“Good deal if you go thru PL!!”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Rhode Island
“Good deal if you go thru PL!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

Stayed here MLK weekend. Got a good deal via PL!!! I think the rack rate is $110 per night and this place is worth that. Setback off of Westshore, it really doesnt look that great from the outside, but my room was like a suite. Because this place use to be an AmeriSuites. Room had the AmeriSuites dark wood modelings and doors. Room had a huge couch and sitting area, micro, refrig, wet bar, and big flat screen TV. Bathroom was a bit small but no big deal. King bed was comfy and pillows were awesome!! Continental breakfast was standard with hot cooked-to-order items for an add'l fee. All ain all, not a bad place to stay. Very convenient to airport but none of the noise.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Statesville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

My wife and I stayed here before a four-night cruise. We did the "snooze and cruise" package, which was a GREAT deal. The package included transportation from the airport, the room for a night, transportation to the cruise terminal, AND transportation from the cruise terminal back to the airport. All of the pick-ups/drops-offs were done quickly by courteous drivers in a nice Hyatt Place van.

Our room was great, spacious, and clean. Honestly, I just cannot understand some of the reviews of the rooms in this hotel. Maybe our room was atypical, but it was just fine. The bathroom was smaller than other Hyatt Place hotels we have used, but that wasn't a big issue. The free breakfast was perfectly adequate and well=stocked.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are cruising out of Tampa and want to come in one day early. The cruise package was perfect for us.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

Upon checking into room, I found dead bugs on couch headrest. Changed to a different room and still not clean. I checked out with no apology. I was told the charges were not placed on my card. Got my credit card bill one month later and saw that I had been charged. Had to call customer service to have charges withdrew. Still no apology from hotel management. Again....Do not Stay at this hotel!! I recommend the Westin where I had an excellent experience.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank paletraveler
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

I believe this is an atypical Hyatt Place, which usually feature nice, modern rooms. Our room had a tired bathroom, with old fixtures and a worn floor. There were also a lot of bugs in the lobby, which made for a bad first impression. Finally, we found the staff to be unfriendly during our late check-in. There had been problems with their computer system and the staff had grown surly.
It's not a grim hotel, but it's also nothing like the modern, comfy place that the website tries to present.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jfoges
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

Arrived late and there was no one to help with bags. After I got to my room it smelled bad. Turned on the air and it was the loudest thing I have heard. At 2:30 am I called the desk and asked if they could fix it while I was out that day. I returned and it was not fixed. I called just for a guy to come up and say he couldn't do anything and they would move my room. As I wait to hear from the desk I pack all my stuff up just for me to call and them say they are going to replace the unit. After an hour I go down to check on when they are going to start and she said he would up in a minute. It has been another hour. I now have packed all my stuff for no reason and can't get comfortable because there will be 3 people replacing the unit. There is also no bathroom tissue holders. The shower head is cocked to one side so you have to get up against the wall to get wet. Everything else about the room is good. I guess if you can get pass all the other issues. Not a good exprience. Don't stay in room 521. It is bad.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Ab5771
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

We stayed one night precruise.
This may be the nicest room we have ever seen. There were two double beds * a sectional sofa that opened up to a double. There was a partial divider between the sleeping and sofa area, an area with a desk, a bar area, and sink vanity area. A giant flat screened TV as well as modern tasteful decor. Excellent for our family of 4 and would be great for the business traveler. Free continental breakfast with nice teas & star buck coffee. Nice sitting area in lobby with private alcoves. Very cold outdoor pool. Free shuttle to restaurants malls and airport. Airport shuttle was very quick and nice to use. Great rate on hotwire and given our choice of several floors at check in. Staff very eager to assist you.
One thing that keeps me from giving it a full 5* is the air-conditioning went on and off throughout the night with a clunk and when you turned it off it sounded like dishes breaking. The unit is located by the bed. No shuttle service to the pier, but a cab ride was only $22 with a stop at a convience store on the way, pretty reasonable for 4 and on our own schedule.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Pennsylvaniafamily
Jim T, Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, December 17, 2016
Thank you for completing our Trip Advisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response to make every guest experience the best it can be. I do apologize for the late response. We did recently renovate and have new staff members. The renovation was completed this year back in March and you should see our new modern look.

If I can be of any assistance to you, please contact me directly. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Apopka, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed here for a birthday trip and loved it! The size of the room was unbelievable for the rate that they were charging..under $100! Flat screen TV, full-sized sectional sofa, fridge,wetbar, etc. All the comforts of a suite for an standard sized price. The location is great too, very convenient to the mall and many restaurants. We will definitely be going back again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple