“Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
ontario
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Although this hotel is a little out of the way, we highly recommend it. We stayed here two nights while exploring Busch Gardens and taking in a Lightning game. Great value, comfortable rooms and clean. The afternoon happy hour was unbelievable. One evening we had Mexican food and the second we had bbq'd hamburgers and fries. Beer, wine and soft drink were included. The continental breakfast was great. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very pleased with this Hampton Inn. We stayed at this hotel on our way down to Key West.. Ebony at the front desk was so helpful & friendly that it felt like home. When we planned our return trip we decided to book there again because Ebony made the stay easy. It is easy to find if you look right behind Bob Evans & the LaQuinta. Just a short hop to shopping center & Olive Garden. For a stop- along hotel on a trip, it fit our budget & expectations perfectly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in July of 2012. I left my valuables zipped up in a gym bag I had and figured this would keep everything safe for the time being(naive I know). I came back from work and my Texas A&M class ring was gone. I had the ring put away in a sunglasses case, as well as in a zipped up bag. I reported it stolen to the police and notified the staff of the hotel, which was a waste of time bc they were no help at all and seemed annoyed with me for suggesting a maid stole it. Cameras only caught hotel employees entering my room the day I reported it stolen and turns out it wound up in a pawn shop that same day. Police confirmed it as mine and I am currently in the process of getting my ring back, which by the way has been a struggle due to the manager/owner not being of assistance at all. He would not answer or return the detectives calls and has been trying to sweep the issue under the rug. This is ridiculous and I cannot believe the neglegance of this owner. Oh, did I mention the maids who cleaned my room that day have prior theft records??!! Old habits die hard I guess. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Aggies2012
Kristy U, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our security team. We have been more than willing to work with the authorities in this matter, and we are happy that your ring was recovered. If I can assist you further, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help in any way possible. Thank you.
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed one night in this establishment while attending an area event and mostly enjoyed our brief stay. The Inn was quiet, well-appointed and convenient. The front desk staff was as nice as can be and check-in was smooth and uneventful. Our room was tastefully decorated, and we made note of the clever usage of space in the room with all its amenities. The ONLY downside to our stay was the free breakfast the next day - cold and "cheap" food; and all evidence of breakfast removed from the common areas well before the cut-off time. Overall though, a pleasant experience. Just go out for some breakfast!

Room Tip: Our room faced a trucking parking lot; recommend the hotel parking lot (at least there's trees!)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice, clean rooms, recently redecorated. Good central location, near shopping and restaurants. Free Wi-FI in all rooms and a great desk area for working. Mini-fridge in room was helpful as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Venice, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Easy access to Interstate, clean, staff friendly. Room was very comfortable, slept very well. Bathroom was clean, bed was very comfortable! Great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank uniongirlVenice
Annapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We did not enjoy our visit there. Had to wait almost 2 hours in lobby while they made up the room. We are Diamond members - one would think they would upgrade to a suite; uh, no. Worst experience was breakfast - not attentive to hotel occupancy - no food and no attempt to refill even at 8:30 a.m, 9:00 a.m., and 9:45 a.m. Several visits to check; uh, no. Heard a nasty argument with front desk clerk and guest. Never again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank naptownalison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
#76 of 162 in Tampa
4.0 of 5 stars 96 reviews
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!