1,661 results
All reviewsshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetparking garagefloor to ceiling windowspf changsfour starbusiness hotelwestshore plazaself parkclose to the airportfront desk stafffitness centerlobby areainternational plaza
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Me and a couple of my friends decided to spend the night here for Gasparilla and we had such a great time! First off the hotel and staff were awesome, the room was very nice, the location was ideal, and the free parking was a bonus. As for other reviews complaining about how your view is an atrium looking at offices, me and my friends found that absolutely hilarious, in fact we purposely were being ridiculous in front of our window looking for a few laughs. The staff was very kind and friendly, and the bar downstairs sure does make some strong drinks! In all I would love to come back to this hotel, and especially for Gasparilla. Thanks for such a great weekend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about The InterContinental Tampa. The entire staff takes great pride in our hotel, and it is exciting to see our guests notice! We look forward to your future return!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

During a brief trip to Tampa, had an excellent experience at the Intercontinental Hotel. Was provided with an excellent room. Had very good service. Food was quite good, as well.

Was quite pleased with all aspects of this visit and would be very positively inclined to again stay at this fine hotel, should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed: February 2013

It is great to hear you had a great experience here at the InterContinental Tampa. We are happy you loved your room, and the services provided here at the hotel. We hope the opportunity arises to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is in a good location for shopping and the airport. Also it is a short drive to St. Petersburg. The rooms were comfortable and the bed was great. There is both self park and valet so that does give someone the option if the chose not to pay the valet service. Across the street are stores and movie theaters which would give someone who is spending the day or week a place to go and without having to take a car. This was at the end of our vacation so I was looking for a quiet evening and some good food to top off the trip. Shula's steak house is located in the hotel and the food and service were wonderful. It of course is a little pricey but well worth the money. I also will tell you the staff at check in and out were very professional and assisted in making our stay very pleasant. The one draw back is the noise coming from the hall with the door closing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

I am happy to know that the InterContinental Tampa was in a convenient location for you! Thank you for the positive comments about our Front Desk agents. We hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Oh how I loved this place. Pulled in late at night (with an early am wake up call) and turned my car keys over for Valet park. Front desk gentleman quickly got us checked in and heading up to our room. Room was serene and tastefully decorated. Big fluffy pillows and soft, downy comforters. I wish we had a couple days to enjoy this lovely hotel.
In the am, car was waiting when we came downstairs. Only 5 minutes from the airport!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Kris, I am overjoyed to hear the process of getting you checked in and to your room was a breeze! We are pleased that our rooms met or even exceeded your standards. Thank you for staying with us at the InterContinental Tampa, I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I booked 2 rooms for this hotel prior to my sister's wedding cruise. It was middle of December 2013 and the roads were under construction making it difficult to find the entrance of the hotel. After trying out several street, we finally arrived in the hotel. The receptionist told us the room was not ready and unfortunately we have to wait. While we waited we went to get some drink and food in the restaurant. The bar tender was totally exhausted (she was on her own) attending to the plentiful hotel guests waiting to be served. She tried hard to smile but the stress is overcoming her nerves. We finally have our drinks/food and we checked 30 minutes later the check-in time. The room that I booked for my sister and her family was not ready and finally we got the key from reception at 18:00/ 3 hours after the normal check-in time. As I complained, the hotel give us the complimentary breakfast.
We have dinner at Shula's which was lovely and a steak is one of the best, but quite pricey. The extra bed which I paid extra was HORRENDOUS, and very dated with the spring protruding out from the foam. It was a nightmare to be given a room like this especially if you have an AMBASSADOR membership. The receptionist apologised and refunded 100 dollars, but truly is not worth it, I would rather pay the extra 100 dollars and have a better bed/sleep. The pool was run-down and looks dirty.
The breakfast was totally chaos, we waited for 15 minutes to be seated in a 1/4 full room which I am not sure why guests has to wait that long. Breakfast buffet are very limited and not enjoyed it at all. With disappointment I would not recommend this hotel. They badly needed refurbishment and maybe staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Oxford69,