“Terrible exprience.”

Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Ranked #18 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
“Terrible exprience.”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Arrived late and there was no one to help with bags. After I got to my room it smelled bad. Turned on the air and it was the loudest thing I have heard. At 2:30 am I called the desk and asked if they could fix it while I was out that day. I returned and it was not fixed. I called just for a guy to come up and say he couldn't do anything and they would move my room. As I wait to hear from the desk I pack all my stuff up just for me to call and them say they are going to replace the unit. After an hour I go down to check on when they are going to start and she said he would up in a minute. It has been another hour. I now have packed all my stuff for no reason and can't get comfortable because there will be 3 people replacing the unit. There is also no bathroom tissue holders. The shower head is cocked to one side so you have to get up against the wall to get wet. Everything else about the room is good. I guess if you can get pass all the other issues. Not a good exprience. Don't stay in room 521. It is bad.

1 Thank Abbey H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2009

We stayed one night precruise.
This may be the nicest room we have ever seen. There were two double beds * a sectional sofa that opened up to a double. There was a partial divider between the sleeping and sofa area, an area with a desk, a bar area, and sink vanity area. A giant flat screened TV as well as modern tasteful decor. Excellent for our family of 4 and would be great for the business traveler. Free continental breakfast with nice teas & star buck coffee. Nice sitting area in lobby with private alcoves. Very cold outdoor pool. Free shuttle to restaurants malls and airport. Airport shuttle was very quick and nice to use. Great rate on hotwire and given our choice of several floors at check in. Staff very eager to assist you.
One thing that keeps me from giving it a full 5* is the air-conditioning went on and off throughout the night with a clunk and when you turned it off it sounded like dishes breaking. The unit is located by the bed. No shuttle service to the pier, but a cab ride was only $22 with a stop at a convience store on the way, pretty reasonable for 4 and on our own schedule.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Pennsylvaniafamily
Jim T, Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, December 17, 2016
Thank you for completing our Trip Advisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response to make every guest experience the best it can be. I do apologize for the late response. We did recently renovate and have new staff members. The renovation was completed this year back in March and you should see our new modern look.

If I can be of any assistance to you, please contact me directly. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Apopka, FL
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed here for a birthday trip and loved it! The size of the room was unbelievable for the rate that they were charging..under $100! Flat screen TV, full-sized sectional sofa, fridge,wetbar, etc. All the comforts of a suite for an standard sized price. The location is great too, very convenient to the mall and many restaurants. We will definitely be going back again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I just returned from a stay at this hotel and was a bit afraid to stay here after reading a few of the reviews on this board. I stay at hotels almost every week and my experience at this hotel was pleasant. I know Hyatt Place is not a full service hotel, they are designed with the business traveler in mind. For this type of hotel I give it 5 stars.

Upon arrival at TPA I called the hotel and was picked up with in 10 - 15 minutes, my check in was a breeze. The front desk clerk provided all the needed information I needed about the hotel, and arranged for a late check out.

The room appeared in very good condition, clean, and smelled fresh. I could not find any toxic or moldy smell any where in the hotel. The A/C worked fine,

Like all other Hyatt Places there is a state-of-the-art media and work center with a 42" high definition flat panel television that will easily integrated with your laptop. The Wi-Fi work perfect, I had no problem downloading files, or doing work via the web.

As well as providing a shuttle to the airport the hotel also provides transportation to the nearby malls, and business parks. If you have a car there is plenty of free parking with easy freeway access nearby to explore all of the Tampa Bay attractions. FYI you need a car in Tampa it is not a very pedestrian friendly city, and the public transit is horrible.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Covington, LA
Reviewed November 23, 2009

To be totally honest, the 4th floor room had a comfortable bed, plasma television, and clean bathroom. The sofa was so filthy we were scared to sit on it and the toxic odor hits you in the face immediately! The room our friends stayed in was the same way. No matter the cost, never stay on 4th floor.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spanishgal57
Miami FL
Reviewed September 26, 2009

The only good thing about the stay was it was for only one night. I had the pleasure of checking in late and leaving early. I recommend this place if you like moldy smelling hotels and guest rooms. The smell hit me once I opened the door to my room. The ac unit was loud and leaked all over the carpeting. Disgusting. All night the unit cranked on and off loudly. The decor was sort of 80's motel meets better technology- flat screen tv and gold poly bedspreads. The only thing I liked was that the fitness room- which consists of 2 treadmills and one elliptical, was furnished with good Life Fitness Equipment. Could of used some free weights though. Never again will I stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank RoadKing9
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This hotel (recently remodeled -previously AmeriSuites) is a good hotel with reasonable rates, free breakfast with lots of room. Stayed here for 2 nights while attending baseball games at Tropicana Field in St Petes (30 min drive). There were 3 of us in the room which had 2 full beds and a huge L shaped couch in the living area. Also had a refridgerator and microwave and a very large flat screen Tv 45" I believe. It was comfortable and clean but it did have a very small bathroom with the sink area outside of the bathroom. Used the workout room and it had 3 treadmills. Also used the pool which was okay - no whirlpool/jacuzzi. Behind the hotel is a runway for airport but the noise was not an issue. A/c worked well.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family