“Clean rooms, well kept pool”

Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Ranked #85 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Brandon, FL
“Clean rooms, well kept pool”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms are nice and clean. This is not a big place but is well kept. The pool area is clean and has a hot tub. No onsite resturant but there are many eateries in walking distance. The hotel does have a continental breakfast in the lobby area.

Room Tip: I always like to face the pool. The other side faces hwy 60 and is very busy. There are many places...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Franklin, Illinois, USA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a clean older hotel, but it met our needs. First impression when I walked through the door was not the best. The lobby and breakfast area is way too full of "tacky" decorations. Staff was polite and everything is clean. Considering the price, we will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is a standard Comfort Suites that offers clean rooms and corridors, comfortable bed and sofa, spacious breakfast area, and prompt, friendly service. Their outdoor pool looked fine, although it poured rain during my 2-day stay. Breakfast was fine and extensive.

The only think I would drop–or at least scale way back on–is the Americana kitschy stuff that crowds out the lobby. It gives a far from professional image when you first walk in. Also, two of the comfortable lobby chairs are occupied by full size stuffed people dolls.

If you can avert your eyes when you walk through the lobby, you will enjoy a fine stay.

For the CS category level of hotels, I give this one "excellent."

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I travel a lot and this was the worst customer service I ever. One ever shift the desk clerk was out side smoking and we had to wait on them to finish to help me and my son. The breakfast was so disgusting that I wouldn't let me 7 year old son eat. I took him to Burger King across the street. There were ants in the bathrooms and the only thing they offered was for me to come down and get ant spray. They said it Florida what do you expect. I would have thought they would have offered to move us to another room. But they didn't do anything. I will be writing to Choice Hotels about the problem.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kwillie2001
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Yes, decorating is "kitschy" but we've stayed here before & found it a good value. However, we'll look elsewhere after our last experience. Upon rising, we saw many little bugs(ants?) on the bedside table and after killing the visible ones, went to breakfast & to tell the desk clerk. Her response in a VERY patronizing tone of voice was "Well, Sugar, it is Florida & we have bugs" Really??? SUGAR? WE HAVE BUGS? What kind of response is that! I'm in my 60"s and LIVE in Florida. No solutions just excuses "the pest people were here just last week" and "I'm sorry". How about "I'll send someone up to check it out" or "I'll take $$ off your bill for the inconvenience, or "I can change you to another room" (especially since I had informed her we HAD been planning to stay until checkout time).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This place was disgusting. The lobby looked like St. Paddy's Day exploded in the lobby and the breakfast area was decorated with leftovers from an old Home Interiors Decorating party. I found the staff not only rude but defiantly so. The room was dirty enough for me to know the guest before me used Old Spice soap, the bathroom was dirty, the sofa bed stained, the carpet may have never been cleaned.

Avoid this hotel. Three truck loads of people in the parking lot drinking beer and throwing beer cans but staff was more concerned about counting the number of people in my room.

Room Tip: Avoid this place...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank S S
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was located in Tampa, but on the outskirts of most of the hectic traffic. It is conveniently located near a shopping center and lots of restaurants, and was fairly easy to get in and out of.

I have never seen a hotel decorated the way this one was and that is not a compliment! The common areas were absoltuely covered with kitshy knick-knacks and decorations (ceramic and metalic fish, coral, turtles, etc) to the point of being a cluttered, however none of them were dirty or dusty. The rest of the hotel had a 1980s seafoam-green-and-pink theme. It reminded me of something off the set of the 'Golden Girls,' except even they wouldn't have had the figures everywhere like that. It was a little overwhelming after a long hot day of traveling, and felt a bit unprofessional - especially since the Comfort Suites line is marketed towards buisness professionals.

The night I stayed, I was unable to connect to the wireless all evening from about 5pm to 10pm (though it worked fine the next morning). There was a jacuzzi tub in the room, but the jets didn't work. The room was clean and comfortable and there were lots of TV channels to choose from.

Because of the internet connection problems, I probably wouldn't stay here again. I disliked the decor, but I could have overlooked it if everything else went well. I also feel like the room rate was a little overpriced for the area and the fact that it has not been remodeled recently.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#66 of 163 in Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West

Been to Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!