“Perfect hotel while visiting Busch Gardens, Tampa Fl”

Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
Ranked #26 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Two of my Grandchildren (ages 12 and 15) and I stayed at this property for two nights in November 2012. We were totally pleased with the price (it was a package deal, along with Busch Gardens tickets), the hotel room/suite, the convenience of the hotel shuttle to/from Busch Gardens, the friendliness of the hotel staff, and the great breakfast each morning. The room was very clean, plenty of coffee for the coffeemaker, a mini-frig. Free wi-fi, also. No complaints at all! I highly recommend this place! Also, there are numerous restaurants close to the hotel--within 2 blocks to 2 miles. We ate at Outback Steak House one of the nights; Chili's the next night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I found everything about the hotel, including the breakfast, bar staff, and rooms, to be perfectly fine and in line with a four star rating, so I'm not going to describe that much.

However,

If you were like me and came here as a business traveler that did not have an expense account and, therefore, did not have money to rent a car, you were beholden to the very useful but limited shuttle at the hotel. It can get you anywhere within a 3 mile radius.

Considering that downtown Tampa is a 15-20 minute ride away even without much in the way of traffic... sightseeing in Tampa and staying in this hotel is a bit prohibitive. This hotel is close to the Busch Gardens, obviously, or the University of South Florida, but that isn't why I came here.

There just isn't much around outside of your normal chain restaurants. The ones that were unique and spoke more to the culture of Florida or had something different than regular American food, other than Jerk Hut, were rated pretty mediocre by my colleagues, so I didn't bother.

So my advice if you come here as a business traveler or fly in: rent a car. If you do that, you'll have a fine stay in the area. Parking didn't seem too problematic downtown, even during the RNC, when I was here. Otherwise, you're not going to experience much in the way of Florida culture.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place/Busch Gardens in Tampa for three nights in October. The lobby itself is quite average....not quite low budget. The room is set up as a mini suite. The beds were super comfy and the TV in the room is enormous. The real downside to this place is the breakfast. They serve the same lame stuff day after day and the "fresh" fruit should've been tossed in the garbage for being over ripe. If you are going to Busch Gardens, this place has a shuttle that can save you $14 in parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was a GREAT stay! OK, I didn't pull the A/C units apart to evaluate their internal cleanliness, but my room was VERY nice, clean, spacious, and newly furnished. I use hotel gyms quite a bit, and this gym was better than the average - they had a good assortment of free weight dumbbells to choose from and it was spacious. AMAZING BREAKFAST!!....everything to choose from including custom-made, hot, gourmet offerings every morning - TERRIFIC! The location is great if you want access to USF or Busch Gardens. I was commuting d-town for business, so it was only marginal for me - still not bad, though. Commute time during rush hour was 35-45 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You can't beat the Hyatt family of lodging. For business travel I prefer the Hyatt Place. Everything you need is on site. They have 24 hour room service. The work station in the room is complete and every location I have visited, they are the same. All you need to do is unpack and you can jump online. There is a 42" TV that can be used as a monitor if you have clients or co-workers. This is so nice rather then crowding around a lap top.
There is a hot breakfast ready for you in the morning for all guests. Every room has the feel of a suite, with the sleeping area seperate from the large lounging area and work station. All room have a fridge as well.
I will continue to use the Hyatt property's when ever I can. It take all the guess work out of "I hope the room is nice". They are the same in California or Florida.

Room Tip: Just go with any Hyatt Place and you will be very happy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My partner and I managed to get this room on a bidding site and it exceeded our expectations. The rooms were lovely, and the bed was beyond comfortable. Staff was very accommodating. If we hadn't had plans to go to Miami, we probably would have stayed there another night or two.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Front desk staff were excellent!! There was a lot of work going on when we checked in therefore a lot of drilling noise etc. Our room was extremely noisy. We were given an alternative room straight away with no issues which was much quieter. The room was huge with everything you would need. The bathroom though definately needs an upgrade, very tatty and aged which didnt match with the rest of the room. We were staying as tourists and would only reccomend because of the proximity to Busch Gardens. There is nothing else in the area, very few restaurants within walking distance and if I am honest I wouldnt have wanted to walk around that area after dark, it seemed very dodgy to me!! Having said all that, when I completed their online survey I had an email just a few hours later from the manager apologising for any issues that I had. I was quite impressed with that!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple