1,527 results
All reviews pam calhoun busch gardens guest service ambassador complimentary dinner lettuce lake park moffitt cancer center every morning quiet area evening reception great place to stay full kitchen king suite hot breakfast breakfast staff clean hotel fitness room the breakfast area
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I spent a week at this hotel. It was nothing fancy and its looks could use a little updating in some areas. The staff was the best I have ever experienced. Each day started with a nice hot breakfast bar cleaner than I've ever seen. The staff was always smiling, greeted me with a happy "good morning", and wished me a good day when I left, every day. Being on a business trip by myself it was very nice to come "home" to happy, welcoming people. Nikole was great as she interacted with all the guests in the evening like we were all good friends. Also, three days that week I received a note in my room from the housekeeper stating that she was glad I was there and hoped that I was enjoying my stay. I do not generally travel alone and this group of people helped to keep my home sickness at bay. Next time I am in Tampa this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank flags632
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was on a business trip for work. I ended up at this hotel as a last minute thing. It turned out to be excellent. The staff catered to my every need. I want to thank Jen,Nikole,Pam and Mary for their wonderful service. The room was nice and clean!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am an HHonors members for years. I for myself had stayed many times in Hampton, but this is the WORST ever! My family we stayed here for a quick trip to Busch Gardens. When we arrived, I noticed there were a lot of parking space & it was late in the afternoon. The lobby floor looks very dirty the whole ambiance is NASTY! I felt dirty already, but we were exchausted from a long drive plus hungry. We had the suites I have 2 boys and 1 girl. Our room was in the 4th floor. BEWARE THIS FLOOR IS THE SMOKING ZONE. The housedmaid was pretending she just finished cleaning when we got to our room. But really she was just pretending, the truth is she was spraying the room & the hallway to eliminate the smoking smell. My son is Asthmatic & i myself had migraine. Immediately i requested to move to a different room...& the manager did accomodate me to another rooom & offer for a 50% refund. But i was so disgusted.!!! The following day the maid was with me in the elevator with the spray to eliminate the smoking smell...what a coincidence. OMG! The staff in the breakfast area emptying the trash can while you are eating. Not appetizing at all. The overall experience was horrible and NASTY. The entire hotel needed a major updating especially the furniture.

Room Tip: Do Not stay in the 4th floor. Warning it is the smoking zone. When you make the reservations they will not tell you that & they will trick by spraying the room. After the spray will evaporate the room will smells like stale cigarettes.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank loverne s
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are actively looking for a permanent way to correct the smoke smell and we again apologize for the inconveniences. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Best Regards,
Heather

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent the first 2 nights of our vacation here. The location is convenient to everything around Tampa. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and attractive. We did not spend much time at the hotel as there is so much to do in the surrounding area. If I were to return to this part of FL I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to dropping her off to college at USF. First of all, the room was almost perfect (AC was a bit noisy but didn't prevent us from sleeping soundly). We took a nice dip in the pool after the long car ride, which felt amazing. To top things off, there was a Manager's reception that exceeded all expectations. Cheese and crackers, chips and dip, spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli - to name a few things. There was also some decent beer and wine to wash it down with. The Assistant Manager (Regina?) was all over the place welcoming people and bringing seconds. The folks at the desk were as friendly as could be. All in all, I can't remember enjoying a hotel stay this much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family