“Not the Nicest of Hampton Inns”

Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport
Ranked #44 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had the chance to stay here last night...

Check in was a breeze, Greg was very helpful with getting me all the directions I needed and had a room on 5th floor..

Room was a average...beds are always comfortable, however the door to room was a type of door you would see at a Motel 6..it also seemed on my floor that every other door had a different color then the room door next to it.

Again a little peculiar but hey didn't affect me.

The AC unit didn't work that well had set to 65 and on high fan setting and it still felt warm in room and fan never really worked on high setting.

Took shower and there was barely any water pressure, called front desk and was told there had been a problem a day before and must not of been back to normal..and there was no mention at check-in of there being any water pressure problems...

She told me I wasn't the only one to call regarding the water..

Went down to breakfast and with all the staff that passed me not one said good morning to me or anyone else in the breakfast area..

Oh yeah very tight parking and when I got back from dinner I had to park my car at another hotels parking lot as there wasn't any space at my hotel..

The rate for one night was also pretty high then what I normally pay at Hampton properties..$159 per night plus tax..

Not sure I will return again...

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank caneshockey31
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

We appreciate your feed back, we have already started renovations and the finished product will be absolutely beautiful with a full renovation to include public areas, guest rooms and exterior. I hope you will be back to see the new and approved Hampton Inn Rocky Point.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Typical Hampton inn experience which is a comfortable, good value night. That is except the shower. No pressure no volume. Maybe it was related to a broken pipe they had day before. Breakfast was so so. Rubber eggs and no meat. Location very nice. Walk to a few places to eat.

• Stayed: March 2014

We are aware during your stay we had a pipe burst and were having water pressure problems, the problem has been resolved and hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I travel all over and have been to a lot of hotels in FL. This Hampton is a pit. It is very outdated (1970's furnishings) and way overpriced. I will say the staff is very good but that does not make up for this low, low value hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank vcapa
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your feed back and wanted to inform you that we are currently undergoing a full renovation of the hotel, the renovation include guest rooms, public areas and exterior. We are very excited about the changes and hope that you will come back to see the finished product and give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed overnight while visiting my parents who are snowbirds. Just me and my 3 kids. Beds are SUPER comfortable- great mattress, perfect pillows and the bedspread is light (perfect for Florida). Bathroom was clean and the room was quiet. It was a great choice for our one night stay. Soda is a very reasonable $1. The free breakfast was about what you'd expect- good options and plenty available. Only complaint was (as most mid-priced hotels) bathrooms could use a deep cleaning once in a while (a little dusty around the mirror, grout a bit discolored) also shower knob was difficult to work. Great location close to large mall and Tampa attractions. Pool was a bit small but didn't get a chance to go in anyway due to family commitments.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Very pleased you were comfortable during your stay with us.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I usually stay at a different Hampton Inn when I visit Tampa but I decided to try the one at Rocky Point because of the price and the location. I'm glad I did. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and the location was terrific. The only complaint I would have was that the shower controls were tricky to operate but once you figured it out it was ok. The free breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn fare, nothing special. But the staff there kept everything fresh and hot. The next timei am in Tampa i will surely stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice quiet location adjacent to great restaurant. Shuttle service and location to airport very enjoyable compared to East Side of airport. Somewhat limited to Restaurants if, transportation is not available.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Si happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights on business. Chose the hotel because I needed to be on Rocky Point and I am a loyal Hilton Honors member. The hotel was okay. Very clean but in need of a major rooms refresh (dark carpets, peeling wallpaper, non-matching furniture, old decor). Showers were old and nobs were difficult to work. All in all an average Hampton and would return after a rooms renovation was completed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristina189

I am happy to announce that we are currently under renovation and have started in the public areas and will be moving into the rooms. This is a full renovations so we will be a brand new hotel once complete. Thank you for your feed back.