“Nice hotel -- good price.”

The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #35 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here the night before going on a cruise which departed from Tampa. I only paid $85. The rooms were of typical size, but the furnishings were far above average. Bed was extremely comfortable. they had a breakfast for purchase, but I went to a Panera across the street. They do have Issa coffee for sale, which is my absolute favorite. Parking is free in a parking deck, or you could opt for valet service.

1  Thank ddegeer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

There's no denying the hotel is very pretty, staff is friendly and helpful, and the beds were comfy. The bathroom left a little to be desired: there is very little counter space to store your things, and in our room the shower head was pointed toward the wall and we couldn't move it (it felt very flimsy like it might fall off if we messed with it too much). The plus side: a mirrored vanity in the entryhall to sit and do makeup or keep the extra bathroom stuff, and the decor was very nice. Shula's is a good restaurant though I still think it's a bit overpriced for what you get--the lobster bisque is mediocre at best (tastes like foodservice food) and when you are paying premium prices, I would expect homemade soup. Another plus: the cabs--black Continentals, roomy and comfy. The rooftop pool is rather small but they have a great setup up there with a beautiful view and comfortable chairs.

1  Thank imstillthird
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for three nights as we were in town to attend a wedding. The hotel was convenient to the airport, and although my husband could not find information on a complimentary shuttle, there in fact was one--we should have called directly instead on merely relying on the internet. (We learned our mistake as a very surly taxi driver made us pay a rediculous flat rate and didn't tell us about the shuttle until we were on our way).

The hotel was not a stone's throw, but it was one of the closest to the Tampa airport. It was located in a business park and it's design was classy, yet not "brassy" without an overdone design. The lobby was also reminiscent of an office building, although the staff was very helpful and efficient. The hotel's restaurant offered a pricey "meat and potatoes" menu for lunch and dinner and an equally pricey but tasty breakfast buffett--great for the business traveler who can expense the meal; nevertheless, the Intercontinental is across the street from a nice mall with an array of restaurants such as PF Chang's and a food court with more modest selections. Shopping at the mall is decent as well, as it was not filled with a bunch of cheapie type stores.
The rooms were sizable and the beds comfortable. I liked the ceramic-like tiling on the bathroom floor. The hallway carpets were clean (and this is one of the marks of a very good hotel).
Tip--although the TV check out service may say that you may check out until 1 pm, we called to confirm from the room and they told us it was 12pm. They were sweet and did extend it once we brought this to their attention.
Overall nice stay!

Room Tip: They tried to offer us accessible King size bed room, and we did not need the special access+wanted...
1  Thank Bronzediva
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here with my family the night before our cruise. Our room, overlooking the central lobby, was very reasonable ($80 booked through CAA). It was on the small side but comfortable and nicely decorated. I read some negative reviews about the lobby view, but we liked it, especially since it is too hot in Tampa to open the windows anyway. My kids enjoyed the roof-top pool and were the only ones using it for most of our stay. Service was excellent. When we got to the Tampa airport I was able to call the hotel directly from the airport info boards and they sent the free airport shuttle right away. My daughter wanted to mail some postcards back to Canada and the desk staff was happy to look after it for her. This hotel is across the street from a mall, drug store and a variety of restaurants. I picked up last minute items for the cruise and the beverages we planned to bring on board with us (the drug store has pop, beer, wine and bottled water). There is a nice bakery / cafe right next store that we went to for breakfast. A taxi to the cruise port is $25 or they can call a shuttle which is $8 per person. All in all, we enjoyed this hotel and staying in Tampa the night before our cruise made our vacation more relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TorontoTeresa
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Got their miles to smiles special which included deluxe king room for $109/nt, free breakfast buffet for 2 at their Shula's restaurant, and $25 credit for incidentals -- amazing deal! Rooms were spacious, beds were very comfortable. Front desk was quick and efficient, very helpful, but my favorite was Brian, the concierge, who made reservations at Charthouse restaurant along the bay for our celebratory dinner and then subsequently called the restaurant while we were there to tell them the hotel would take care of our dessert! Nice surprise! Get the grouper and hot lava cake -- delicious! Only downside was people arguing very loudly in the hallway for 20 minutes, but the front desk sent security and took care of it promptly.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This Hitel was great. I booked through oricelibe so I paid 1/5 of the price. Very clean, nice service. Location was ok. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Room service can be costly.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Have visited the IC Tampa 3 times in the past 3 months and would highly recommend it. There's a free shuttle from the airport and it's just a short 5 minute shuttle ride away from the arrivals terminal. Check-in is fast and efficient. The rooms are modern, comfortable and large. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. There are a lot of nice thoughtful touches like an iPod dock, a dock to hook up your laptop to the HD TV, there is also free, fast wifi. Didn't try the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that. The hotel is neither in downtown nor harbourside Tampa but there are a few decent restaurants within walking distance (covered in another review). There is a rooftop pool with nice views. Unfortunately there are a lot of people smoking up there and the 'no glassware at the poolside' rule is universally ignored by those who frequent it, including the flight crews. Of course this isn't the hotel's fault although, arguably, it could be policed by having an employee up there. That aside the only reason for not giving this a 5* review is that, on one of the 3 recent trips, the adjacent room's aircon was incredibly noisy and the only way I could get some sleep was by using earplugs. That said, I'd certainly use this hotel again when I next visit Tampa. This hotel can often be found for under $100 a night on the IHG web site. At that rate it's a bargain.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends