“Great Customer Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recent stay was specifically for a shopping trip - mall with great choice of stores right right opposite. The staff at this hotel clearly have the right customer service training, friendly, professional and welcoming - they really try their best. I had gone a bit overboard with Amazon ordering (over 30 packages delivered to the hotel !!). That was no problem at all - no charge, safely stored, delivered to the room immediately, all with good humour. Shulas is a good steakhouse, on the expensive side though - themed on football, which they place on the table - it distracts to the dining experince rather than adds - also not sure I like a grubby ball next to me when eating.
Bar staff knowledgable and pleasant. Rooms are adequate for what you pay, toiletries replaced and good quality. Room cleaning service good, am a late riser but was never hassled by overly keen cleaners trying to get in to the room. Airport shuttle service a bonus, pleasant driver. The one thing that really lets this hotel down is the rooftop pool area - it needs major improvement, a rethink on the size of the pool and perhaps a roof top bar / snack area. All in all a great stay and I would go back there.

Room Tip: Wouldn't stay on 9th floor, there is a lot of traffic to the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel repeatedly since February and it's always been great. The location near the airport is wonderful for business travelers. the hotel is across from a mall area with lots of dining options. Which is really good becasue at the hotel the only option is Shula's which is extremely expensive.

The bar staff are wonderful!!! Specially Stephanie, Star and Leona. They remember me every time i am in town; they know my drink preference and take good care of me. The rooms are ok...nothing amazing but clean and comfortable and always in good working order. The valet parking seems to be a bit expensive (18 bucks a night) but the garage is attached to the hotel so not too inconvenient.

Everyone is always efficient from the valet guys to front desk to serving staff. I would not want to stay here if I was on vacation; the hotel location is a bit distant from downtown and in a congested area; but overall excellent for my needs.

Room Tip: ask for a high room facing the water; it's a nice view over the bay; somewhat obstructed by nice...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went to Tampa for our anniversary 4th of July weekend and had a nice time. The Manager James Hellman was amazing to us even prior to us arriving and made our experience an even better stay. He bumped us up to a 1 bedroom suite for our anniversary which was really nice of him. The room was nice with floor to ceiling windows and we were on the curve portion of the hotel which was nice. The room was clean for the most part with an exception of a French Fry hidden under the couch and the lamp shade next to the couch was lopsided and tilted.

The best part about the room (Room 328) was that we wanted to go some place to see fireworks and you actually don't have to go anywhere you can see them right from the hotel room, how lucky were we!!!. Just try to get into a suite higher then the 3rd floor for a better view of them but we were still able to see them very well.

The hotel lobby was really nice and all of the areas in the hotel were nice and kept up. This hotel does not have many amenities that is the only downside. The pool area looks like a public pool that children would go to vs. a 4-5 star hotel pool. They do allow you to call room service and have them bring you up food or cocktails however you have to wait until 11:30am if you would like a cocktail brought up to you by the pool. They don't have a place for massages and will refer you across the street to a small massage place or they have a outside vendor that will come to your room and give you a massage. The mall is right across the street which has many restaurants and shopping if that is your thing. Walgreens is conveniently across the street, and if you are a traveler on a budget so is Taco Bell, Burger King, and the Waffle House if you are looking for a breakfast spot. We tried a few restaurants such as Mitchell's Seafood and The Fox Jazz Cafe which I will have separate reviews for. Overall the hotel was nice and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Room 328 a suite is good and any room right above that same room you can see the fireworks from your...
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Everything about this stay at the Intercontinental was perfect. The front desk was very nice and professional. The lobby and other common areas were clean, fresh smelling and decorated very modern. Our room couldn't have been better. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning - even though we were going to be spending time on the beach!! I read some reviews from other patrons that stated the elevator was noisy but I didn't notice it at all. I definitely would recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was nice I must admit. The staff on the other hand was another story. They were rude whenever you called them for anything. Also check your bill because they will add on additional charges. I paid for something in cash and they also charged it to my room and tried to argue with me when it was time to check out. The matter is still not resolved. Seriously look at the bill. So many extra charges and fees.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear RN_2009ga,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The stay here was adequate and the bed was comfortable enough, pillows ok as well. The bathroom was clean enough but tissues and TP not of a good quality. You have to call and request if you want the sheets changed outside of the sheets being changed every 3 days. Housekeeping is adequate for the most part, but expect a wait if you request something (we asked and said we would be gone for 4-5 hours, came back and no one had been there yet).
Be deligent on looking at the room service charges if you place an order. I was overcharged on an order by $10 but didn't have the receipt and my fault for not catching before tipping and signing. I double checked the menu price, added the delivery fee and tip and that is how I know I was overcharged. Front desk said contact accounting etc...
The pool area was disappointing as well. I don't recommend going to this hotel if you want to spend anytime at the pool.
Internet is expensive at 13 a day! I signed in with my rewards account number thinking (from the web site) that I would receive free Internet and a few other benefits but sadly mistaken.
They have a mini bar that of course is expensive. We usually buy water and juice etc and prefer a mini fridge to put it in so if this what you also like to do, make sure you bring a cooler.
The AC worked great, not a noisy system so it doesn't disturb you at all.
They do have a lighted closet with plenty of hangers, ironing board and iron. Lighting in the bathroom was good, a small warming light and a regular light. Plenty of light in the room as well.
The TV is a little old but they have plenty of channel options. The cable they use
however doesn't offerer a program guide.
You can walk across the street to Walgreens and a gas station, Panera (I don't recommend this one though), and multiple places are essentially close by. This is helpful because you will end up parked in a parking garage at the hotel and walking is much easier than having to retrieve your car and driving somewhere just to grab something quickly.

Green Features: They do have 2 trash cans - 1 for recycle and 1 for regular and they practice the standard 'hang your towel or on floor for replacement'.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear bydragonfly,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the over-all issues you had during your stay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
pt st lucie, florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've stayed at the Grand Hyatt and wanted to see how the InterContinental compared. The hotel is geared towards business clients so the rooms are very nice. The staff at the front counter to the maids were friendly, kind and always willing to help. The location across from the mall makes it convenient to just walk over to choose from many nice places to eat. The hotel was clean and I would come back. The pool area is small but the location of the hotel is a plus. Parking was free and no problem. We had a family get-together and everyone was happy with their rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family