“Absolutely loved our stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF
Ranked #39 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
OnondagaHill
“Absolutely loved our stay”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights and I couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The room was large with 2 King beds that were extremely comfortable with beautiful bedding. You will not find 2 king beds anywhere. The room had a large closet to stow your luggage, hang your clothes, etc. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. the bathroom was beautiful with nice tile and beautiful lighting. I travel alot and this room was perfect. The hallways are nice and large. It was quiet and you could not hear any noise from other rooms. The pool was nice and there were tables and chairs to sit around the pool. There are ice machines. There is a free continental breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, bread, danishs, oatmeal, waffles, coffee, tea, juices, water, fresh fruit, bananas, apples, cut up oranges and grapefruit. The dining area was comfortable and nice decor right off the main lobby. The Front Desk people were extremely friendly and helpful. They can guide you to the many restaurants, etc. all nearby. There is a shuttle that will take you back and forth to Busch Gardens, and the shuttle drivers are a pleasure to talk too. They are always cleaning and working around the hotel. I will definitely return to this Wingate on my next visit to Tampa area. Well worth it 100%.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
tampa094, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a positive experience here at the Wingate. We hope to see you again in the near future. -The Staff at Wingate By Wyndham Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Storrs, Connecticut
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I've stayed at a few other hotels since I stayed at this one and honestly, nothing great is coming to mind about. It was simply and average hotel. The staff was friendly, the location was convenient, and the free breakfast was good. The room was average looking though decently large. I've stayed at other Wyndams and was expecting a little more out of this one, but over all it was a good stay. I'm a Wyndham reward member and never got my free drink and snack, like I usually do. If in the area again, I might try out a new hotel, though would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The staff at hotel was fantastic. They took the time to talk to you and always made sure we were happy. Manuel the manager was very accommodating and helpful. Connie, Marie, Jessica were wonderful ladies who took care of all our transportation, ensured the complimentary breakfast (great selection) was always stocked and always welcomed us with a smile. The pool is small but big enough if your plan is to visit Busch Gardens. the whirlpool hot tub was welcoming in the evening after a busy day. The business center is convienent and open 24hrs. Hotel has all the amenities a family or couple would need. The location was also fantastic. Close to Busch Gardens, restaurants and shopping. Our entire family including grandparents loved this hotel. We felt we were at home at Wingate.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank butterfly1623
tampa094, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
We at the Wingate appreciate your taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours makes us strive to continue to offer exemplary service to all of our guests, and we certainly hope the experience at Wingate Tampa met and exceeded your expectations.
Emerson, New Jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2010

After finding bugs in our OTHER hotel, this hotel graciously made accomodations for us. It was late and I was not expecting much. This hotel was extremely clean, the staff very professional and nice. I have already booked my next stay in September with them for parents weekend at USF. The shuttle service was great, complimentary to campus and to Busch Gardens, on time and courteous. Breakfast was nice, coffee hot and beds were the most comfy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lisad3
We were happy to be able to accomodate you and are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. We will certainly do our best to make your future stays just as pleasant as your first.
Chennai
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This is my third stay at the Wingate Inn at Tampa. I have had pleasant memories of my every stay at the hotel. It may not be the fancy 5 star hotel you are looking for, but it packs a punch all the same. The title to my review says it all. The manager and his staff are doing a great job at keeping the guests happy. Wingate is ranked 5th out of 158 properties in Tampa by Trip Advisor. Deserves every bit to be right up there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
oviedo, florida, USA
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our Little League baseball team and their families spent the weekend at the Wingate and had a great experience. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. There's a hot breakfast each morning, a decent work out room and pool and the rooms were nice and clean. My family will definitely stay here again when we are in the Tampa area.

• Stayed July 2010
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Having set out from home in Naples, Fl, headed for Blue Ridge, Ga ahead of Tropical Storm Bonnie, the last thing we expected was car trouble. However, in the pouring rain, our brakes decided to quit working. We limped to Kaufmann Tire & were referred to the wingate by Wyndham in Tampa, Fl. Now that may see like a very logical maneuver, however, our travel party consisted of my wife, my self, my 87 year -old demented mother-in-law and the dog. What hotel on earth is going to accept that combo?? The Wingate manager & staff could not have been more accommodating in allowing us to "camp" until our truck had entire braking system replaced! We were stranded in a town w/no friends or acquaintenances to call upon & the Wingate fill the bill. I would all highly recommend the Wingate & their staff to any & all that inquire. They did not push us out of the room at required check-out time rather allowing my mother-in-law & wife to stay in the room until repairs completed. Kudos & accolades the the Wingate manager & his entire staff - he undoubtedly exemplifies the "innkeeper image" and definitely exceeded my customer expectation. I will absolutely include the Wingate in my future travel plans. Please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family