“Home away from home”

Ranked #60 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Home away from home”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a business meeting in Tampa and stayed at this Hampton Inn on Horace Ave. The first compliment I wish to give to this hotel is they do not allow pets! KUDOS! (It isn't that I don't like dogs and cats, I do, but, I have allergies). Moving on....The room was clean and fresh, the service was friendly and helpful....the cookies were great, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked good. The next day, the breakfast was very good and clean! I ask the front desk if it was OK to have my meeting in the lobby that afternoon, they agreed and suggested a table in the corner, (private and next to an electrical plug for our computers). This hotel was an excellent choice and there is no doubt I will return! If you have business in Tampa, I highly recommend that you give this place a try, it is just off of I-75 far enough to hear NO highway noise and back in a wooded area that was very quiet, comfortable and beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room I stayed in (on the first floor) was very damp, humid and the air conditioning unit noisy. Not the best spot for Business travellers anymore. I am staying at one of the newer hotels accross the street. I don't feel safe at this hotel because it is out of the way, even though half a second from road 60.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

When wife and I go to Naples FL, we always stay at the Brandon location on the way down. We really like the fact that the hotel is a little off the beaten path without listening to trucks going and coming all night long.

Apparently, many of the rooms have been renovated and we got one of those.

Beautifully done and pristine clean. Bed super comfortable.

Staff is always friendly and front desk clerk gave us name of a good restaurant, Jesse's to go to. We wrote a review for Jesse's as it was great.

Breakfast the next morning was typically Hampton but we're not big breakfast eaters so no big thing for us.

Will continue to stay here as we're big Hampton Inn fans.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon, FL, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As with any hotel that has partial smoking allowed, there are areas for which cigarette smoke is apparent. There was an employee at the front desk at checkout who did not look professional - lots of piercings and unprofessional haircut, as compared to most Hampton Inn employees. I would stay there again, but request the non-smoking floor. I did get a non-smoking room, but the walk from the elevator was unpleasant.

St. John's, Antigua
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went here for our daughter's graduation. I had booked 3 nights, then added a day longer and finally we went a day earlier so I had 3 separate reservations for 5 nights in total. This was explained to the receptionist when we checked in about 2:30am after travelling all day. We wanted a lie-in that first morning so I attached the 'do not disturb' sign. The following morning (7 hours later) from 9:30am we were disturbed every 30 minutes by housekeeping wanting to clean and prepare the room for the new arrivals. After asking why they were trying to clean the room, they explained no one had advised them we were staying 5 nights instead of the one they had been advised of. We were then left alone without interruption. That morning we went out about 11:30am and returned after 9pm. The room had not been cleaned at all. A very helpful and apologetic assistant helped us with new towels, took away the trash etc and said she would ask for an explanation. None was forthcoming. I didn't need to remind anyone. the room was sizable, a king with a desk. The carpet was so 'sticky' you could walk on it bare foot as there was an audible noise every time your foot came off the carpet. we advising the front desk, nothing was done. The bathroom door seemed to fitted the wrong way so if you wanted the bathroom door open and take a shower, you had the door blocking you from everything. We had breakfast once and it was hot, speedy and very well presented with a pleasant assistant.

The bed was soft and uncomfortable.

I was disappointed that no one took the time and trouble to explain why we were disturbed upon arrival after explaining everything plus having a carpet we had to buy flip flops to walk on it. Would I stay there again? It would not be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristy U, Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are so lucky to have served you for such a special occasion and am sorry about the misunderstanding. Your feedback will help us to improve our processes and ensure the appropriate staff members are informed when situations such as yours arise. It's certainly our goal to follow-up with guests as well and I apologize that we dropped the ball. Someone from our staff will be in contact with you shortly.
Casselberry, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good hotel value. Clean, located near restaurants and my business in the area. My room had an unusual odor, may have been due to renovation. Hotel staff was friendly and helped me with a few questions on where to go in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Overall, our 2 night stay in this hotel was pleasant. A/C worked great! Very interesting layout of our room. Bathroom was a bit outdated. No steam fan was a slight minus and small spots with rust. However, overall the entire was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were okay. Not as comfy as other Hampton Inns I have been too. For the location -- this is the best choice! Don't forget about the free breakfast! Great Deal! Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!