“Great little hotel but room didn't look as the images in their website.”

Courtyard Tampa Downtown
Ranked #64 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great little hotel but room didn't look as the images in their website.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Made the reservation by their website with no problem at all. Got a discount too! The valet parking was the best thing this hotel has, for $14 a day for downtown is great!. Room was small and didn't look Luke I thought it will look according to the pics in the website. Had no refrigerator or microwave. The TV had some volume disperfection and the water pipes were clogged. ut is a beautiful hotel inside and outside. Overall: OK!

• Stayed August 2013
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review and the "great little hotel" comment! I can assure you that every single picture online is of our hotel. After reading your review I believe that you had indicated that it was the refrigerator that was not in your room and the reason for the comment. About a third of our rooms have refrigerators and unless requested you may get a room that does not come with a refrigerator. Other than the refrigerator all the rooms are the same. I apologize for the confusion. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet parking makes sense because it costs just as much to self park across the street. There are some good places to eat and drink within walking distance. Our room was colorful, comfortable, clean and quiet. Great value and within walking distance to the convention center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and high rating. Thank you for the comments about the staff, be assured that we will pass them along. Thank you for the helpful parking tip. There is no "free" parking in downtown as is the case in most large cities. With that said, we are the one of the cheapest priced hotels for parking in Tampa and like to think we are a good value for that reason. Thank you again and safe travels!
Lee, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Was here on a mission trip with y churches youth group. Had 3 young ladies with me in one room and 2 others in another. We had plenty of room only thing is I wish they had a small refrigerator or something in room. The valets who parked my car were very friendly and helpful. The Starbucks lady who made my coffee was very nice and did a great job. Front nice staff very friendly and inviting.

Room Tip: If you do not let them park your car which cost per day it will be hard to find a close spot to park...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the review. I will be happy to pass along the positive staff comments to the team. Thank you for the Starbucks comment. We are so happy to be offering Starbucks in the lobby! Safe travels.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been in 3 hotels in Tampa over the course of 2 weeks working on a personal case in the courts and the FEELING I had once I stepped into the hotel was incredible - Where I was dealing with a very sensative issue they incouraged me and made me feel as if I was the only customer and that alone makes me just to go back for no reason at all - Tracy and Momma Dee where like family once I left and the rest of the staff was genuine in wanting to serve. The outlook they have is great and makes you want to be around the hotel enjoying the ammenities. PS: We got my friends Daughter back in court.

Room Tip: Courtyard gives you a better chance of quiet - it is the city and every once in a while you will her...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great comments! I am happy to let Tracy and "Momma Dee" know they made such a great impression. We believe it is the staff that makes the hotel experience complete and it is our goal to make everyone feel like you did. We hope to see you back soon. Safe travels.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was on their shuttle to Ybor when the manager called the driver to track me down. One of the valets noticed I left my flashers on. The manager offered to go to my room, get my keys, turn off the flashers and then return the keys and he did just that. Couldnt have asked for better customer service.

• Stayed August 2013
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Yashica made me feel like a king. She deserves a raise. For staying at a Courtyard Mariott I thought it was a JW Marriott because of the way Yashica and the staff made me feel from the moment I arrived. As I drove up to the hotel, the valet was there with a cart for my luggage. He gave me a valet pass, took my keys and took my luggage up to the lobby. Yashica had my room key ready, offered me some water and took down my wake-up time for the morning. She put me up in a great room and accomodated my every need, almost as if she new what I wanted before I did. I also told her that I had stayed at other, less convenient hotels, near downtown the previous two weeks because they had been sold out. She gave me her card and asked that my secretary call her directly and she would work to accomodate my plans if possible. That's customer service. I want her to work for me.

Room Tip: Call Yashica
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your great experience. I will let Yashica know about your experience and how it made you feel. The entire team works hard to offer a positive hotel experience and I am glad we met that goal during your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel and room were clean and comfortable with simplistic chic modern decor. The courtyard has an excellent location with a gym and a pool. The staff was extremely accommodating, especially Yashica, who works at the front desk. As for her and she will take good care of you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business