“Hampton Inn Tampa North”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #4 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for our group's stay. We usually stay @ The Embassy Suites, but wanted to cut our hotel costs. From the first contact with Towanda, who set me up with 7 rooms, to Nikole who let us know that she would be making lasagna the next evening for her reception! Our group finished work @ 7pm, arrived at the hotel and found that Nikole had saved a big dish of lasagna for our group, with salad and bread and hot homemade peanut butter cookies. I would definitely book this hotel again. Our room is a suite with a full kitchen...it's super!

Room Tip: The suites with full kitchen are amazing

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night and the manager/customer service here was amazing. The person to be called out is Nicole. She was great, hospitable, and great at what she does. The hotel hosted a "meet the manager night" with food, drinks, etc. Me and my wife enjoyed the service provided by Nicole. We actually stayed at a Hampton Inn in Orlando and initially had a 5 day stay. We checked out after the first night because of the terrible room and customer service. Right after orlando, we came to Tampa worried that our experience would be similar. However, it was pleasantly exactly the opposite. Location is only 10 minutes from Busche Gardens (less than 5 miles) and they have a free shuttle. There is also a lot of food options in the area. Finally, there is good free coffee and breakfast. Total worth the stay and if you stayed at another Hampton and had a bad experience, staying that this hotel will completely change your mind about Hampton Inn. It really is about the people that are running/managing the hotel that makes the world of a difference. Needless to say, clean rooms, comfy bed, etc etc that you would expect from any hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is under renovation but I can't see how they will fix the small rooms and general functional issues. The hotel smells bad and is dated in every way. The hotel was filthy in both public and private areas and the bedding was awful as well. I travel frequently for business and pleasure and this is the worst hampton inn i've ever see....Would never stay here again. There are many newer and better options for less money within 5 min drive.

1  Thank SaintAugTraveler
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We are sorry to hear that you were less than impressed with our property and amenities and for the misstep made by our housekeeping staff. We try to be consistent and courteous in this area because we know how important a clean and comfortable space is for our guests. We have shared your review with our housekeeping staff in the hopes of preventing a similar situation in the future. We are in the process of an amazing lobby enhancement. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can show you our renovations.

Heather Fogle, General Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member staying at Hampton Inns almost every week. When in Tampa, I used to stay at other Hilton Hotels closer to downtown until 5 or 6 months ago when I happened on the Tampa North facility. I came in during the Manager’s Hospitality event, Nikole greeted me upon check-in and invited me to have snacks and drinks. Nikole conversed with every guest and served them like they were at a fine restaurant. Because of Nikole and the great hospitality I stay at the Hampton North exclusively 2 or 3 times monthly. People like Nikole and the staff at Hampton North make a huge difference to business travelers and vacationers alike.
Thanks Nikole and Tampa North – by far my favorite hotel!
Keep up the great work, Rick P

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here for a whole week for a training course for BICSI. Excellent location easy to get to BICSI training site as well as some restaurants. Hotel has a good customer service very personable and friendly, they also offered customers a manager's reception where food and beverage was served FREE of cost which made it very convenient if your traveling under budget. I attended one of the manager's reception ran by Towanda Moody, who ran an excellent and very relaxing reception. Stayed in room 329 which was convenient, it was very quiet, comfortable and was always kept clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chrisb05
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here on September 25th 2012 for one night as we were attending a concert at the USF Sun Dome that evening. The hotel’s location is excellent for I-75 access and for getting to the Sun Dome. The hotel was remodeling the lobby area while we were there so things weren’t exactly normal. The construction workers actually curtailed their work during breakfast as not to disturb the guests, what an excellent, well-mannered crew. The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. Our room (227) was well warn but very functional, everything worked but you didn’t want to walk barefooted across the carpet. The facility offered a manager’s reception at night with some food and beverages on the house. We had planned our food before arrival so we did not partake in the reception. Breakfast had the usual continental fare with scrambled eggs prepared in a Mexican style. If you went away from the breakfast hungry it was your own fault not the hotels. The fresh coffee was very good. I’m pretty sure that this hotel will be completely refurbished and refreshed before the year is over if not sooner. Next time we need lodging for a Sun Dome event; this property will be on our list. The good news is there are several hotels in this neighborhood so we will also be price shopping as always.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton inn for a week while working in Tampa and while I've been here before my experience (even with some remodeling construction going on) was wonderful -- the best of all my stays here over the past several years. Even with construction on the entry, in the lobby and in the "host" area it was clean and the construction crews were curtious and helpful (opening doors and making way as guests would come and go.

The breakfasts and evening hospitality (dinner really) were very nice - not over-the-top but offered healthy options and was quite tasty. And Nicole in the evening is so welcoming, bublly and fun! She made me feel like I was "home".

My room -- clean, spacious and most of all QUIET -- even with the construction. And the fitness room and equipment, while a small area were very nice and adequate. It was CLEAN too!

Room Tip: I had a suite and loved the extra space for the week of stay. Having a refridgerator and microwave...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business