The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #36 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I visited Tampa on business during the week and my wife tagged along for a mini vacation on the weekend. The hotel is very nice and close to everything we needed. It is just a short distance from the airport. Across the street from a mall and about 20 minutes from white sand beaches!

We had room service every night at the hotel and it was very good. We also used the fitness center that is nicely equipped with everything we needed to try and stay fit while traveling.

I would suggest this hotel for business and pleasure!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
JGaffney, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thanks for the great review Nathan... hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel the night before and after my wedding - before we left do the honeymoon. The hotel has been recently refurbished and the suites are beautifully appointmented. Try the breakfast buffet at Shula's near the lobby. Great value and expertly prepared fare.

• Stayed: March 2012

Congratulation on your marriage Mandi & Eric... Glad we could be a small part of your big day!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We visited Tampa for my 40th birthday. The hotel is nice, modern and caters to business travelers. They did treat us very well. We wanted to go salsa dancing and asked Victor at the front desk. He said he would get back to us and get this... he actually did! The salsa options were very much to our liking. The pool is located on the 9th floor with a sky view of the area. It is small but comes with all the necessities like pool towels, lounge chairs, water, pool side service available and a shower. The gym is free and is small but nice. The treadmills have the TV attached. I always care about the actual hotel room which was nice. We had a view of the office spaces which is attached to the hotel. So during the day, you have to keep the curtains closed because the office workers across the way can see into your room. The hotel room was clean and nice, modern bedding. The bed sat up high and i found the bed and down pillows to be comfy, my hubby did not. The bathroom was nice as well. The floor has a linen tile which I loved, marble counter with a glass tile backsplash. Internet in your room is $12/day and free downstairs and the valet is 18/day. You can park in the garage for free. the hotel is situated across from the mall and close the the major freeways. We walked to alot of the surrounding eateries and shopping stores. I would recommend and return to this hotel for the service and the amenties.

Room Tip: We had a view of the office spaces which is attached to the hotel. So during the day, you have to k...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and provide a great review… Victor is wonderful and always does such a great job for us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, come back soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The lobby and guest rooms were clean and beautiful. The pool was OK...really needs to be updated. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Had breakfast in Shulas once, although it didn't seem to be busy (and there were three servers) it took my server nearly 10 minutes to acknowledge me, hostess was not very friendly. The chef (female) tending the waffle/omelet station was AWESOME though, she even did the servers job and got another guest coffee and juice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Comfortable, clean. great bar downstairs.

$13/day WiFi
Highway robbery !!
Most hotels give free wifi
Very disappointing for a hotel of this class..........

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Daniel D,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as our bar. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you found the cost of Wi-Fi unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed here last weekend for two nights. The building itself is dated, but in okay condition. Has a real 1980's feel. The rooms were good, I woudl give them a solid B. The real opportunities for improvement were the staff. No one was ever rude, but no one ever went out of his or her way to enhance my experience. The communication styles from the valet to the front desk rep were very casual. There just wasn't the crisp service delivery I expect from this brand. Maid service was okay but they left my dirty dishes? That was unusual.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Captain_Deguello,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We hope you enjoyed the location of our as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I'm the kind of traveler that wants a nice place to stay, has room service if I choose to use it, and a helpful/professional staff. The Intercontinental Tampa has it! I called the hotel to arrange to be picked up from the airport (complimentary) , and within 30mins I was checking-in. Even though I had booked through Priceline, they didn't treat me as such. The young lady was more than happy to accomodate my request for a room on a higher level floor, away from the elevator. Let me also say this, I'm a guy that was taught by my parents to use my manners. "Please, thank you", and not being a jerk for no good reason, usually can get your simple request taken of. I don't walk in with a sense of entitlement, if I'm coming in on a discounted rate. Great location, close to shopping and restaurants. Shula's is located on the property, but I didn't eat there.Staff was helpful and attentive. Room was comfortable and clean. Another guest told me that self-parking was free (always a plus). Some people come to a city, check-in, and live in the hotel for the duration of their stay. Not me. When I wakeup, I'm gone for the day/and most of the night to explore the city! So, for me The Intercontinental Tampa was perfect. I got exactly what I wanted.I had an early flight out Mon AM, and got the shuttle to transport me to the airport again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo