The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
$549
$374
Travelocity
1,570 results
All reviewsintercontinental hotelshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetmini barpf changsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsfour starwestshore plazanice mallclose to the airportbusiness travelerfront desk staffbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and overall enjoyed the stay. The room was clean and comfortable, and the typical conference catering and services were good. Good chain restaurants in walking distance but nothing unique or spectacular. The hotel is only three miles from the airport, and the complimentary shuttle was very convenient. Just a few minor notes though:
--I couldn't seem to find a 'do not disturb' card for the door, and even though they outlined their 'green' policies, they still washed my towels after one night even though they were hanging and not dirty on the floor.
--My room was very near the elevators, where you could hear the compressors all day and night. My room also faced the interior atrium, which meant there was little privacy with an office window right across from mine.
--Inexplicably, there was no hot water my last morning there. I was surprised that a higher-end hotel would have that issue.

Room Tip: Avoid near the elevators and facing the atrium if you want more privacy and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in offering a clean, comfortable hotel in a great location close to wonderful shopping, dining and entertainment options. Our concierge is great to use as a source for unique local restaurants and true Tampa experiences. I will also review you’re the discrepancies in your stay with our team in the effort to improve our guest experience. I am disappointed to see we dropped the ball on a few issues and will work to resolve this quickly. Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked the Interncontinental through Priceline for a 1 night pre-cruise stay. I had an extremely great price, 80$ per night, so I was very happy about getting a 4 star hotel for such a good price. We were only getting into Tampa for dinner time so we did not have much time to enjoy the facilities of this hotel so I can't talk at length about everything this hotel has to offer. Here are the pros and the cons:

PROS:

*The room was spacious, we had booked 2 rooms and were each upgraded to a king size bed, and clean. I had problems with the television and the engineer was in my room in a couple of minutes and resolved the problem quickly and efficiently.
*Location: It is located in front of a nice shopping mall so we went there on the morning of our cruise for a little shopping.
*Staff: We were treated very well by the staff during our check in and check out

CONS:

*Food: They only have expensive options inside the hotel. We had dinner in the bar area and it was more than ordinary for the price. However, we were tired from our day of flying so it did the job. You can cross the street and there are a couple of restaurants in the mall.
*Location: Except for the shopping mall, there is nothing much to do.

It is an excellent choice for our pre-cruise stay. We were more than happy with our choice for the price. I would stay there again in a heartbeat before leaving for a cruise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

I am very pleased your overall stay was positive and you experienced our wonderful associates. I am sorry we were unable to direct you to some less expensive dinner options. Next time you stay with us please feel free to consult with our Concierge. Tiffany is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and will be delighted to direct you to one of the many distinctive restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride from the hotel.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my 6th or 7th stay here, usually for 4 to 5 days each trip. On my previous trips I have had a room with a view of the lobby of the adjacent building, these rooms have been nice and also quiet.
On this particular trip I was surprised to get a room on an upper floor with a view of the bay. A view of the bay also means you are right by the street. Starting at about 6am on a weekend you will hear a lot of road noise. So I am torn, a nice view with street noise, or a lobby view and quiet.
Rooms are nice, very clean. Comfortable bed, way better than the omni I just left.
All in all not a bad hotel, just noisy. Also most flight crews use this hotel, so you can get stuck behind a pretty good size group checking in at any given time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate the thoughtful and fair review and promise we will win over a better review from you next time!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Classy hotel, great lounge and close to shopping, great restaurants, sports and njghtlife. We stayed on the very top floor Bayside with spectacular view of Tampa Bay and beautiful sunsets! Its a very centralized location in Tampa and would probably stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing about our great location, wonderful rooms and the fantastic No Name Lounge! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend so much. Thanks for sharing with our future guests!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We booked via Priceline, so we ended up with a rate about half the price of the standard rate. We arrived about 2 hours early for check-in, and we were able to get in a room right away. They also met all of our requests. I did ask for an "outside" view (based on reviews from tripadvisor), and although we had an outside view, the offices still had a bird's eye view of our room. The surrounding business offices takes away from the ambience a bit. Overall, the hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. The room is above basic level but it's not the Ritz either. The comments about high beds are true...it was a little odd. The walls are definitely thin, but then again, I can't recall being in any hotel (low or high end) that didn't have some noise issue. Ultimately, this is more of a reflection of manners and not the hotel. People need to learn to use their "inside voices" when in the hallways and avoid letting the door slam when entering/leaving the room. The hotel is conveniently located right next to a mall which houses a couple of restaurants. About 2 miles down the road is another shopping area with more restaurants. There isn't a lot to do close by other than shop or eat...or drive a bit further for an attraction or casino. However, for a night or two, with the right rate, this hotel was a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the delightful review and wonderful comments about our accommodating associates, they always try their best to accommodate everyone’s needs. I am glad you enjoyed a quick weekend getaway with us.