Courtyard Tampa Downtown
Sheraton.com
$127
$123
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$109
$157
$149
Westin.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

$119
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$149
$119
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$164
$102
SailportSuites.com
$129
Hyatt.com
All reviewsfront deskfiltered watercourtyard marriottnorman parathyroid centertypical courtyardthe performing arts centervalet parkingchildren's museumart museumwithin walking distancefree shuttletampa downtownbasketball courtshuttle serviceself parkstreet noiseconvention center
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here because we had to go to Tampa Hospital. It's just an average hotel, pretty clean, and very nice employees. Most of the restaurants around the hotel are for breakfast and lunch, and not for dinner. That was disappointing because we thought that staying at this hotel would give us more choices for dinner within walking distance.

Room Tip: No comment here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your review on the property. Since your review we have renovated our lobby and now have an on property restuarant that is open during the evening serving everything from salads, sandwiches, to flatbread pizzas and ribs! Our complimentary hotel shuttle service can also take you anywhere within a two mile radius and to some of the best restaurants in Tampa. I hope that you give us another try when you come to the area!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Beautiful Hotel paid top price for this then found out "no wi-fi" unless you go to lobby or pay $14.99 a night for the connection. One hand towel in room, two used rolls of toilet paper with
no back up, no shampoo, three bath towels for two guest. When we went to desk to ask about
store to buy water we were sent out of hotel instead of directed to gift shop that was in a corner. Save your money and go somewhere that appreciates you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eileen9422

Eileen,

I think you may have your hotels confused. We do have free Wi Fi wired and wireless in the rooms and complimentary wireless in all public areas. So I agree paying for internet service is uncalled for at hotels! I have been at this location for 7 years and we have never charged for Wi-Fi service. Also, vending is centrally located on all guest floors and we also have a "Market" area that is located right beside the desk with water, assorted sodas, candy and other snack items. I apologize for the confusion but should you come back to the Tampa area I hope that you try us again!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a concert at the Straz center. It was perfect, it's right across the street and all we had to walk was a block. Hotel only offers valet parking ( an amenity that I'm not thrilled with) and beware because I did have quarters missing from my center console (thankfully I had taken anything of electronic importance out of the car but my change holder was not topped off like I usually have it nor how I had left it). With that warning out there, they did bring our car pretty fast. Check in was fast as well. The hotel does not have free breakfast but offers the full breakfast buffet for 8.95, there was another option for continental buffet only but I am unsure of the price. The bed was really comfortable as was our room layout, a king with a couch, and a desk. The bathroom I have to say was the nicest and my favorite of any hotel I have stayed at. It was a corner tub so there was A LOT of room and that was a nice feature. The toilet was also somewhat separated from the tub area and that was a nice thing to not have to be crammed up in a little bathroom. We opted to skip out of housekeeping so can't rate that but when we asked for extra towels they were in the room within 5 minutes. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. There is a pool area with jacuzzi and basketball court. There is also a fitness center. We did not use any of those as it was too cold outside for pool. If you get hungry there is a little market that sells some snacks and drinks and some medicine and you can charge it to the room. You can walk about 5 blocks and catch a streetcar that will take you to Aquarium, channelside, st. pete times forum and ybor city. its $2.50 each way or $5 all day, we did this and found it to be a nice way to get around. The hotel really is pretty centrally located when you factor in the trolley (m-f only) and the streetcar. Overall it was not a bad stay, we really liked the hotel (sans the valet issue) and would return for a future event.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fist floor and it was quite and a nice to not have to wait for an elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frogster14
Reviewed February 6, 2012

The hotel offered a shuttle that took you within a two mile radius free of charge. Easy to get around town. Inside condition of hotel clean and quiet. Desk personnel very helpful. Price was good.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the street side. It is pretty noisy on the street side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nana k
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I've stayed at this location several times, but it had been a few years prior to my most recent visit. The hotel is located on the north end of downtown within easy walking distance of the Performing Arts Center. Channelside, the Aquarium, and the St Pete Times Forum are not within easy walking distance but the hotel does offer a free shuttle. There is a bar in the lobby and a small fitness center, pool and hot tub. Rates are very reasonable for the area. My only complaint was the fact the A/C was a bit loud. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience. We are very proud of our recent guestroom renovation. Thank you for also mentioning our free shuttle. As you mentioned it can take you anywhere in Downtown and Ybor City. I have noted the noise associated with your AC and will immeadiately have someone correct the issue. Again. Thank you for your response and I hope you continue to comeback when you come to Tampa!