners have recognized the need for upgrading and are doing something about it.
The staff here as has been as friendly and helpful as can be. The rooms are showing their age, but (as noted) the hotel is being renovated. I was here for four days/three nights, and overall am satisfied. I had one issue with the housekeeping, but the staff was more than apologetic and helpful when I brought it to their attention. Once the place has been updated, I am sure it will be up to the standards of most Hampton Inns.
I have to return to this area in 8 months. I will be calling to see if the renovation is done in the one side (or maybe both sides). If so, I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in touch with nature and get to know the rich cultural heritage of Tampa, the heart and pulse of the Tampa Bay area including St. Petersburg and Clearwater. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-North offers a free local shuttle service to area attractions and corporate businesses in and around the area. Our award-winning hotel provides excellent service and accommodations; we are located just off I-75 in a quiet, natural preserve business district called Hidden River Corporate Park.Step out your door and prepare for adventure, because our hotel in Tampa is only about a mile from the Wilderness Park reserve, and less than five minutes from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Find more family activities in the nearby Channelside District, an entertainment-dining multiplex just east of downtown that is home to the Florida Aquarium, a glass-domed marine wonderland. Our hotel in Tampa also makes it easy to delve into history at Tampa Bay History Center; get a taste of the local Cuban culture in Ybor City; and enjoy the nightlife in the SoHo district. Stop by the front desk, and our Tampa hotel team will offer insightful tips on the area's attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tampa - North
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn