“Great room great location!”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #35 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our room was quiet even though it faced the street. The newly refurbished and decorated room had an incredibly comfortable bed with plush bedding, a coffee maker and flat screen TV.
There is a mall with various eating establishments directly across the street as well as a nice steak house ajoining the hotel. The price was much lower than I would have expected for a room as nice as this.
If there was a negative it would be the stroll to the undercover parking garage but even that would not keep me from returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

That is great that you enjoyed our wonderful location in Tampa and comfy rooms. Thank You for sharing your experience with future travelers.
-John

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was so happy to check in to this hotel after fleeing a different hotel in Clearwater. The room was comfortable, clean, excellent bedding and furniture. Nice modern bathroom. The hotel bar served a delicious quick dinner and provided a comfortable place to sit and decompress after the day. I slept like a rock. A convenient free airport shuttle as well. I did book this place name unknown on Hotwire and was so pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Great Feedback! We are delighted you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and i stayed one night in a standard King room on the 9th floor. They have a small pool on the roof of the 9th floor which was just down the hall. Room was a bit small but clean, well decorated and funtioned well. Check-in was easy with the option of valet ($$) or self park which was complimentary . Located across street from a large mall with several entertainment and dining options. There is also a walgreens a short walk from the main entrance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the nice review Scott, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this review from my room, a room that obviously hadn't been used, cleaned, or checked for a while judging from the number of pizza delivery flyers on the floor when I walked in (8 total). I can hear every word in every lyric from the music next door, not played by the inhabitants but by the cleaning staff. I have a sign on my door indicating that I didn't want to be disturbed (I checked in at 12:45am), yet housekeeping still knocked, just to make sure. The music, though, is too much.

Coming in on a late flight, I called the hotel to ask them to send a shuttle. They man on the other end told me exactly where to wait outside of the airport. I waited for 15 minutes, no big deal at midnight, but then I saw the shuttle speed right past me on its way to another zone. I called the hotel back, and the front desk gave no explanation except to indicate that it was probably somehow my fault and that he "might" circle back around. Might? I waited a total of 34 minutes for the hotel shuttle. And yes, after midnight it was kind of a big deal. I expected more from a quality hotel.

The room is smallish but the decor is nice. The amenities smell heavenly. But that's my enough to get me back here. The man at the front desk when I checked in said "we'll have breakfast down here for you from 6-11:30," but don't let that fool you. There's a $20 charge. My view is of the inside of an office building. The bed is adequately comfortable.

In all, I would not recommend this hotel. There is a hefty Internet fee, so even business travelers might not find it ideal. There's not a lot of space to spread out in the room, so families might feel constrained. There are better alternatives in Tampa.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank elizarenn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear elizarenn,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your experience. We are delighted you appreciated the decor of the room. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the shuttle service and hotel staff services you received as well as your room accommodations. I would also like to apologize for the noise that caused discomfort during your stay. We will address the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the Tampa Intercontinental Hotel the night before flying to Copenhagen for a 2-week cruise. While we live within 60 miles of Tampa International Airport, it was actually more affordable to take advantage of the Park, Stay, and Go rate than it was to drive to the airport and park in long-term parking the day of the flight.

The room itself was clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. Our room was close to the elevator. We did hear the elevators in the room so light sleepers should make sure to ask for a room that is farther away from the elevators. Our room's windows overlooked an interior courtyard and across the courtyard, we could clearly see into the office building (and presumably they could see into our room). This was not an issue for us, but could be for some.

The hotel is located near a major shopping area and within walking distance of a Starbucks. (The coffee kiosk in the lobby charged $4 per cup.) We were very pleased (and relieved) to see that the hotel's parking area was a covered garage.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should choose rooms away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the great feedback and helpful review. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice rooms but would rather have had two queen beds than the doubles. Also do not like paying daily for WiFi when less expensive hotels provide it for free. Only 2 connections per charge also - kind of hard to manage on that with three people with laptops and smartphones!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your responses regarding the bed types and internet charges; it is very helpful to receive this kind of feedback from our guests. I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your visit in Tampa.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great rooms, pretty good service, great overall experience BUT.....wait for it....YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR WIFI!!!....HAHHAHAHAHAHA ...OMG!...wifi is free everywhere even at McDonalds! I bet whoever made that business decision on within their ranks needs to realize we don't ride horses to work anymore, so please put down your feather pen and be welcomed to 2012

• Stayed: October 2011