“Great place to stay”

Courtyard Tampa Downtown
Ranked #64 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here for 1-nite to attend a play at the Straz Center. Hotel was clean, & well kept, staff was courteous, friendly, & professional. The room was clean, bed was super comfortable!
Easy 5 minute walk to the Straz Center, and about 15 min walk to Tampa Convention Center.
Save yourself a few dollars by skipping the valet parking service [$14/day], and park at the Poe Garage [$7/day]. The Poe garage is attached to the Straz, thus an easy few minutes walk to the hotel.
One thing I forgot to mention to the hotel staff was that the spa tub was over-chlorinated; the steam was burning my eyes

Room Tip: Easy location to get to ... in the heart of downtown Tampa, a short drive from I-275, & SR 60
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DDB65
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tampa Downtown

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I attended a conference at the Straz Center. This location is walking distance and was very convenient. A room was not available when I arrived so I stowed my bags in a friend's room until later that night. The room was not super clean, but of average cleanliness. The first night I was there someone was playing music very loudly on the ground floor until 1 a.m. I was never able to determine if this was a nightclub or something else. It was the middle of the week, but it was disruptive to my sleep. There is a limited service restaurant downstairs and a small store that offers a few food and other convenience items. It came in handy as I got a cold and was bedridden during the middle of the trip. I was able to grab a meal and some medicines and get some rest without leaving. Staff was nice. No complaints other than the loud music outside...

Room Tip: Check with the front desk to make sure you are not placed near nightclub outside, or wherever the lo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. I hope that your cold is much better by now and we are glad that we had some items to assist you during your trip and illness. We hope to see you again should you come back for another show at the Straz Center. Being only 2 blocks from the Straz Center for Performing Arts we are a very convenient location. Best regards and safe travels.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed there for one night as we were seeing a show at the Straz. Great location within walking distance. Hotel room was a bit dated, especially the bathroom. Bed was firm but comfortable. Wifi in my room (312) was spotty. Great courtyard with pool and spa. Nice bistro with Starbucks coffe in the lobby. Friendly and efficient check in and valet parking. A bit noisy, but hey, it's downtown. For the price, I expected better toiletries.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed in lots of hotels. Easy to tell fake friendly from legit friendly. This place has legit friendly staff throughout the facility. Yashica is amazing and an example if how they take their jobs personally. Stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the exceptional review. Based on how many reviews you have done I guess you do know good service when you get it. I will be so happy to share your comments with Yashica and the rest of the team. We strive hard to deliver a customer experience like the one that you had and it is good for them to recieve that recognition from the guests. Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

First let it be known that self or valet parking is $14.00 per night.. Not to bad for a down town location.
Check in very easy The staff well trained, which made me feel really good. They even asked me for a picture ID when I presented my credit card.. Thank you to their training manager.
My room was very clean and seemed well maintained. BUT !! The a/c was very loud when on high. I finally found a happy medium at mid-cool without any further problems. I could not figure out how to reset the clock radio. A wake up call was ordered and I got the call on time. The bistro and bar was very clean and not to expensive.
The shuttle brought me to my meeting and picked me up with no delays. I had enough time to relax for a while before a very generous check out time of 12:00.
While checking out, my car was being brought around to avoid any delays.
My experience was very good except for a couple of loud trains during my stay.

Room Tip: A room on the back side of the property might drown out the train noise a little.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The good- Friendly receptionist and greeting. Surprisingly great breakfast (cooked to order). Good coffee in room. Hi-def TV. We got room with jacuzzi bath and that was heaven though quite slow to fill. Valet person very helpful when we left as we were in a hurry.

The not so good-.We were on the top floor (sixth) and it was very noisy from cars on the street, at 11:00PM at night. We had to get up at 5:45AM and it was hard to sleep. Then at 11:00PM a train comes buy and blasts it's horn for about five minutes. My wife and I actually laughed and said nobody would believe it. Bed was only semi-comfortable,seemed like a relatively older type of mattress. Only had valet parking which was $14/night. However most of the downtown hotels stick you with that.

In all fairness, it is in city central. If you like hotels in Manhattan NY, you won't be bothered. But surely they could insulate better.

Next time we'd stay about a mile away from downtown in Westin or near the water.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you don't want street noise. Stay her if you don't care, it's dec...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stevesigal

Thank you so much for the review. I am glad that you found the staff super friendly and that you liked the location. I do apologize about the street noise. While you did point out that we are a downtown location and located in the heart of the city noise is not generally an issue so I do apologize. Thanks again for the review and safe travels!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one night, convenient location with free downtown shuttle. We used the shuttle to go to the times forum, and walked back. Clean, quiet (never heard a bit of noise), friendly helpful staff. (the people in the Tampa area were great. Couldn't be nicer . friendly helpful .)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gbay_ns_

Thank you for the great review! We are in close proximity to the events at the Times Forum and even though it is walkable having the shuttle makes it really easy. We hope to see you again soon for a future event and safe travels!