“Fantastic Hotel for Cruise/Park/Stay Package”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #38 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pensacola, Florida
“Fantastic Hotel for Cruise/Park/Stay Package”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We chose this hotel as part of a very reasonable Cruise/Park/Stay package as we were leaving on the Carnival Legend the next day. All went perfectly. The room was quiet, very clean, the bed was comfortable, coffee maker available in the room, and the location was fantastic! It was kind of cool sleeping in the middle of office buildings, we are not business people so I thought this was pretty unique! Best of all, there is a mall across the street as well as a drug store for anything you might have forgot while packing for your cruise. Also there are many restaurants nearby all within walking distance.
I had originally wanted to use points to book this hotel but wasn't really sure how that would work with the parking and the shuttle, and the reservation clerk wasn't very helpful with this, so I just paid and saved the points. However, in the future, I would probably use my points, park in the garage (just don't park in the spots that say "reserved") and book my own shuttle through Blue One (the company the hotel used). They charge $20 per person round trip to the cruiseport and were really great, on time, and professional. We were one of the first people off the ship, and there they were waiting and took us back to the hotel for our car. Very easy and stress free!
I would defintely reccomend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tammlynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Polish first
Whitmore Lake, MI
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I made a last-minute decision to travel to Tampa for a 4-day weekend. We are so glad we did! Using a travel site, we got a great deal on this hotel and found it to be perfect for our needs.

Pro's:
-Roof top pool with large loungers and plenty of towels
-Workout room was well-equipped
-Room was clean and updated
-Close to the aiport.

Con's:
-This hotel is located in a business building, with an atrium separating it from offices. If you have a room off of the atrium, you must be sure to keep blinds closed (of someone sitting at their desk will be staring at you) and it can be echo-y during the day.
-No continental breakfast
-Rooms were somewhat small
-If relaxing by the pool, you WILL see and hear planes closely overhead coming/going from airport.

Overall a great experience, if you don't mind being 10 minute drive from downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing outward, as the atrium can get noisy during the day.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night to go to the Tampa Bay baseball game, we were surprised about the service and the hotel it is very nice and the employees are very friendly, I left my make up in the car at valet and they kindly got them for me and brought them to my room...that was great thanks..the pool is small but very cool, its on the 9th floor and it has a very nice view.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 9, 2012

PROS: Great location, accross the street from a large mall, Panera and Starbucks.
Comfortable beds, lots of pillows.
Very good room cleaning (5th Floor)
Free self-parking
CONS: No free WiFi, not even in the lobby. The business center computers were slow and had
wornout keyboards. Printers are good, though.
Small pool with small towels.
Overall I was happy with the hotel and I would stay there again.

Jacksonville
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Waste of money.. 4 star rated but you get horrible service worst than 1star. William at front desk really rude.. black gentleman bold head with glasses works at night. dont ever go there.
I suppose to check in at 3pm but they didn't have the room ready until 11pm. waste of time and money... no customer service at all

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Naga S,

Ben J
IHG Care
Saint Robert, Missouri
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed here for almost a week for business. The staff was very professional and helpful, and the room was nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable and there was good shower pressure. The breakfast buffet was a little pricey but had very good quality. There were a few minor things that bugged me. The outlets on the work desk were inoperable, and there were no others in the area, making it far less functional. There were no lights in the foyer of the room, so it was always dark until you stumbled into the main area to find an individual switch on a lamp.
Despite my reservation, the only room available was a handicapped-accessible room. While normally not an issue, the accessible rooms are all on the central pillar near the elevators. The counterweight shaft for the elevators was next to the room, so all night long you could hear the swooshing of the machanism as the elevators operated.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicapped rooms if possible due to the elevator noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Sapperlight,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad you had a positive experience with our Front Desk staff and our breakfast during your stay. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what felll below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced with the room accommodations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27698109
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in Feb for 4 days and I really was pleased with everything.
The room was very nicely decorated but most of all clean.Beds were just what we like and I found the inside room situation nice.Being on a very busy street there was no road or outside noise at all.The windows had a curtain that allowed light in but gave you privacy with a room darkening one over the top.
The mall across the street had a movie theater and lots of store and eateries.
We did eat in the bar one nite. The mac and crab was really good.and a reasonable price.
They did have free parking which is rare but you do have to pay for WiFi
We had no problem finding the hotel and would stay here again.We did notice one evening that there were alot of people staying the nite before leaving on a cruise so that is also a plus for cruisers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple