“More than adequate for price and location”

Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport
Ranked #50 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Brookeville, Maryland, United States
“More than adequate for price and location”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

For those less picky about slightly dated decor, this place is perfectly placed for Tampa as well as Clearwater and St. Pete beaches.
Unfortunately, I was there for the arrival of Tropical Storm Andrea so water attractions were not part of the experience. It rained, or was overcast the entire 6 days of my visit.
That did not deter me from enjoying other interests.
The maids were accomadating and discreet about when to clean and the reception staff was delightful. The breakfast varied slightly from day to day, but always offered some type of healthy choice.
Overall, a very good value

Room Tip: I was on 2nd floor at end of the hall-very peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nancy V, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future when you are traveling in the Tampa Bay area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The only problem I had at this hotel was the house keepers. They were speaking in Spanish not know that my daughter is fluent in the language. She heard them saying they were tired of cleaning our room and couldn't wait until we left on Monday because we had been there since that following Wednesday. Then I felt that the house keepers were trying to rush me out of my room. Although, I do not speak Spanish but they should watch what they are saying because they never know who does speak Spanish. Very Rude. All other staff was great!!! I would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Mwanaisha M
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. I apologize that you encountered the issues with your stay and hope that you consider us in the future.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff here is great and very helpful. Our room was on the first floor and very nice. Everything was very clean. I had a sore throat one morning and they had the driver take me to the nearest store for some cough drops. They also offered me lemon tea and honey. They were very kind. I will definitely stay here again and the price was right too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Room smelled; very dated ; shower/bath completely not working ; breakfast not stocked and service poor. Unusual for a Hampton. Asked for blankets and pillows for small children on sleeper sofa due to none in closet. They could give me one clean blanket and one clean pillow to share. They said if I come back, things would be better, Right!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the poor experience you encountered. As I have mentioned in other responses, this hotel is under new ownership and management. A full renovation is planned to begin in the next couple months, and when it is completed, this will be like a brand new hotel. We have a great staff here, and we hope you will come back and give us the chance to show you the experience you should have had last time.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotel was clean,beds comfortable but the room did have a slight smell. Hotel staff was friendly and breakfast consisted of powdered eggs and sausage or ham. There was no frig or micro in our room which I understood that there would be. Maid service was very good each day. Very close to Tampa airport which was nice. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

hotel was clean but room doors was hard to open and close. The pool was extremely small and uncomfortable. A little privacy from the parking lot would help the atmosphere. The pool was clean but it not a comfortable setting. The fitness room was small didn't have a variety of equipment. but overall my stay went smoothly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dennis F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry our pool did not exceed your expectations. We hope you will still consider staying with us again in the future.
siloam springs, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2013

i took my son on a cruise for his college graduation present and needed a hotel the night before and after the cruise, this hampton was very nice, staff was very friendly and the shuttle service was on time and friendly drivers, breakfast was good the beds were comfortable I will be back to this Hampton for any future trips I have in Tampa

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family