“A Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Venice, Florida
“A Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Whether you're off to the airport or just visiting the Tampa area, the Hampton Inn is a place you should consider staying. The accommodations are everything you could ask for, and the location is central to visiting many sites in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nancy V, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future when you are traveling in the Tampa Bay area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
lighthouse point, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

very poorly managed hotel. Very roudy crowd and when asked management for assistance you might as well not asked. Portions of comp breakfast ran out at 0800 and were not replaced. Ran out of regular coffee and the option was to drink Robust or nothing. Asked three times for fresh coffee and had no response

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am very sorry that you had that experience at breakfast. Our Breakfast Attendants are usually very adept at keeping the breakfast area stocked. I have spoken with them and made clear how important it is to keep all items stocked and the area clean. I was unaware of any request you made to speak to management, as I always make myself available when guests ask to speak to me. I do hope you return in the future so you can see that your experience is not reflective of how this hotel operates.
Cayman Brac
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Without Greg at the desk I know I would have missed out on a very talented man. He made us feel very welcome and when we had a request he made sure things happened. The hotel was clean and the beds of course are very comfortable and the rooms quiet. Hampton Inns are the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

KISSIMMEE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff did a great job making me feel welcome. It is conviniently located for what I need it. I will use it again if I have to go back to the Tampa area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Williamston, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this property the night before a morning flight. I got in late and was very tired. The next morning I went to take a shower and could not get more than a trickle out of the shower faucet. I know how to work a faucet and how to make all of the adjustments on the shower head and nothing would work. It was the worst way to wake up and start your day. I informed the front desk about it upon checkout and was told "oh in room 503 you have to adjust the shower head just the right way as someone else complained about that the other day..." I told her I did to no avail and that they should not even allow this room to be rented until this issue is corrected.....

Room Tip: Any room has to be better than 503
Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Scott2395
I am very sorry that the room did not exceed your expectations. Our maintenance department has checked the shower controls and made appropriate repairs. When our renovation begins, replacing all shower hardware will be just one of the many great upgrades that will be added.
Hartland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very nice, very clean hotel. Excellent service. Great location not far from Tampa airport and near some very nice restaurants - some within walking distance. Quiet hotel that is well managed. I chose this hotel because I have had good experiences on the weekend at Hampton hotels and I was flying out on an early flight the next morning. I had a rental car but walked across a couple of parking lots to go to a nearby restaurant. The hotel was well lit on the outside at night and was a bargain for the weekend rate when compared with the rates of other hotels close by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

port charlotte, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We wanted to stay near the airport because we were flying out early. We were greeted very courteously, had a great stay and a very good breakfast and then a shuttle took us to the airport. Extremely convenient and very friendly. We also arrived back to late for the shuttle, so they paid for our taxi back. How nice was that!!! Highly recommend this place. Also it was close to a very good restaurant for dinner. Walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family