1,662 results
All reviewsshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetparking garagefloor to ceiling windowspf changsfour starbusiness hotelwestshore plazaself parkclose to the airportfront desk stafffitness centerlobby areainternational plaza
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel. Very classy. Rooms were nicely appointed. Staff was very helpful. Rooftop pool was very nice. Hotel was in a convenient location, near restaurants, a pretty nice mall within walking distance and fairly close to the Tampa Airport and boat docks.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim H
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We appreciate the positive comments about the InterContinental Tampa! It’s exciting to know we could accommodate your needs, and our hotel met your standards. We wish to have you back with us again!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is badly in need of a rethink. As a number of people have said, a lot of the rooms face an atrium, which means you have no natural light. I was unlucky enough to be in one of those rooms. The rooms are also in poor shape (mine had a ripped office chair, stained carpet, and a weird slope by the door. No power by the desk - super handy for those travelling on business - and the constant, frequent mechanical noise of 'i don't know what', all made for not a nice first impression. Finding the parking area was a minor adventure - we were directed by the valet to park in a parking structure around the corner but there were no signs at all that related to the hotel. Totally dodgy and hope the rental car is there in the morning. Trying to get customer service was also a bit of a nightmare... the 'guest services' button on the phone kept giving me a busy signal. I called about ten times before someone answered by saying 'hello, guest services' who then said they had to transfer me to 'guest services'. Hoping this stay improves...

Room Tip: Stay away....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Peter, I am very sorry you did not have a great start to your stay with us. I reviewed your concerns with their respective department managers to improve this matter. I wish you the best with your prospective travels!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed there one night before driving to South Florida. The lobby was beautiful with fresh flowers. We didn't use the pool are, but took a look and it didn't look great. We had room near the elevator and it was very noisy, so noisy we woke up in the middle of the night. The room looked beautiful and the beds where good. The breakfast was poor, no pancakes. A 20 dollar breakfast and no pancakes ?? I thought pancakes where as important as coffee for hotel breakfast in the US. Although there where no pancakes I have to say that the vaiority of fresh fruits and berries was very good.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast inside Shula’s Steakhouse that we have on site here at the hotel. In our lobby, we make sure there are fresh flowers every week for our guests to enjoy as they walk through! I apologize for the noise issue experience, and I hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Was so very disappointed as the hotel was just so noisy. The doors slam constantly and the lift shaft noise seemed to vibrate causing further disturbance. The maids chatted and laughed outside my room. I was exhausted when I left and was glad to get home to get some sleep .

• Stayed: January 2014

Kat, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I really appreciate the feedback and have addressed your concerns with our managers to better these issues. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me and a couple of my friends decided to spend the night here for Gasparilla and we had such a great time! First off the hotel and staff were awesome, the room was very nice, the location was ideal, and the free parking was a bonus. As for other reviews complaining about how your view is an atrium looking at offices, me and my friends found that absolutely hilarious, in fact we purposely were being ridiculous in front of our window looking for a few laughs. The staff was very kind and friendly, and the bar downstairs sure does make some strong drinks! In all I would love to come back to this hotel, and especially for Gasparilla. Thanks for such a great weekend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about The InterContinental Tampa. The entire staff takes great pride in our hotel, and it is exciting to see our guests notice! We look forward to your future return!