“Business travel hotel, no resort amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #34 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Business travel hotel, no resort amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is great for the business traveler. This occasion I was with my wife, the weekend before Halloween and it was boring, so while the rooms are very nice and service was fine, I realized when coming to town for fun, this may not be the spot. It was a friday night and the bar was dead, pool was small on roof, with huge handicap equipment required by our current government I assume, no hot tub, and not close enough to anyplace we could walk to for dinner or drinks, other than hotel restaurant which is pricey. So, if looking for close to airport (5mins), this is a nice hotel, but if looking for nice place to relax outside of room with office building (and they literally look straight at your windows across the lobby area), then I would look further as there really is not much to offer here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rodney m
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are a great hotel for business travelers but we are also in a nice location for weekend getaways and vacations. There is great shopping, dining and lots of entertainment within a few minutes of the hotel. If you are also looking to be close to both the Gulf beaches and the downtown Tampa areas we are centrally located to both as well.
I hope you have another opportunity to visit so one of our wonderful Concierge associates will be delighted to share their knowledge of the area.
Thanks for writing.
-John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We needed a hotel for a 1 night pre cruise stay. This hotel filled the bill quite well. The front desk staff were very friendly and looked after every one of our questions. The room was a good size and was complete in every way, being clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Watch out as every room looks out across a short distance to offices.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Greg42
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi Greg,
It is great to hear we were a good choice for you prior to your cruise from the Port of Tampa, and that you enjoyed our rooms and friendly associates. I hope you enjoyed the cruise as well!
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is awesome! The beds are amazing! I stay here any time I'm in the area. The place is clean, staff is polite and overall nice and relaxing. I recommend this hotel to anyone! The restaurant there is very pricey so if you want food, you may want leave the hotel for a more reasonable meal.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Scorpiofl
Thank you for the great review of your stay. Our associates really make the difference at InterContinental Tampa; they are genuinely friendly and such a dedicated, hard working team. We are very proud to see great comments such as this!
Thanks for taking the time to share.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had to fly last minute to Tampa for a funeral--and I was sort of a basket case. I chose a package deal from Southwest Airlines. I refuse to stay in Holiday Inn Express, etc, etc. because I must have room service and a nice gym. I was very surprised by the experience. Friends met in the bar/restaurant and the service was so attentive and food very good. The location is close to airport (a free shuttle takes you back and forth). And, as for taking care of a me.....I locked my wallet/jewerly into the safe and couldn't open it, they sent security right away, they stocked the mini bar with the vodka and tonic bottle that I really needed, and I left in such a harried rush, I left my phone charger....which the housekeeping department Fed Exed to me along with various other items left in the room (that I had not missed). With the Southwest Airlines package the rate was only slightly more than the 'Express" "Courtyards" etc. etc. And so much nicer. I think you could throw anything to this staff and they would handle it. And,oh yeah, awesome pillows.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank liz77006
Hi Liz,
I am sorry to hear the purpose of your trip was not a happy one but I am glad we could make it a comfortable and pleasant. Thanks for staying with us.
Manteno, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I like this hotel as it has a nice location, clean rooms and can generally get a very good rate on some of the discount sites. The negative is they are still charging $13 a day for the internet and they have the room thermostats to never allow it to get cooler than 71 in the room. It was a hot 71 to me. I had it set on 65, but it never was lower than 71 when I checked. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the pool ask for a room on the 9th floor. Warning they will be louder as mor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our room was quiet even though it faced the street. The newly refurbished and decorated room had an incredibly comfortable bed with plush bedding, a coffee maker and flat screen TV.
There is a mall with various eating establishments directly across the street as well as a nice steak house ajoining the hotel. The price was much lower than I would have expected for a room as nice as this.
If there was a negative it would be the stroll to the undercover parking garage but even that would not keep me from returning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
That is great that you enjoyed our wonderful location in Tampa and comfy rooms. Thank You for sharing your experience with future travelers.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was so happy to check in to this hotel after fleeing a different hotel in Clearwater. The room was comfortable, clean, excellent bedding and furniture. Nice modern bathroom. The hotel bar served a delicious quick dinner and provided a comfortable place to sit and decompress after the day. I slept like a rock. A convenient free airport shuttle as well. I did book this place name unknown on Hotwire and was so pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Great Feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed your visit.