“Regular pricing, no. Hotwire, yes.”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #35 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The location was brilliant. We were able to explore many different shops, restaurants and even got a taste of SoHo (a bar district south of Howard). The room was average. The T.V. had a strange fuzz that interrupts viewing. The bedding was not particularly comfortable and even kind of itchy. The temperature was awkwardly warm and we could not seem to get it any colder. We did not complain or fuss because we didn't spend so much time in the room that it was truly an issue, but if we had to stay more than one night it would have been. We felt so rushed upon check out! Housekeeping actually let themselves into our rooms at 11am while we were waking up and knocked once more afterwards. Oh, the pool was also strange. Great view of the parking garage though! I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was randomly through Hotwire.

Room Tip: It seems that most of them have a nice view into other people's rooms/offices. Peeking Toms this...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our location which is near entertainment districts such as South Howard (SOHO). I am sorry about the issues you did experience here with us. I let our engineering department know that way we can improve in these areas.

-Jeff R.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Good service spotless room, and most important, a Great Bed!!!! The neighborhood has all the charm of any airport strip, but at least you can walk to Starbucks and all the essential better fast food joints

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We loved hearing that you valued the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms here at the InterContinental Tampa! Thank you for the review, and we hope you choose to stay here again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My room was nice, bed comfortable but as I checked out there was a charge from the minibar for a Redbull that I did not have. I had looked in the fridge when I checked in and saw that it was there and when I received the check out bill, I looked again and indeed it was gone. As I was the only one in the room, it was obvious that someone in the cleaning crew took it. I went to the front desk to explain and they immediately removed the charge, which was fine, but I really wanted her to relay to the manager that someone took it. I hope she did, and I intend to as well.
Not a big deal overall, but they should be aware their cleaning crew stole something that was charged to me and anyone staying there should check their bill.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I apologize for the issue you experienced, but I am glad it was taken care of without hesitation! I have shared the issue with our housekeeping manager to prevent any further mishaps. Thank you so much for the feedback! We wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had a very nice stay while in Tampa at the InterContinental. Convenient for anyone going on a cruise but also in the center of activities. Very friendly and helpful staff and a lovely room. Their restaurants were also really good and not overpriced. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay here at the InterContinental Tampa! Thank you for your kind comments about our location and our friendly staff. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We came to Tampa for our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed here. We reserved the Jr. King suite, and it was amazing, the views form the massive windows were just as beautiful as the room was. Jackie who helped us with our reservation, went above and beyond to make sure the room was perfect. When we opened the door, we were both speechless, there were rose petals, hearts, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and truffles. WOW is all we can say. We stayed the weekend and really never wanted to leave. It was quite magical.

Room Tip: The Jr. King suites are very nice size.
1  Thank WMW0166

We are extremely excited to hear you loved the InterContinental Tampa and all the amenities we have to offer! We are please you enjoyed our spacious Junior Suites, as well as, our team member Jackie who takes pride in her customer service. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Having recently stayed at this intercontinental for 2 nights I can honestly say its not one of the more pleasurable stays I have experienced. As a royal ambassador member the hotel forgot all the benefits and the room was not available till almost 4.45pm.I was upgraded and the upgrade was to room 917 which if you stay in this room you will be kept awake by the continuous noise of the elevator switchgear clicking in and out all night. It was the worst nights sleep ever in an Intercontinental and as I was on my holidays it made the stay very dissatisfying.

I got none of the ambassador benefits and the room was only cleaned once only the bedroom not the suite, the maid left empty glasses cups and bottles. No service whatsoever.No water or fresh fruit. I have been a very loyal member of IHG and this service is not what I expect. I did complain at checkout but it seems there is a communication problem as the comments were not passed on to the Front of house manage as I left my details.

Recognising loyalty amongst the guests should be priority for the hotel and in this case there is a clear case of staff training needed in respect of the front of house staff and housekeeping.

Sadly this is one property I would not recommend or indeed return to

Room Tip: Make sure you are no where near the lifts
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I greatly apologize for the inconveniences you faced while staying here with us! I have made sure to review with our Front Office Manager the concerns you addressed. I really appreciate your feedback, and wish you safe travels in the future!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I hadn't ever stayed at an Intercontinental, so the night before my wife and I left Tampa, we decided to treat ourselves to a one night stay. We got an excellent rate via Hotwire, so it really didn't even cost much.

We wish we'd stayed there for a couple more nights. The bed was quite possibly one of the most comfy beds I'd ever experienced. It also was an impeccably clean room and overlooked a large atrium which while not an outside view was kind of neat since everything was decorated for Christmas. We didn't get the chance to go into the pool but did go up to see it, looked real nice. Every employee we encountered was friendly. Shuttle service to the airport was prompt. And it was walking distance to Chipotle - what could be better!

I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We are overjoyed that you valued our rooms here at the InterContinental Tampa, and glad you had a great night sleep in our comfortable beds! It is great to know you took advantage of our convenient shuttle service to the airport, and that it made your vacation travels a breeze! We hope you choose to be our guest again.