“Great stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very nice price, and not far from Tampa. The service was phenomenal and the complementary breakfast was different everyday! The housing cleaning service was very flexible and would come back and clean the rooms at another time if needed. All in all this was one of the better hotels for its price!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nikole made me feel very welcome with free dinner, breakfast and a warm personality. She is a professional, hospitable individual. My bed was comfortable and I really appreciated the amenities. My stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cornelius P
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great stay, very clean! Extremely accommodating staff, especially Nicole! So many more services than you usually get at a hotel. Loved the outdoor pool and gym facility. Breakfast is 6-10, so all us late risers can actually eat, warm too!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steph C
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I rate this Hampton Inn as average, as I have stayed in much better Hampton Inns elsewhere. Our room was definitely nothing to rave about. The bathroom seemed rather old, the grout was molding and obviously someone had done some messy sealing around the tub/shower, and we did find a few "hairs" around the sink (which is just disgusting). The bed did not have your typical white fluffy new-looking comfortor on it - instead it was rather flat and didn't seem quite as clean as I would expect. The pillows were downright mushy - but if you like mushy feather pillows, then you're in luck. Oh, and the cleaning staff was nice enough to leave a half-eaten banana in the fridge.

The breakfast at a Hampton Inn is usually one of the reasons I pick this hotel chain, but this particular one was so busy with tourists that every single table was full, people were grabbing food with their bare hands, and there seemed to be one poor lady trying to keep all of the items full. It was a mess, so my only choice was to grab what I could and get out of there. No fresh fruit anywhere, which was very disappointing. You have your typical waffles, cheerios and raisin bran, fake eggs, bread products that were touched with bare hands, and juices. What happend to fresh fruit and granola bars? They've changed out for the cheap stuff and it shows.

Overall, this hotel is purely average - and the price we paid was way too much for just an average hotel. There are so many others in the area, many of them getting good ratings as well, so I would try one of those and pay a cheaper rate. If I were to visit this area again, I am disappointed to say that I would absolutely not return to this hotel. Hampton Inn needs to keep these hotels updated and clean and return to the "feel" of their above-average rooms they used to have 5-10 years ago.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We're dedicated to friendly service and clean, comfortable surroundings, for each guest, each time they visit us. I'm terribly sorry that we did not do a better job of offering you this during your most recent stay. I can assure you the cleanliness issues and service inconsistencies have been addressed and we're keeping your feedback in mind for future training opportunities. We appreciate your dedication and loyalty to our brand and hope that we'll have another opportunity to serve you with the Hamptonality you expect and deserve.

Kind regards,
Heather

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Check-in was fast and hassle-free. This was important, as I was not entirely sober, having spent the day with wenches, lords, and other inibreates (is that really a word?) at the Renaissance Festival in Tampa. We asked for (and got) a room away from the elevator, and it was quiet. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were so comfortable we took them apart to find the make and model the next morning. I was especially pleased with the heat/cool controls. Very effecient & quiet. There is the garbage bin noise at 9:00 AM (as mentioned by another reviewer), but we did not experience hallway noise. The "hot" breakfast is pretty standard fare, with bland eggs and tasty sausage. The rest is as usual. The staff was friendly, but not especially accomodating. They seemed to have a job, and do it, but not really liking it. A shame, as that is the difference between 4 & 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the elevator as you can
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was worth driving a little further north to stay at this Hampton. The property is nice, the hotel is updated and taken care of nicely. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Super clean rooms. Spacious and comfortable. The included breakfast offers a nice selection as well. The staff were very friendly. A great place to overnight or to spend several days if staying in the Tampa area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family