“Nice Hotel, Clean, Comfortable Beds”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #37 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Nice Hotel, Clean, Comfortable Beds”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding and found it to be very nice. The room was clean and had nice amenities. Our room faced outside, but many of the rooms looked into the atrium of the adjacent office building (keep your shades closed!). The bed was very comfortable - the best I've had so far in any hotel I have stayed in. There is a nice mall within walking distance across Kennedy street with several nice restaurants. Shula's is inside the hotel and is fantastic (and very expensive) for dinner. I highly recommend it for a special occasion. Shula's also serves the standard upscale hotel breakfast. The buffet is $16 so it adds up fast. The hotel offers valet parking for a fee, but self parking is free. We self parked but the hotel added a valet fee at checkout. When I pointed out their mistake, they quickly and easily took it off.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel is ideally located between Tampa International and the port of Tampa. A free shuttle service is offed by the hotel between the airport and hotel. All you have to do is call them from one of the free phones that puts you directly through to the hotel in the airport. Our room was large a clean with a very comfortable bed. The hotel is also located near Walgreens, ideal to get supplies before your cruise. There are also may restaurants across the street. We also used a shuttle organised by the hotel to drop us off at the port and return us to the airport after our cruise for $20. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard T
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Great to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location in Tampa and Thank You for sharing your experience with future travelers... Hope you had fun on the cruise!
NY
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed one night nice hotel clean rooms and nice staff. They charge for internet which I though was alittle 1990's.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NyBlumpkin
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at the Intercontinental hotel in Tampa, FL over Memorial Weekend 2012. With me were my husband and 2 month old baby. We arrived at the hotel (directly across the street from a Mall with shops and plenty of restaurants) and parked in the self-parking garage (free), we checked in and did not wait in line, just walked right up to the counter (very clean lobby, nice business type decor). The attendant found our reservation right away, it was exactly what we'd requested a non-smoking King room. Our room was on the 7th floor, when we walked in we were very pleased. There was plenty of space, the room was clean, and smelled good, not musty like some hotels do sometimes. The bed was very comfortable, bedding nice, decor in room was nice too.

One particular thing I noticed was how high the sink in the bathroom felt for me. I'm 5'3 which is not that tall but not that short either and it just stood out to me how the sink was so tall. Another thing I noticed was that the doors from other rooms would slam shut when ppl would come in and out of their rooms, which was a little disturbing since I had a 2 month old with me, but that wasn't a big deal at all and certainly not something that would deter me from staying there again. I definitely recommend this hotel when staying in Tampa, its close to everything, clean and secure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dlmyvette
Georgia Coast, Georgia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. The location is great: very near I275, right across the street from the Westshore Mall, Starbucks and Panera Bread, and a short drive from the International Mall. The receptionist, Karla, was very pleasant and gave us an upgraded room with a great view of Tampa Bay. It was very quiet and the bed was exceptionally comfortable, resulting in a great night's sleep. We would give it 41/2 stars.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Why do hotels insist on sticking you in the crappiest rooms when you Priceline them. I have stayed here about 4 times and I always get a lousy handicap room

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank DrtimothyCarroll
, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear baddabingtmc,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel and leaving us your feedback. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you experienced due to the room type you received. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers. We always appreciate comments from our guests, and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Phoenix US
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks for business. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. It did not have that "mildew" smell that other hotels in the area have a tendency to have - even the upscale ones. The service staff was very nice. Housekeeping was amazing. Quick to bring extra towels, sundries and my room was always spotless.
The restaurant on the property was OK but for the prices they were charging - I expect more quality in the food.
Unless you are going to valet park - you'll need to go to the garage with the entrance on Westshore Blvd. Park on the 3rd or 4th floor - more parking spots available and closer to the elevator to the lobby.

Room Tip: Unless you want a view of business offices- ask for a room at the end of the hall and on a high flo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TripTreasures
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. We are very proud of our associates that work so hard to provide great service & clean, comfortable accommodations for our guests. Thank you for your business.