New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Busch Gardens

Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ranked #27 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Radford, Virginia
“Hyatt Place is fantastic and this is no exception.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at a Hyatt Place and I am growing to love this chain. The customer service is fantastic - the staff gave me a tour when I first arrived and explained everything thoroughly. They greet you as you enter and exit the hotel. The rooms are well designed and spacious - I feel like I am getting so much for my money. This one is within view of Busch Gardens and USF, so a great location if either of those places are your destination. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. I love the shower, good pressure and spacious. The breakfast is vast, with many selections, hot and cold. The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 was that it was difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. I couldn't get it just right - it was either too humid or too cold. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank taraship

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took our kids to the Hyatt Place and it was a great price to be close to Busch Gardens. I had read reviews about how courteous the staff was and it was absolutely true! Hugo helped us on many occasions and he had only started a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was so helpful and polite and truly went out of their way to help us. The rooms were good in size and had a nice sitting area for our family. The only thing I didn't love is that the parking lot lights were very bright so in the middle of the night, I wasn't sure if it was morning or not. If we head back to Tampa, we would stay here. The free breakfast was also great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Busch Gardens, this hotel is less than 5 minutes away and they offer some great amenities such as breakfast buffet, 24 hour menu, bar, shuttle service, etc. they also have a nice pool and fitness center. The immediate neighborhood is not the best, but it is fit next to the park and a very close drive to many chain restaurants. The rooms are oversized with a separate living and sleeping area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tim10641
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We’ve stayed at Hyatt’s in the past and enjoyed the luxurious upscale accommodations. So when I saw the Hyatt Place in Tampa, a suite that includes free breakfast/wifi/health club/internet, I was cautiously optimistic and was looking forward to this blend of luxury and value for the money.

On the positive side: The suite had the largest square footage of the suite hotels that I evaluated before making my final selection. We found the room to be very clean. The bed was very comfortable. In addition to the sleeping area, the room had a large corner sleeper sofa with a huge ottoman. The sink is located on the outside of the bathroom and had a very large counter space for your toiletries. It also contained a safe, refrig and coffee/tea maker, very small closet, desk and chair, 42” plasma TV and 2 telephones. They offer a shuttle to bring you to and from Busch Gardens. Make your reservations at the front desk at least 24 hrs in advance as the seats book early. They have 2 computers in the business center that offer free printing. The breakfast is above average with open face egg/cheese/bacon sandwiches, homemade oatmeal (not from an envelope), breads, yogurts, fresh cut fruit and whole fruit. The only change in menu during our 7 night stay were the eggs (one day they offered scrambled eggs) and the selection of cut fruit.

On the negative side: The building is ~100 yards from the main road adjacent to a railroad track (we never heard or saw a train during our 7 night stay). Although you don’t hear any noise from the street, this hotel caters to families, and we often heard doors slammed shut during the late nights and early mornings, resulting in interrupted sleep. This would be the only concern that would prevent us from staying at another Hyatt Place in the future. Although the bathroom was clean, the towels were not of high quality, two were fluffy and the other two seemed as if they were air dried. The complimentary wireless internet connection was very slow, OK at best.

This was an educational experience for us. We did more research and found that there are different levels of Hyatt’s, i.e. Park Hyatt’s, Grand Hyatt’s, Hyatt Regency’s, Hyatt House, Hyatt Resort and Hyatt Place. Although I had high expectations prior to vacation, we got a lot for our money and I would seriously consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LMHNewJersey
Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of nights to go to busch gardens. The location is great! You can see Sheikra from the hotel! The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The free shuttle to Busch Gardens was a nice surprise. Although it is a bit inconvenient to reserve in advance, it is better than paying for parking and taking tram because it drops you off right in front of the park. The decor is decent with some upgrades, but despite all this it is just an average hotel room, but that is all I could see there is in the area anyway. That being said, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Kendra D
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I book at the Hyatt Hotels because I want service a little above and beyond what others offer. But, this place was not one of them. The attendants did offer to help in any way that they could but there were things wrong with the place. For example, the room did not have a microwave. The breakfast area was too small to handle all the people. They had sports playing early in the morning on TV when we really wanted to see the local news and weather reports. I pay extra to stay at a Hyatt for the service and room. But, this place did not live up to my expectations. I will not return. They also charge a phenomenally high price to watch in room movies like $15-$17.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for three nights as part of AAvacation package. It was very reasonably priced for a last minute hotel/air package. I wa salso visiting my daughter who was on spring break. I had no choice but to accept package due to high cost of airfare. Hotel is 1/2 hour from Tampa airport. Room was reasonably spacious. We had two double beds. carpet wasn't clean and room was a bit musty I couldn't open windows to air out rooms. Many young families were present. Definitely not quiet at breakfast time. However, breakfast was suffcient for our needs. There is little to do in the area other than Busch gardens which hotel provides free shuttle to & from. The other attraction would be MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry). Staff was friendly & very helpful whenever I needed something. Good customer service!

Room Tip: Get room on lower level rather than use elevator.