“Wonderful staff and scenic views”

Courtyard Tampa Downtown
Ranked #62 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a convention. Like reviews before me, the staff are what makes this hotel. From the bell men out front to the maid service for the rooms everyone takes the time to make you feel welcomed and thankful for you as a guest. Many other hotels can not say that these days.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently blocked rooms for my son's wedding in Tampa. Every person on staff (especially Delores and her Brooklyn NY colleague (sorry I forgot your name!) felt like old friends by the time we left! They went above and beyond and let us use the facility freezer for goodies as well as use the lobby/bar for the wedding after party! They watched us come and go for rehearsal and wedding prep and they shared in our joy! They handed out our gift boxes to guests as they checked in.
The recently renovated lobby looked chic and modern and we were thrilled to have our guests there. The pool area was great for meeting up with our family & friends also!

Rooms were very comfortable and our suite had everything we needed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wow!! This is how we were greated by the front desk upon arrival. And I've stayed in MARRIOTTS, we are Elite members and so far, believe it or NOT, my favorite and my 5 star rating goes to this Marriott!!! Housekeeping staff friendly, eye contact, smiles, LOVE LOVE LOVE THE starbucks and the FOOD, Staff is soooooo MARRIOTT Family. LOE. . Loyal over everything as my basketball son would say. SO DANG NICE HERE. VALET AND FOOD MGR. IS SO SWEET, MARRIED AND EMPLOYED HERE 12 YEARS. delores, well she is the FUN AND ORGANIZED AND BLESSED ONE (FRONT DESK) mike and kelly hoon arrived 10/07/12 late and departing 10/10/12 early :( Hope you enjoy as well!!

Room Tip: one 5th floor!!!! great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Wow! Thank you for the great response. It means so much and I have already shared it with our team. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is an older hotel. The rooms/bathrooms can use renovating. The room/bed was comfortable. The towels are not of a very good quality. The pool area is very nice. The workout room is small but has what most would want. The staff are what make this hotel. They are pleasant and welcoming each time you come in. I stayed here for a conference at the convention center and the hotel shuttle took us there and picked us up each day. I had no trouble with the valet parking. Each day I would ask for my car and by the time I came down, it was there. There are plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance. I didn't eat at the hotel but the lobby is very nice and inviting. You can also walk part of the Riverwalk right across the street from the hotel. Overall, a nice hotel and good location.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaLove2Travel
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel is in a super location for downtown and the price we got for it was terrific. Rooms were nice and clean, staff was pleasant. Had requested extra towels which we did get from the maid service ourselves on each of the 2 nights that we stayed. Staff did not have much knowledge of surrounding areas or of the events going on nearby, which we found peculiar for a busy downtown. There is a shuttle, make sure what time it stops running. Parking was $12.00 a day in a fenced lot, did not need the vehicle, but the valet persons were not very forthcoming with info regarding use of their service, they were also reluctant to assist with luggage. Street parking outside the hotel is free on weekends. Did not use the bar or the cafe services.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Definitely a fan! I recently stayed here for a business related trip to Tampa and I was pleasantly surprised. I am a clean freak and I check the room before even bringing in my luggage for bed bugs and other dirty possibilities. I had no complaints about the cleanliness of my room. Everything was spot on.

I really liked the lobby too. They have a cafe where you can buy full meals and drinks. They also have tables with TVs. I bought breakfast at the cafe and sat at one of those tables to watch my morning news. I really liked this idea.

Keep up the good work, Courtyard!

Room Tip: I got a room on the fourth floor, near the elevator (406)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing experience during your recent trip to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and the Bistro restaurant. I will also definitely share your approval of how clean your room was with our housekeeping team. They strive everyday to make sure this is the case for all our guests and comments like this goes a long way to recognize this effort! We hope to see you back at our hotel when in Tampa and safe travels in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend with friends. Really enjoyed the facility, especially the pool. The front desk staff were terrific and very accommodating. However the valet and parking experience was poor every time we interacted with them. Upon arrival the valet was quite rude and unhelpful. Wouldn't come out to the car and then wouldn't take the car without a room number but we hadn't checked in yet. Getting the car each day was also a similar experience - slow service and poor attitudes. I would stay here again but would probably handle parking on my own or make sure to speak with management about any further poor parking experiences.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

David,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am glad to hear that overall you had a very positive experience at our location. I am sorry to hear that are valet service did not meet your expecations. As you can see from most all our previous reviews are staff customer service reviews are great and very important to each of our team members. Our valet department is an important aspect of this because they are the first to greet the guest and generally the last staff interaction that one has at the hotel. We will definitely review your comments with the valet team and make sure to improve our service level for future guests. I am glad to hear that you will be returning to the hotel and know that we will again exceed your expectations!