“Change in room rate. Buyer Beware.”

Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
“Change in room rate. Buyer Beware.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I reserved a room for $93 per night and at checkout was charged $99. This is bait and switch and should be avoided. Plenty of comparable options in the area. The area the hotel is in is on a dead end street next to I-75. The parking lot at night did not feel secure and was not well lighted. The rooms were updated and had some character. Bathroom was tiny and average. Still had the feel of a room in the 1970's. The front desk was not manned when I arrived and I waited 5 minutes for someone to notice. They did not acknowledge I had made reservations as a Hilton Honors member. Every time I went to the desk it was unmanned and I had the impression they did not care. I could hear personal conversations about parties and shopping coming from the back and personal sounding phone calls. I stayed two nights and when I returned to the room the first night I noticed they had not restocked the regular coffee. The young lady who assisted me was cordial and gave me about 8 packets. I did not notice housekeeping had not replaced the coffee cups and I was forced to use the half cups in the room. The pillows were not comfortable and I got very little sleep. I was working at a camp for kids so losing sleep was very stressful. I have stayed at other Hampton Inns in the past couple of years and they were all more fresh in design and character. The Hampton Inn was a bit tired and so was the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was one of the nicest Hampton's I've stayed in. Quiet, clean, and I felt safe. The only complaint is that better restaurants are a hop up the interstate (less than 5 miles). Not an issue for me to be able to find a nice Hampton at such a great deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel would appear to be brand new, it is so clean. The rates are very reasonable as well. It's a short drive to Hard Rock and unless you win a bunch of $$ you're not going to want to stay at Hard Rock. It's easy to get to and everyone is very pleasant. The buffett, like all Hamptons, are good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had friends staying at a Holiday Inn in Tampa, but we chose not to, as we had a horrible experience in Santee, SC in one. So we chose here to stay. Really nice hotel, even though the elevator caught fire during the night and we had to go stand outside for over 2 hours (seems the fire department has gotten a lot of cuts and they took over 45 minutes to get on the scene). We stayed on the 2nd floor and so using the steps were fine (elevator still down the next morning). They had a good breakfast and the staff was great. We could have left our car there and took a cab to the docks, but it was cheaper to park at the docks , than it was to hire a cab. Cab companies were rude when you called to ask how much it would be to get a ride to the pier. Several didn't know the fee amount.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Clinton, Tennessee, Usa
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We got this hotel for a couple of nights before leaving on a cruise from Tampa. With AAA, the rate was great at $80 per night. The room was very clean and everything worked as it should. The hot breakfast was great with eggs and meat each day along with fruit, cereal, breads, waffles, and juices. The location is great also with lots of places to eat and a walgreens just down the street. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a business meeting in Tampa and stayed at this Hampton Inn on Horace Ave. The first compliment I wish to give to this hotel is they do not allow pets! KUDOS! (It isn't that I don't like dogs and cats, I do, but, I have allergies). Moving on....The room was clean and fresh, the service was friendly and helpful....the cookies were great, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked good. The next day, the breakfast was very good and clean! I ask the front desk if it was OK to have my meeting in the lobby that afternoon, they agreed and suggested a table in the corner, (private and next to an electrical plug for our computers). This hotel was an excellent choice and there is no doubt I will return! If you have business in Tampa, I highly recommend that you give this place a try, it is just off of I-75 far enough to hear NO highway noise and back in a wooded area that was very quiet, comfortable and beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room I stayed in (on the first floor) was very damp, humid and the air conditioning unit noisy. Not the best spot for Business travellers anymore. I am staying at one of the newer hotels accross the street. I don't feel safe at this hotel because it is out of the way, even though half a second from road 60.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#78 of 163 in Tampa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!