“Great spot, close to USF and VA Hospital”

Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ranked #24 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a little gem -- the place is quiet, has an excellent warm breakfast selection (for free) and has likely the most friendliest staff I've run into for a while. You are literally across the street from the University of South Florida, and about 2 blocks away from the Haley (Tampa) Veterans Affairs Hospital. I think you're about a half mile away from Busch Gardens too. If I had a need to come back to the area, I think I'd pick this place in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gizbab
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed two nights for a business trip in Tampa. Rooms are clean but showing its age. Free breakfast selection not bad. Staffs are great, very friendly and handled me a giant chicolate chip cookie and a bottle water at check in:). Overall a great value for the price I paid.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family stayed at this Hyatt for graduation from USF. It seemed to be totally full for that weekend, however, we never felt crowded. The pool never had more than a few people in it, I worked out alone in the fitness room, breakfast was not busy at all and parking was easy. The rooms were nice - the setup was great with each side kind of sectioned off. We had everything we needed for our stay. As a note, someone complained about no microwave - we didn't have one in the room, but there is one that stays out in the breakfast area if you need one. The breakfast was really good and they have plenty of room to sit and eat. The pool area was nice and the ability to get almost anywhere in Tampa was great. The only two things I'd point out are the elevators could be slow - there are only two and the hotel was full. And the rooms smelled a little damp - both of them. I noticed dehumidifiers in the hallways, so it could have just been a humidity thing. The smell wasn't overwhelming, just noticeable and I did not notice any water damage or anything obvious. The staff was really great to work with - very pleasant. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know that any rooms were better than others because of how the hotel is situated. Maybe...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amy F
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Since I learn a lot from reading other people's reviews, I decided to leave my own. I ordered two rooms for two nights. The Good-The staff is great and quick to help you solve any problems and always smiled and said hello to you. So I applaud their efforts. I am allergic to feather pillows so they traded the pillows out for non-allergy ones. Thank you! Don't be afraid to order food from the hotel either, it was suprisingly good. The Bad-The rooms haven't been updated for what looks like 20 years. Sagging couches, stained furniture and rugs, there was no hot water in one of the rooms. And the rooms had a slight odor to them (like dog). The mattress was the worst ever with so many lumps in it I had a terrible backache by morning. And there is no microwave in the room. The elevator was one of the slowest moving thing I have ever had to wait for. There are only two baggage carts so you may have to wait for one upon check-out (or for check-in). And usually you will have do this one on your own. The fitness center was nice, we didn't get to use the pool as they had a large group(s) of children visiting at the time. At over $169 a night, I expected a little better room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LookingForHotel
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at a Hyatt Place and I am growing to love this chain. The customer service is fantastic - the staff gave me a tour when I first arrived and explained everything thoroughly. They greet you as you enter and exit the hotel. The rooms are well designed and spacious - I feel like I am getting so much for my money. This one is within view of Busch Gardens and USF, so a great location if either of those places are your destination. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. I love the shower, good pressure and spacious. The breakfast is vast, with many selections, hot and cold. The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 was that it was difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. I couldn't get it just right - it was either too humid or too cold. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank taraship
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took our kids to the Hyatt Place and it was a great price to be close to Busch Gardens. I had read reviews about how courteous the staff was and it was absolutely true! Hugo helped us on many occasions and he had only started a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was so helpful and polite and truly went out of their way to help us. The rooms were good in size and had a nice sitting area for our family. The only thing I didn't love is that the parking lot lights were very bright so in the middle of the night, I wasn't sure if it was morning or not. If we head back to Tampa, we would stay here. The free breakfast was also great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Busch Gardens, this hotel is less than 5 minutes away and they offer some great amenities such as breakfast buffet, 24 hour menu, bar, shuttle service, etc. they also have a nice pool and fitness center. The immediate neighborhood is not the best, but it is fit next to the park and a very close drive to many chain restaurants. The rooms are oversized with a separate living and sleeping area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family