Having seen good reviews for this property, we booked it for a night stay, being quite close to Busch Gardens, we thought this was ideal. We were travelling up from Interstate 275 with the Hotel being a good 5 odd miles from the exit. There are some undesirable areas that we drove through to get to the hotel and I was beginnng to think we had misunderstood the directions. We did find the hotel, (it is closer to I75) so would be better for travellers to come in from there. We booked in January on the prepayment rate and therefore couldnt be changed or cancelled. Prior to our trip, I noticed that on our reservation it indicated that the pool would be closed during our stay. I was very disappointed at this given as we had already paid for the stay and it couldnt be cancelled. Surely they would have known the pool was due to be refurbished when we booked it, had we known that we would have booked somewhere else. The young man on reception, who looked like he had just finished school, couldnt really have cared less when I commented on it when checking in and didnt offer an apology. The main lobby was nice with a vaulted ceiling. Our room was a 1 bedroom suite. There was a strange smell in the room when we entered and none of the windows would open to let in some fresh air. The room was very dark, even when we opened the voile curtains in both the living room & the bedroom. The dark furniture & carpets didnt help to lighten it up.
The breakfast was nice enough, standard, fruit, cereals, waffles, oatmeal etc.
On our second night, we were awoken by the fire alarm and with no communication from the front desk we left our room and went downstairs to find all the other guests out in the carpark. The manager on duty didnt really seem to know what was going on and was rather confused and kept running in and out of the front door. He did indicate there was no fire and it was to do with the alarm going off in one of the lifts. 2 fire engines turned up and after about 45 minutes or so we were allowed back into our rooms. Not the hotels fault, I know, but when your travelling with children, I would liked to have been able to contact the front desk to know what was going on.
I dont think I would book this Hampton again unless it was updated. It did have a guest laundry which is useful but why do they always put it at the end of the furthest away room possible? It was a miles walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in touch with nature and get to know the rich cultural heritage of Tampa, the heart and pulse of the Tampa Bay area including St. Petersburg and Clearwater. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-North offers a free local shuttle service to area attractions and corporate businesses in and around the area. Our award-winning hotel provides excellent service and accommodations; we are located just off I-75 in a quiet, natural preserve business district called Hidden River Corporate Park.Step out your door and prepare for adventure, because our hotel in Tampa is only about a mile from the Wilderness Park reserve, and less than five minutes from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Find more family activities in the nearby Channelside District, an entertainment-dining multiplex just east of downtown that is home to the Florida Aquarium, a glass-domed marine wonderland. Our hotel in Tampa also makes it easy to delve into history at Tampa Bay History Center; get a taste of the local Cuban culture in Ybor City; and enjoy the nightlife in the SoHo district. Stop by the front desk, and our Tampa hotel team will offer insightful tips on the area's attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tampa - North
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn