“Excellent experience!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I usually try to stay in a Hampton when traveling but I have to say this was the best experience yet! Nikole went out of her way to help us enjoy our stay. The entire staff (from the front desk to the cleaning staff) was courteous and helpful. I plan to be in the area this time next year and I will definitely be staying at this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The astonshing service provided by Nicole and the entire staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing. I was here for over three weeks, They did nothing but provide top notch, curtious service and response to anything that i could have needed. Any time I am in the Tampa area i will definitley be staying at this location!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our stay was two nights, Thursday Jan 10th thru Saturday January 12th as the first two nights of a 6 night golf trip.

We arrived late Thursday after a 7 hour drive ready to just hit the room and relax. The reception and check in were quick and polite, and we had our keys in a matter of moments. Glancing around the expansive lobby, we could see where the breakfast set up would be, the small pool through the far doors, the large screen tvs etc.

We drove around to the side where our room would be, it would have been just as easy to bring our luggage etc through the lobby to the elevator but we didn't find this out until after.

The room was on the third floor, facing the parking lot. Room was a standard Hampton king, nice bathroom, large screen tv, sitting area with couch, microwave and small regridgerator. The room was clean which one should expect, and there was a handwritten note from the housekeeping crew for us. That was a nice touch.

The vanity light in the bathroom did not work, but it was fixed within a few hours after reporting it the next morning.

The location is not far off of I75 and was very convenient to the locations we needed. (Tampa Palms Golf and CC, Hunters Green Golf and CC, Busch Gardens etc).

The Lettuce Lake State Park is one block down and is worth the two dollars to take the stroll through the extensive swamp boardwalk, among other things.

The staff here were above par and never failed with a good morning or a smile.

The pool is not heated, but even as cold as the water was, it was a nice break on the two days we were there as the temps hit 84.

The breakfast spread was standard, yogurt, toast and bagels, fruit, juices, coffee, eggs etc. Fill up on these and save on lunch!

If returning to this area we would consider staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1/18/18-1/20/13. Very clean suite, friendly staff, breakfast was okay (just wished they would have offered bacon or sausage like similar hotels I have stayed at). We stayed in the one bedroom suite w/kitchen. The only negative is the price for the room (with AARP discount) was very high and believe me I scoured the web for the cheapest rate. If we had been staying for a week, I would have rented a vacation home as they are much cheaper.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have never been let down by this chain. This was a great Hotel near Busch Gardens. My Wife and I stayed here while going to Busch Garden and the Winter Fest Dec 2012. The breakfast as always was great, the room was very clean and most important of all ,the bed was very comfortable. If you are going to Busch Gardens this is a great place to stay. It is also close to Bruce B Downs blvd which has just about every chain restaurant including Cracker Barrel. Will definitely return next time in Tampa area.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We chose this hotel to do some sightseeing in Tampa, but then my husband got the flu and we stayed in the hotel almost nonstop for 2 1/2 days. We really got to know the room, the hotel and the staff. The receptionists were wonderful- very friendly, personable and helpful. They helped me a lot to take care of my husband. Breakfast was very good with a lot of choices. All the staff were very friendly- made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I don't think I have ever felt more at home at a hotel. The suite was clean as were the common areas. The managers reception was a welcomed surprise and the breakfast bar was good, the coffee alway fresh. I even showed up late and the kind gentleman cleaning up went and got me milk for my daughter.

The complimentary shuttle service was THE BEST. The driver showed up right away to pick us up from Busch Gardens.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family