1,692 results
All reviews shula's steakhouse office building rooftop pool panera bread mall across the street parking garage pf changs business hotel self park mini fridge close to the airport front desk staff fitness center lobby area international plaza shuttle service intercontinental
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I recently stayed this hotel for a 3 days for a business meeting. Overall the hotel is very nice with friendly staff, a good restaurant and a convenient location to a mall and the airport. I was a little concerned with a smell that I seemed to get periodically from around the bed. It was not on the sheets but was coming from the headboard area. I think better cleaning of that area of the bed needed more attention by the housekeeping staff. I would stay there again and hope that the cleaning is beefed up a bit.

Room tip: Higher rooms might help with road noise. I was on the 10th floor and it was quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Overjoyed to hear such wonderful comments about our staff here at the InterContinental Tampa, as well as, Shula’s Steakhouse! I am happy to know that the hotel was also conveniently located to meet your needs. I have let our housekeeping manager know about your concerns!

-Jeff R.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have stayed in several Intercontinental Hotels so we did have some expectations. This hotel does not live up to the Intercontinental brand - in accommodations and in service. Rally average. Nothing special. The room was quite small and not comfortable. The hotel is also on a main highway so the noise level, even on the higher levels, was pretty disruptive. When we made requests, they were not fulfilled, and no one let us know they were not going to fulfill them.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel if you are sensitive to noise.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Sandra B,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here one night and it is very comfortable with lovely rooms (as you would expect of an Intercontinental). All the staff I encountered were very helpful and friendly but the hotel itself felt like an office block (probably because it's in the middle of one).
I had a room on the 8th floor on the Kennedy Boulevard side of the hotel and there was some traffic noise so it would be better getting a room at the rear of the hotel.
It is very close to the airport and they provide a free shuttle every 30 minutes which is very useful. There is a small but pleasant and functional outdoor pool on the 9th floor,

Room tip: Get a room at the back not overlooking Kennedy Boulevard.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

It’s wonderful to know you valued our hotel rooms, and staff here at the InterContinental Tampa. I am delighted to know you took advantage of the convenient location of our hotel, as well as, the shuttle service we provide to and from the Tampa International Airport. We hope to have you stay with us in future travels!

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel. Very classy. Rooms were nicely appointed. Staff was very helpful. Rooftop pool was very nice. Hotel was in a convenient location, near restaurants, a pretty nice mall within walking distance and fairly close to the Tampa Airport and boat docks.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimhP8294JG

We appreciate the positive comments about the InterContinental Tampa! It’s exciting to know we could accommodate your needs, and our hotel met your standards. We wish to have you back with us again!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is badly in need of a rethink. As a number of people have said, a lot of the rooms face an atrium, which means you have no natural light. I was unlucky enough to be in one of those rooms. The rooms are also in poor shape (mine had a ripped office chair, stained carpet, and a weird slope by the door. No power by the desk - super handy for those travelling on business - and the constant, frequent mechanical noise of 'i don't know what', all made for not a nice first impression. Finding the parking area was a minor adventure - we were directed by the valet to park in a parking structure around the corner but there were no signs at all that related to the hotel. Totally dodgy and hope the rental car is there in the morning. Trying to get customer service was also a bit of a nightmare... the 'guest services' button on the phone kept giving me a busy signal. I called about ten times before someone answered by saying 'hello, guest services' who then said they had to transfer me to 'guest services'. Hoping this stay improves...

Room tip: Stay away....
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Peter, I am very sorry you did not have a great start to your stay with us. I reviewed your concerns with their respective department managers to improve this matter. I wish you the best with your prospective travels!