“Don't go!”

Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport
Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Room smelled; very dated ; shower/bath completely not working ; breakfast not stocked and service poor. Unusual for a Hampton. Asked for blankets and pillows for small children on sleeper sofa due to none in closet. They could give me one clean blanket and one clean pillow to share. They said if I come back, things would be better, Right!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the poor experience you encountered. As I have mentioned in other responses, this hotel is under new ownership and management. A full renovation is planned to begin in the next couple months, and when it is completed, this will be like a brand new hotel. We have a great staff here, and we hope you will come back and give us the chance to show you the experience you should have had last time.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotel was clean,beds comfortable but the room did have a slight smell. Hotel staff was friendly and breakfast consisted of powdered eggs and sausage or ham. There was no frig or micro in our room which I understood that there would be. Maid service was very good each day. Very close to Tampa airport which was nice. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy V, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future when you are traveling in the Tampa Bay area.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

hotel was clean but room doors was hard to open and close. The pool was extremely small and uncomfortable. A little privacy from the parking lot would help the atmosphere. The pool was clean but it not a comfortable setting. The fitness room was small didn't have a variety of equipment. but overall my stay went smoothly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dennis F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry our pool did not exceed your expectations. We hope you will still consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

i took my son on a cruise for his college graduation present and needed a hotel the night before and after the cruise, this hampton was very nice, staff was very friendly and the shuttle service was on time and friendly drivers, breakfast was good the beds were comfortable I will be back to this Hampton for any future trips I have in Tampa

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I see the other reviews by people and my opinion is that you get exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn at this hotel. It is clean and a pretty solid place to stay. The one thing that did stand out in my opinion was the service of the front desk staff. Each person I interacted with was very friendly and helpful. Someone mentioned something about the shuttle to the airport, I had a rental car, so I didn't use that service, but they did say that it has the limited hours mentioned and that it runs on the hour from the hotel to the airport. There are a few close restaurants that are near the hotel, but no restaurant onsite. It is very close to the airport, yet I didn't hear any air traffic during my stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room that overlooks the water.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The worst part of our short stay was when we had to leave. I had an amazing nights rest as the mattress was super comfortable. The staff was pleasant and very accomodating. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2013

On their website, they state there is complimentary airport shuttle service. Nowhere does it mention that the shuttle is offered only from 8am to 10pm. Really??!! This is an airport hotel! If they have such limited hours, then it should be stated on their website. I would have chose another place to stay if I had known.

My flight arrived at 11:30pm, collected my bags and called the hotel for shuttle. Was told their shuttle hours were from 8am and ended at 10:00pm. I was not happy. Had to get a cab which has a fixed rate of $15 (plus tip). That's not a bad price, but when expecting an airport hotel to have shuttle service, it was totally annoying.

Once at the hotel, the room was a typical Hampton hotel room which is exactly what I expected and wanted. Breakfast again, was as expected.

This review would have been rated a 4 or 5 if the "complimentary airport shuttle" had hours that commuters would actually need, but I hope that this property will change their website to reveal their very limited shuttle hours.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

It is true that our shuttle only runs from 5am until 10pm, however, if a guest needs a ride to or from the airport outside of those hours, we happilly pay for the taxi ride for you. Since your stay with us, the hotel was purchased and new ownership/management is in place. We want to make your next stay with us perfect!