The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #34 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Intercontinental Hotel AAA ++++ great hotel clean and good service. Perfect for placer and bussiness, I stayed for two nights and everything was great. Everything close mall, restaurant ,movie theater and more places to enjoy. Rodolfo front desk and Luis housekeeping make me feel like home thank you guys.

• Stayed: January 2013
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

George,
Thank you for the wonderful review, we are so pleased you enjoyed it! I will pass your kind words onto Rodrigo and Luis.
-John

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everything related to this stay was perfect! The property itself is beautiful and well maintained but the real difference makers were the staff.

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary so I arranged to have some flowers delivered and some amenities placed in our room in advance of our arrival. Tiffany, the concierge, was awesome! She is friendly, efficient and passionate about her work. Thank you Tiffany, for delivering everything I requested and more!

Erin, at the front desk checked us in upon our arrival and was also professional and efficient and provided answers to each of my questions about the area with a genuine friendliness and a smile! Her service was truly appreciated.

Although I don't have the names of the others who assisted us, the valet/bell staff was also welcoming and efficient as was the staff in Shula's restaurant. Also, the turn down service offered by the housekeeping staff was a nice touch. They too were always friendly and each time we returned to our room it was spotless. Our stay could not have been better and I thank the staff of the Intercontinental Tampa for making it so.

The next time I visit the Tampa area I would not even consider staying elsewhere

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the wonderful review; we are delighted we could make your Anniversary special. I will certainly pass your kind words on to Tiffany, Erin and the rest of the team here. Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I only stayed there for one night. Great atmosphere and wonderful service. I lost my charger and Will ( the front desk man) gave me his. Who does that! That really impressed me. He was so professional. This is a real review, Im glad I stayed here. The rooms are amazing. Ask for Will, he "will" give you the shirt off his back!!

Room Tip: book room off priceline express..you will save 50 percent!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a package I was concerned about and Rosleyn from receiving took extra care to make sure I received it, I really appreciated that. Jim at the front desk was also excellent. The downstairs was very nice and so was the cigar shop. I would say the only thing missing from this place was a jaccuzzi. However, the roof-top pool area made up for that somewhat with a heated pool and the beautiful view.

Room Tip: They do not have free breakfast, or free in-room Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank You for the kind words about Ros & Jim, they are great! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, thanks for your comments.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed one night here while in Tampa for NYE. The hotel was very busy with most of the crowd being Outback Bowl fans. Parking was free in the on-site garage. Check-in was busy, but handled fine by staff. Our room was a basic king room, it was a bit on the small side but comfortable. The bed was very comfy. Our room was next to the elevators, but had no problems with it being too noisy. One of the reasons we picked to stay here was Shula's steakhouse. We had an earlier dinner there, it was very good, but not excellent. They do have a nice Shula's/Lobby bar lounge area here. Plenty of good seating for big crowds.

Overall a fine choice for the area and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Short notice trip for New Years with the Family to Tampa Bay. Of course we were unable secure anytype of reservations for dinner on new years eve because of the short notice. That was until I visisted Tiffany, the concierge. She was immediately able to secure us a early (6p) reservation at Shulas Steakhouse. She then offered and proceeded to call several other restaurants trying to secure a later time. She called me back later in the afternoon and informed she secured a 9p time for us, which was more suited for our schedule. Her service was polite and professional and her great attitude didnt feel fake or forced.

We had several drinks at the bar during our stay and the bar staff was politle and curteous as well. Unfortunately, I don't not recall the 2 young ladies names.

Oh and the dinner we had at Shulas... Food was exceptional, way better than expedted. Service however needs to observe how the Intercontinental staff does it and learn,

Room Tip: Great views of Tampa Bay on the North side.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate the wonderful feedback regarding Tiffany, she does such a great job it means a lot that you recognized her. I will also pass your nice comments on to Star and Leana in the No Name Lounge… they are truly awesome!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed only one night - was there with my 12yr old son and we booked a room with two-double beds. Very nice room. Clean. Modern. Beds were great. Clean, modern bathroom. Really no complaints. I think the room on New Years eve was about 200$. We ate at Shula's (on site) and had a good time there. Checkin and out and Valet were all efficient and nice. No complaints at all. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the nice comments Lou, glad you enjoyed everything!