“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Gobles, Michigan
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and clean the staff is very friendly and helpful Bridget who works the night shift was exceptional so kind and cheerful. The only thing stopping a perfect rating is no hot tub Breakfast eas very big

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I assumed that when we use our choice points to pay for a room we wouldn't get the best room, however, it was a long night. Hall carpeting was stained as well as the carpet in our room. The bed was horrible, we both kept rolling toward the center of the bed. I felt like I spent the entire night hanging onto the edge of the bed. Room had a lot of road noise. On a bright note, the staff was nice and breakfast was hot and fresh. We've stayed at many of the Choice chain hotels and this was our first bad stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank htarr58

Travelers are raving about these Tampa hotels

Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at this hotel before heading to Anna Maria Island. We are Choice Privilege members and booked this stay using points. We stay at a lot of different Comfort Inn/Suite branded hotels and this was a nice one.
Room was on the small side but adequate. Everything was clean and nicely appointed. We were on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.
Pool was very nice. My kids had a great time swimming.
Every employee we came into contact with was very pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast room is small-not many seats. Very typical free breakfast - cereal, breads, pastries, coffee etc. The second day we opted to go to the nearby Bob Evans for a more substantial breakfast.
Location is good - very close to I-75. Restaurants are all nearby as is Target and the large Brandon Mall.
We had a good stay here and would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

As a Platinum member of Choice Privileges, I stay in Choice Hotels properties regularly, of which Comfort Suites is a member brand. This Comfort Suites property was decent - I had a 2-bed "suite" (where a "suite" is simply a large room with a low wall that divides the sleeping area from the lounge area) - beds were comfortable, room was clean and reasonably quiet. Check-in and check-out were handled pleasantly and efficiently.

The only issue was that the climate control unit did not work when set to 'heat'. It blew out tepid air. The night was on the chilly side, but the room temperature remained bearable, and since it was midnight when I discovered this, I opted to wait until morning to bring it to the hotel's attention. I chalk this up to being just a random thing and not indicative of the overall maintenance or upkeep of the hotel, but I mention it because it happened.

Location is just off of I-75, a few miles south of the intersection with I-4 east of Tampa (near Brandon), and just north of the Selmon Expressway. Drive time to the airport, avoiding tolls, is about 25 minutes during non-peak hours.

Overall - decent stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room was OK. It was a standard Jr. Suite. We never had any problem with the room overall it was nice and quite no road noise and it was nice and clean.The room we had was a handicapped room for the hearing impaired. There was a door bell, a handicapped toilet and a tub with whirlpool. The only problem was the lavatory (sink) in the washroom was too small. There was no counter space to put your toiletries. Also the clean towels for showering were on the opposite side of the room, away from the shower and tub. A lot of hotels do this and I have never figured out why put the towels so far away from where you need them.
There were a couple of good things I liked. One, the large number of luggage carts to carry all your stuff up to your room. Most hotels only have one or two and they are always being used. This place had at least 5 so it was great. Another thing I thought was very good and I have never seen this before, was a lift at the pool for a handicapped person to lower themselves into the water, well done.
A great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glenn B
Pennfield Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We can't say enough good about this place we were on the hunt for a one night stay and found it. At check in we met Jean she was very friendly and gave us great tips on the area had a great meal at a local resturant delicious and generous servings. The hotel is very clean and when you walk in the room it smells clean, every room was booked and still no noise or comotion very comfortable stay the best sleep we had in 2 weeks of traveling. Water pressure was very low early in the morning understandable with a hotel full of people showering at the same time. Breakfast was fine it was free, enough selection to get you going in the morning seating is limited.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay they are more then willing to show you what you will be getting...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pondroadgirl39
Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel the night before departing on our first cruise. We stayed on February 23, 2014. I was nervous booking the hotel because I am pretty particular about hotels and about cleanliness and security at hotels. I booked this hotel using my Choice Member rewards and booked via telephone with an agent who was not familiar with this exact location.

After a 9 hour drive we arrived to the hotel. From the outside it looked wonderful!! It was just as good inside and the staff was wonderful!!! Our room was great and everything was very clean. There was a wonderful selection for breakfast that was fresh and delicious.

If we go back on another cruise and leave from Tampa, we will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel even if I do not have a "free night" reward.

Thank you Comfort Suites and staff for a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: We had no problem with our room and at night it was quiet even in the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#78 of 162 in Tampa
4.0 of 5 stars 95 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!